Tiger- an argument between two blokes called myles and dave (formerly pros and cons)

Why the ground again, no matter how many times this gets mentioned as the golden grail, reality is that its not cost effective to buy and own the ground, its well documented on here by people who should know better about the financial hindrance owning the club would bring.
But and it's a big but, would we as a club own the ground if Tiger purchased it then we would be in the sphere open to asset
strip, I wait to see their business plan or their future plans to take this club forward.

Maybe because we always used to have our own ground AKA ‘The Manor Ground’ and now we own*uck all...... That grates me together with the majority of Oxford supporters.

Maybe because we always used to have our own ground AKA ‘The Manor Ground’ and now we own*uck all...... That grates me together with the majority of Oxford supporters.
I think you will find the bank owned the Manor.

Really, then how come Kassam got it all for next to nothing???

Really, then how come Kassam got it all for next to nothing???

Iirc (my memories may be utterly wrong), he paid something like £6m to the club for it to pay off debts (like the Bank) without planning permission. He then got planning permission on it and sold it for around double (again iirc). So it wasn't for next to nothing but unsurprisingly Kassam enriched himself at the club's expense.

Iirc (my memories may be utterly wrong), he paid something like £6m to the club for it to pay off debts (like the Bank) without planning permission. He then got planning permission on it and sold it for around double (again iirc). So it wasn't for next to nothing but unsurprisingly Kassam enriched himself at the club's expense.
£6m paid for the Manor....sold for £13m if memory serves

And how much did he pay to get the stadium shell up and running? Was it £6 or £8m post CVA ??

Last edited:
And how much did he pay to get the stadium shell up and running? Was it £8m ??
wasn't that in two stages? due to 'issues' with the first constructors and the stadium Owner, which led to work ceasing, then restarted sometime later with different constructors?

And how much did he pay to get the stadium shell up and running? Was it £6 or £8m post CVA ??

Plenty whatever it was, but he still owns that stadium gaining nicely with income from us and others whilst spending the minimum on it then and since in maintaining it.

If this is turning into another Ka$$am stadium debate then I’ll tell you the way to force Ka$$am to sell. These’s one thing and one thing only that drives him and that’s money.
We want him to sell the stadium? then it has to become in HIS best interests financially.
That’s either going to be from him being able to use the stadium as a bargain tool to make even more money. Like developments he can get approved etc.
The other thing will be if it becomes non viable from a maintenance perspective.

We all know he brought the club for what he could get out of it and in a similar way to the way Tiger and his gang left Reading.

I think we have to give Tiger a fair chance and as long as DE is still around I feel a little more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom