Tiger going??

Obviously this is refering to the Satori/SD/Charlie deal. But what we have to remember is that Charlie admitted that they were looking to get a ood deal and valued the club far lower that DE did. Also that SD had stated that the cost of buying the Kassam and then making it fit for purchase was beyond any reasonable investment, and that the only sustainable option was to move away. However, this also involved doing a deal with FK to benefit from the Kassam being turned into housing, something that was far from certain, and developing Water Eaton, which transpires was also highly unlikely.

So although SD has been very supportive of our club for many years, and it would be amazing to have a real fan running our club, there were no certainties that we would have been anywhere further forward than we are now. In fact, it is possible that we would not have had the same level of investment in the academy and under 23's that we've seen, or had the level of player recruitment (even if this hasn't been spent well by KR).

So whilst you are right to say there was other interest, without this matching DE's valuation, this was maybe unrealistic. Tiger, for all his faults, and there are plenty, has stumped up the cash to buy the club, to invest in the club, and EVENTUALLY, cover the expenses of the club.

Stumped up the cash? More like concocted phase payments by selling our asset players!

I meant previously owed transfer fees, and possibly Ledson & Rothwell.
Previous fees are irrelevant as they were already accounted for as part of ongoing payments to DE. Ledson and Rothwell brought in less than £1m, whereas first team player recruitment, under 23's, academy, training facilities and operating costs are all significantly higher. There can be no denying the fact that Tiger has stumped up several million for his current stake in the club, regardless of how well that money has been spent.

Previous fees are irrelevant as they were already accounted for as part of ongoing payments to DE. Ledson and Rothwell brought in less than £1m, whereas first team player recruitment, under 23's, academy, training facilities and operating costs are all significantly higher. There can be no denying the fact that Tiger has stumped up several million for his current stake in the club, regardless of how well that money has been spent.
I thought part of the deal with Tiger buying the club from Eales was that quite a few million of the purchase cost was not paid upfront, but that Eales would get this money when future player sales went through.

Irrespective of costs spent on academy and a few young players, that doesn't seem to be a usual way that someone with plenty of cash would buy a club.

I thought part of the deal with Tiger buying the club from Eales was that quite a few million of the purchase cost was not paid upfront, but that Eales would get this money when future player sales went through.

Irrespective of costs spent on academy and a few young players, that doesn't seem to be a usual way that someone with plenty of cash would buy a club.
Irrespective of whether or not it is normal doesn't change the fact that Tiger has still spent a good few quid on our club. I couldn't guess the figures but it's in the millions.

Actually, they were not accounted for until a charge was placed against OUFC dated 21/02/2018. On this exact same date Ensco ceded control to Tiger. Thus it is clear to see that Tiger "bought" OUFC by agreeing to pay Eales all transfer income still to be received by OUFC. i.e.part financed.
It is very hard to tell whether any "cash" actually changed hands, so, it is impossible to say with any accuracy that Tiger "stumped up several million for his current stake in the club"
He may well have put cash into the club's accounts subsequently but, as we all know, insufficient to meet HMRC demands on schedule.
Irrespective of whether or not it is normal doesn't change the fact that Tiger has still spent a good few quid on our club. I couldn't guess the figures but it's in the millions.

I wouldn't go guessing "in the millions" I doubt very much that Tiger has "millions" to spend.

Companies house Worth having a look.

But if DE had to wait for players to be sold at a later date to get his money wouldn’t he have been better off taking the SD and sartori bid. At least the money would have been in the bank. If tigers struggling paying hmrc, who say Eales will get his money. Players have career ending injuries every day.

But if DE had to wait for players to be sold at a later date to get his money wouldn’t he have been better off taking the SD and sartori bid. At least the money would have been in the bank. If tigers struggling paying hmrc, who say Eales will get his money. Players have career ending injuries every day.

Would it though? Can we guarantee that SD and JS offered cash for the club to DE?

Would it though? Can we guarantee that SD and JS offered cash for the club to DE?

Exactly, when in fact I believe they have brought Sunderland in almost exactly the same way, with future payments going to the previous owner

[QUOTE="Manorlounger,

I wouldn't go guessing "in the millions" I doubt very much that Tiger has "millions" to spend.

Companies house Worth having a look.[/QUOTE]
I would be surprised if Tiger hasn't put at least £2m+ into the club.
Losses were what £1m to £1.5m pa.
The cash for the service charge dispute has been paid (some of which was from DE watch) and players have been purchased/ the U23s have been expanded significantly and there have been costs relating to the training ground.
Plus any cash he paid upfront for the club.
An awful lot of cash has gone into the club.

I don't believe that Stewart ever put in a bid for OUFC. This seems to be a common misconception. Sartori was bidding, had that bid accepted and was in the process of due diligence when Eales pulled out of the deal, much to the surprise of everyone.

Back
Top Bottom