Chairman Tiger 'from the boardroom'

Sarge

God like member
Latest comments/ message/statement from Tiger ...OWS ...

I'm going to suggest that the Fleetwood game will be a turning point like after the Luton game last year. I reckon Matty Taylor will be fit for Saturday, and Ageyi and Thorne also ready for game time, Woodburn back, Baptiste getting fitter, we're virtually at full strength.

Me and Tiger making the exact same point only 12 hours apart!

My cover is gonna get blown at this rate!!! ?

To quote Talking Heads "You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything."!

While any communication is good, there's very little meat on those particular bones.

PS Not implying ST is a Psycho Killer!
... or the late James Brown ... talking loud, saying nothing :oops:

To quote Talking Heads "You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything."!

While any communication is good, there's very little meat on those particular bones.

PS Not implying ST is a Psycho Killer!
Psycho Killer is a top top track.

Me and Tiger making the exact same point only 12 hours apart!

My cover is gonna get blown at this rate!!! ?

Yeah, and both basically say nothing new!

The only prediction that’s guaranteed is you jumping on fans who dare say anything negative about your club!!

The questioned I’d ask is, why have we made similar mistakes as last season? e.g. not fully addressed striker situation, got players in who are not match fit/ready meaning we have to hopefully play catch up AGAIN.

Oh, and is this the Chairman’s vote of confidence communication?

Yeah, and both basically say nothing new!

The only prediction that’s guaranteed is you jumping on fans who dare say anything negative about your club!!

The questioned I’d ask is, why have we made similar mistakes as last season? e.g. not fully addressed striker situation, got players in who are not match fit/ready meaning we have to hopefully play catch up AGAIN.

Oh, and is this the Chairman’s vote of confidence communication?

You're becoming a little boring, but I'll indulge just once.

The striker situation was addressed with the deals for Matty Taylor and Dan Ageyi, and even Woodburn who plays off the striker. Unfortunately, Taylor got injured in his second game, Ageyi is building his fitness as expected, and Woodburn has missed the last 2 games. These things happen, but unfortunately they have happened at the beginning of the season giving an opportunity to throw out comparisons to last season.

As for players not match fit or ready, that only applies to Ageyi and Thorne, both of whom are pretty much good to go and will give us a virtually full strength side, expect for Napa.

Other differences have been that we have gone from a fairly solid defender in Sam Long to a mauradering wing back in Chris Cadden which has made us more vulnerable at the back, and Cameron Brannagan is pushing forward more which is leaving us more vulnerable through the middle. Of course, both Cadden and Brannagan have looked better players for this, but we haven't the set up to give them both a free role along with whoever's plays at no.10.

Both of us (myself and Tiger) have spoken about players coming back from injury and the need to dust ourselves down and go again. Is that not an accurate account of where we are?

As for playing catch up, of course we have no where near the points we would want, but we're 7 games in. Beat Tranmere and Bolton and things look a lot better. Go to Lincoln with a fully fit squad, a bit of confidence and eradicate the stupid mistakes, and who knows? Christ, we might even surprise West Ham!!!

So, things haven't been great, but football can change very quickly and there are reasons to be hopeful. That's why Tiger isn't giving the dreaded vote of confidence, and why I don't think it will be needed.

What absolute horseshit. Id suggest Tigers time would be better spent asking Robbo what they spend all week training on, rather than asking for more support from the fans.

Surprise the players with a big crowd - roll up, roll up! Full price tickets available!

Is there ever a bloody update from the bloke that doesn’t ultimately just ask for more money from the fans? We spend plenty of it, mate. The support is decent all things considered. Pack it in.

I'm gutted that we are 7 games in and needing to win the next two matches otherwise we will be looking poor. The two shocking results I think were Burton and Bristol , those losses have put us in a tricky position.
To start the season with only Mackie up front was poor.
Just make sure we win these next two and then we can start to feel confident again.

You're becoming a little boring, but I'll indulge just once.

The striker situation was addressed with the deals for Matty Taylor and Dan Ageyi, and even Woodburn who plays off the striker. Unfortunately, Taylor got injured in his second game, Ageyi is building his fitness as expected, and Woodburn has missed the last 2 games. These things happen, but unfortunately they have happened at the beginning of the season giving an opportunity to throw out comparisons to last season.

As for players not match fit or ready, that only applies to Ageyi and Thorne, both of whom are pretty much good to go and will give us a virtually full strength side, expect for Napa.

Other differences have been that we have gone from a fairly solid defender in Sam Long to a mauradering wing back in Chris Cadden which has made us more vulnerable at the back, and Cameron Brannagan is pushing forward more which is leaving us more vulnerable through the middle. Of course, both Cadden and Brannagan have looked better players for this, but we haven't the set up to give them both a free role along with whoever's plays at no.10.

Both of us (myself and Tiger) have spoken about players coming back from injury and the need to dust ourselves down and go again. Is that not an accurate account of where we are?

As for playing catch up, of course we have no where near the points we would want, but we're 7 games in. Beat Tranmere and Bolton and things look a lot better. Go to Lincoln with a fully fit squad, a bit of confidence and eradicate the stupid mistakes, and who knows? Christ, we might even surprise West Ham!!!

So, things haven't been great, but football can change very quickly and there are reasons to be hopeful. That's why Tiger isn't giving the dreaded vote of confidence, and why I don't think it will be needed.

I think you’ll find there’s a few more players other than Agyei and Thorne who are not match fit e.g. Hall, Baptiste, Fosu, Zamouri and you could add Taylor to that list to a certain extent. And to think we almost loaned out one of our fitter players!

You could also question whether we did address the striker situation. I mean, how many games have we played so far with Mackie being our only option?

And I think the issue re; Cadden doesn’t actually lie with him, but the players who have played in front of him. We need players with pace or should I say the nearest we’ve got to pace e.g. Fosu and Forde. We’ve got to play with both of these on the field at the same time as they act as outlets/threat. This stops the opposition from attacking for the fear pace might cause. We’re too narrow and slow. Once we have pace/outlets you will see Cadden becoming the bigger asset to the team than he already provides.

What’s your position if we lose against Tranmere Saturday? God forbid we do.

Last edited:
It's a tough time for the team and management for sure.

The lack of pace within the team does put extra emphasis on Cadden to be an outlet, that in turn, presents challenges for the defensive midfielders and the centre halves. I am really surprised with the amount of goals we are shipping.

We do have players who aren't fit - we're persevering with Rob Hall who IMO, looks out of his depth and has no pace left. I still haven't seen him run past a player.

Shandon - well he's been a revelation. For someone with such an injury to return to the team and actually be our quickest player and he looks strong too, is credit to him and the medical team/management inc KR. But we're talking of a lad who has come back and is one of our better players. That's a concern in itself.

Yes Matt Taylor injury was unfortunate but he had played in two defeats so this idea that once he's fit all will be well, is actually tosh. He's an excellent forward but other areas need addressing too before we turn this around with him leading the attack.

And..............yes, Tiger does need to be careful asking in every update for fans to turn up when we're on a pretty awful run of league results. But I guess that's what you have to expect from the Board.

i'll keep saying it, the target audience are not those already attending
Sadly, this is so true. Here I am sitting on the terrace of my holiday apartment in Crete (rented) reading, and responding to posts on the forum when the sun and sea beckons. That's because I, and Mrs Lounger, already belong to the converted. The targets will be those who would not be interested unless, we were winning, were entertaining, offered a day out worth paying good money for or all of the above.

That target audience probably won't even read the update. Come to that, some of them wouldn't even know where to look!

Sadly, this is so true. Here I am sitting on the terrace of my holiday apartment in Crete (rented) reading, and responding to posts on the forum when the sun and sea beckons. That's because I, and Mrs Lounger, already belong to the converted. The targets will be those who would not be interested unless, we were winning, were entertaining, offered a day out worth paying good money for or all of the above.

That target audience probably won't even read the update. Come to that, some of them wouldn't even know where to look!
Good point (the preaching to the converted, not the beckoning Greek ocean).

I suppose it depends on how many people read the website as opposed to how many turn up, and whether this same 'update' will be sent out via email to (what one would hope would be) a much larger mailing list. Potentially it could get a few of the lapsed to attend I suppose, although (personally) I don't think the content would really enthuse anyone too much.

Back
Top Bottom