Tiger and 'comparisons'?

Can I seek some clarification.
1. Myles, where do I need to look to find the smoking gun about tiger?
2. Hawk, what are the names of the books that you wrote and were willing to volunteer?

FWIW Tiger must have passed the league fit and proper test and far as I am aware having looked on the internet myself have not found info about tiger that makes him look any worse than Satori.

If that were to happen Mr Egg then god help us! People might be wary of Tiger and rightly so since we still don’t know all his plans but I’d be very worried about a group who previously failed to get the club took it over.

I think the next election for chairmanship of OxVox will be massive to the trust’s future because if certain individuals get elected I can see it becoming very messy between the club and trust to the point where by the club refuse to listen to OxVox and even have a say on club matters.

Once Jem steps down maybe people will realise how well ran it has been under his guideance.

Let it go.

Can I seek some clarification.
1. Myles, where do I need to look to find the smoking gun about tiger?
2. Hawk, what are the names of the books that you wrote and were willing to volunteer?

FWIW Tiger must have passed the league fit and proper test and far as I am aware having looked on the internet myself have not found info about tiger that makes him look any worse than Satori.
Sporting Chance (available for 1p plus postage on Amazon!)
Bookie, Gambler, Fixer, Spy (currently a whopping £1.69 plus postage)
The lost boys (a far more reasonable 56p plus postage)

Maybe if we all buy a copy, Mr Hawk will be in a position to challenge Tiger for the club?!

I would guess that it could help build negativity towards Tiger and co. and help show overs in a more positive light. It's easy to stoke up fear, and prey on those who dwell in negativity. A few orchestrated fans demos etc and Tiger may just disappear leaving the path clear for others to take control of the club!

Far fetched? Nothing would surprise me anymore!!!
If tiger was forced away from the club, I would then have serious fears for our future, you would then wonder who he might sell it too, forget the option of any known interests they would sell to anyone that they could get their money back from.
That is a worse case situation and I hope tiger follows through and takes the club forward

Let it go.

Ah I see it’s now your turn Sean.

Let what go? The serious doubts I have about the future of our supporters trust once Jem goes? I’m not sure that it is unreasanable to have worries of who will run the trust just like it is ok to worry about the future of an unknown owner running the football club.

Assuming it’s the same person his books are referred to here; https://www.bloomsbury.com/author/ed-hawkins

Decent palmarès as they say in the cycling world.

I picked up The Soccer Tribe by Desmond Morris for £5 off Amazon a while ago, the price doesn’t make it any lesser.

I don't doubt the credentials of Ed, but I'm really confused why he feels that this forum is the place to raise his concerns when he has access to far more powerful media sources. An award winning investigative journalist doesn't just pose questions but will dig for the answers and present them in a way to maximise the impact. We are seeing little titbits being dropped on to this forum without anything to pull them together in a way in which the majority can understand. Now Ed may be playing the bigger picture and building evidence towards one big revelation. And he is more than able to do so if he chooses. He owes me, or anyone else on here nothing. But if he truly feels that the future of our club is at risk then he must seriously if now is the time to get all this information out in the open once and for all, Maybe the OxVox meeting on Friday will provide this opportunity. That s for Ed to decide.

PS The Soccer Tribe is a good book, although it was some time ago that I last read it. It preceeded my watching of football having not started going into 1983, but captures many of the things that I loved about football at the time before it became all corporate and s**t!!

As an exiled fan who only knows the likes of jem etc though their names on here and social media. Can someone please try and summarise this thread?

Ah I see it’s now your turn Sean.

Let what go? The serious doubts I have about the future of our supporters trust once Jem goes? I’m not sure that it is unreasanable to have worries of who will run the trust just like it is ok to worry about the future of an unknown owner running the football club.

My turn for what?

I’m just saying let it go with the jibes referring to the other group, whoever that group is meant to be.

The World won’t end when Jem stands down, and I’m sure Colin et al and whoever replaces Jem and Simon will still do a great job.

And by the way, this is my personal opinion and not some fantasy group that you may think I belong to.

Last edited:
As an exiled fan who only knows the likes of jem etc though their names on here and social media. Can someone please try and summarise this thread?
Since the announcement of the takeover (and for sometime before) there have been questions over the role OxVox had in all of this. This has been little things like OxVox and DE being too cosy, to more serious allegations of a dereliction of duty or that some OxVox members would somehow gain from the takeover. What and how this would arise has not been mentioned.

There have been a number of questioned asked of OxVox (and Jem in particular) from Myles (ex OxVox committee member) and The Hawk (Investigative Journalist) although many others have also asked questions or requested additional information. In addition to questioning OxVox questions have been asked about Tiger, what his plans are, where is the money coming from and is anyone else involved. These are issues that are held by many but again have predominantly been expressed most strongly by Myles, The Hawk and Charlie (part of the Lenegan regime and behind previous bid to buy the club).

OxVox released a statement saying about a meeting that took place in November between them, DE and Tiger (and Tigers mate Jack). Takeover talk was at the early stage then and OxVox agreed to respect a request to allow this to run its course before being made public. As a consequence, some including the three previously mentioned) have questioned the independence of OxVox. Some of this has been put across out of frustration at not knowing what is going on, but some has been very personal and directed mainly at Jem and some of the other committee members.

Jem started this thread after getting tired of having all the talk being one sided. He spoke about the discussions that took place, and that more have happened since then. He explains that more information will come out to answer many of the questions being raised and that OxVox has nothing to hide from its committee members. He has then responded to concerns about the Tiger ownership to say that there are concerns with any organisation and that those in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones etc. The implication is that Myles was less than honest with information disclosure whilst on the OxVox committee and that Charlie has some business dealings that could be seen as unsavoury.

More counter allegations of OxVox failing it's members of being too close to Tiger/DE etc followed with Colin then snapping and making more explicit claims directed at Myles. This was then deleted so I won't go into details. The rest of the thread has pretty much been about allegations being directed at Tiger, Jack, DE and OxVox but not to any degree where the average poster really knows what is going on. This has caused a lot of frustration with many members (myslef included) and effectively said "put up or shut up" with all of these allegations.

The result is basically 150 posts where we have still learnt very little. No one really knows how much money is being put into the club, and by whom? What our short, medium and long term goals are, who will be our manager and what the backroom structure will be. We are led to believe that there is something fishy going on, but I honestly couldn't say what. It may be money laundering, it may be asset stripping, it may be some vanity project that is doomed to fail. No one knows, but many are guessing.

Hopefully, this week will put to bed most of the rubbish on here with a manager brought in, a clear business plan provided and an OxVox meeting on Friday. We will then be able to go onto far more constructive threads such as "Nick Cusack or Matt Murphy? Who was better?"

Hope this in some way helps, but even I'm not sure if this is right or not!!

Some good news.

With Clotet securing a new role at Birmingham ,United will saving on Clotet’s salary.
We would have continued to pay him following the termination of his contract in January.

Clubs don’t pay out a lump sum these days following dismissal for the remainder of the contract
because employees can get ‘ fixed up ‘ with another club.

Maybe we can afford a really good manager now.

Some good news.

With Clotet securing a new role at Birmingham ,United will saving on Clotet’s salary.
We would have continued to pay him following the termination of his contract in January.

Clubs don’t pay out a lump sum these days following dismissal for the remainder of the contract
because employees can get ‘ fixed up ‘ with another club.

Maybe we can afford a really good manager now.
Good news, does that mean the managerial process start in earnest now..

I don't doubt the credentials of Ed, but I'm really confused why he feels that this forum is the place to raise his concerns when he has access to far more powerful media sources. An award winning investigative journalist doesn't just pose questions but will dig for the answers and present them in a way to maximise the impact. We are seeing little titbits being dropped on to this forum without anything to pull them together in a way in which the majority can understand. Now Ed may be playing the bigger picture and building evidence towards one big revelation. And he is more than able to do so if he chooses. He owes me, or anyone else on here nothing. But if he truly feels that the future of our club is at risk then he must seriously if now is the time to get all this information out in the open once and for all, Maybe the OxVox meeting on Friday will provide this opportunity. That s for Ed to decide.

PS The Soccer Tribe is a good book, although it was some time ago that I last read it. It preceeded my watching of football having not started going into 1983, but captures many of the things that I loved about football at the time before it became all corporate and s**t!!

As an aside, for a football book I recommend 'Ajax, The Dutch, The War' by Simon Kuper. A very good read.

Sporting Chance (available for 1p plus postage on Amazon!)
Bookie, Gambler, Fixer, Spy (currently a whopping £1.69 plus postage)
The lost boys (a far more reasonable 56p plus postage)

Maybe if we all buy a copy, Mr Hawk will be in a position to challenge Tiger for the club?!

Are you sure? :)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sporting-C...id=1520249328&sr=8-9&keywords=Sporting+Chance

I think it was probably Sporting Chancer
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sporting-C...sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=Sporting+Chance+hawkins

I know which I would prefer

Hang on! Are you telling me that the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' group you enrolled me into isn't real? Disappointed, very disappointed.

Sorry Pete, we only had 999 members and we needed 1000 minimum to continue!

Back
Top Bottom