Tiger going??

I heard that Eales didn’t sell to Sartori/Donald because he couldn’t stand the third person in the group. Not sure if there is any truth to it, but it sounds plausible given the popularity of that person on this forum!
I'd heard the same, but I'm sure Darryl wouldn't have been so petty as to pull the plug on a deal because of a personality clash with somebody associated with the buyers. Would he?

What isn’t subjective is that Eales took us in the right direction and gave us some of the best times we’ve had in a long while. Believe what you will about why he sold or had to sell, it frankly doesn’t matter now because we are where we are.
And he left us in a right mess. I've always said the best time to judge an owner is when they have left....

D'ya think that the club are giving "reputable source" & "rarely wrong" contacts a series of wild scenarios to see which snippets find their way onto social media so they know who can be trusted with genuine confidential information.....?....
Sounds like a John Le Carre novel

I heard that Eales didn’t sell to Sartori/Donald because he couldn’t stand the third person in the group. Not sure if there is any truth to it, but it sounds plausible given the popularity of that person on this forum!
What isn’t subjective is that Eales took us in the right direction and gave us some of the best times we’ve had in a long while. Believe what you will about why he sold or had to sell, it frankly doesn’t matter now because we are where we are.
Like Myles, I find it hard to believe that DE refused to sell to a potential buyer due to disliking a (presumably) minority shareholder of the new Company?
Pretty pathetic by Eales if that were the case.

Well is he going or isn't he?

Typical of this forum that someone creates a thread with absolutely no substance to it.

The thread then goes off at a tangent with different points of view being made,but not on the subject matter

So Jamie slabber either come back and tell us more or b****r off.

I'd heard the same, but I'm sure Darryl wouldn't have been so petty as to pull the plug on a deal because of a personality clash with somebody associated with the buyers. Would he?

And he left us in a right mess. I've always said the best time to judge an owner is when they have left....
Wasn’t that “associate “ carrying out the due diligence?

Amazed that in all these months nobody ever picked up on the fact that a certain person was still on here trying to convince all his way was the know all and only way just days before involvement in a takeover up North.

I heard the same.

Who did the due diligence at SAFC ?

Due diligence is performed by lawyers and accountants. I'm sure, as a self-made man, SD has access to a small army of these.

No doubt ol' chinos was involved with the overall transaction process - he is, after all, one of the buyers.

To suggest Chartle was performing it himself is, frankly, laughable!

You'd be surprised the level of due diligence that does/ doesn't take place during a takeover/ merger.

It's like buying a second hand car - you're dependant on the openness of the seller - needs new exhaust, leak in boot, etc. As long as you've checked it has an MoT and they're the legal owner job done. If you don't know what to look for or just think because it's got an MoT and the seller appears nice and friendly you could quite easily get a dud. Worse case is the buyer having a little knowledge - I know where the petrol goes and to fill the water up; does my cam belt need replacing- not a clue.

So back to football, how many of us have a opinion on how a club should be run? Most of us. How many of us would actually know what to look for and be successful? Not many of us. But don't be fooled into thinking due diligence is a finely tuned process - could Charlie have been heavily involved in the process - I refer to my previous paragraph.

Due diligence is performed by lawyers and accountants. I'm sure, as a self-made man, SD has access to a small army of these.

No doubt ol' chinos was involved with the overall transaction process - he is, after all, one of the buyers.

To suggest Chartle was performing it himself is, frankly, laughable!
I'm only going what was quoted in the press about their SAFC takeover.
I agree about your comment on chaz.

Well is he going or isn't he?

Typical of this forum that someone creates a thread with absolutely no substance to it.

The thread then goes off at a tangent with different points of view being made,but not on the subject matter

So Jamie slabber either come back and tell us more or b****r off.

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard an Oxford fan ask for Jamie Slabber to ‘come back’.

Heard many to ask for him to b****r off, mind.

Back
Top Bottom