Chairman Tiger 'from the boardroom'

Does everyone believe that Tiger actually writes these ‘updates’ then? I assumed that they’re just statements released by the club to drum up support for matches, nothing more nothing less. Saying they’re an update from the board attracts more people to read them as they think there’ll be substantial news from behind the scenes. Nothing wrong with the strategy as long as people see it for what it is.

I suppose it depends on how many people read the website as opposed to how many turn up, and whether this same 'update' will be sent out via email to (what one would hope would be) a much larger mailing list. Potentially it could get a few of the lapsed to attend I suppose, although (personally) I don't think the content would really enthuse anyone too much.
The last part of this is so true, 'sorry we aren't playing well and keep losing games but keep coming to support us' hardly inspiring people to pay money to come and watch!

Does everyone believe that Tiger actually writes these ‘updates’ then? I assumed that they’re just statements released by the club to drum up support for matches, nothing more nothing less. Saying they’re an update from the board attracts more people to read them as they think there’ll be substantial news from behind the scenes. Nothing wrong with the strategy as long as people see it for what it is.
Well no - CW obviously writes them, but ST would (presumably) approve them before release as they are under his name. But since they are supposedly an 'update from the board' then I don't think they can be surprised if those attracted to read them are a little let down by the content if that's just 'we aren't doing very well, so get a mate to come along with you' drumming up support type press releases!

you mean that Robbo might not write his manager notes either ?

Back
Top Bottom