Tickets Tickets for Cambridge Utd away

I *do* agree with you on this.

But the club have to some degree caused it all. The summer has TBH been a bit of a catalogue of missteps by the club so far as PR is concerned. From the very clumsily handled season ticket renewals, the usual 'we'll get them in early' nonsense followed by few signings, the late announcement of the home kit, lack of many preseason games that we could actually go to (and I don't think tonight's is even being streamed, even just audio would be something. Oxford City can manage it but apparently not us), not actually bothering to even reply to polite emails (or even acknowledge that they have been received), KRs annual rant about being backed, the lack of certainty/transparency over the takeover, few appearances from the current chairman etc. It's all been a bit 'meh' and has made many of us feel much less like 'valued supporters' and more like 'customers'.

So when other stuff like late ticketing announcements and away kit reveals happen (or don't), on their own they are maybe either not important or not even the club's fault - but it adds to the impression of the club being rather rudderless and disorganised at the moment. We certainly don't *seem* to be crouching in the blocks ready to make a fast start in 10 days time.
That's fair. While a lot of those things could probably be rationally explained, or are subjective (e.g. while I personally wasn't really bothered about the season tickets, I can appreciate why other would be), on a broader and cumulative level, I think I do probably share the general sense of lack of focus.

I think it basically all comes back to the takeover. It seems to me like there was a momentum and excitement building up to that week in June when we thought it was being announced, and that the lack of any kind of indication as to what is happening since has left a general sense around the club of being blue-balled after months of edging. It's frustrating. For instance, I throught the early MacGuane signing and the really professional Season Ticket video were impressive signs that we were going to really kick on this summer, they were indicative of direction and purpose. Everything since has seemed a bit, as you say, meh.

That said, I still think the reaction to the (lack of) Cambridge tickets in particular is getting a bit OTT.

Led to believe that each club has to have a meeting with the local authority and regional public health to discuss plans and to see if they are happy with what the clubs want to do .

Sounds like public health have the final say ad clubs will be finding their regional public health very difficult at the moment.

The EFL guidelines - only came out last Wednesday..

Expect an announcement tomorrow or Friday.

Led to believe that each club has to have a meeting with the local authority and regional public health to discuss plans and to see if they are happy with what the clubs want to do .

Sounds like public health have the final say ad clubs will be finding their regional public health very difficult at the moment.

The EFL guidelines - only came out last Wednesday..

Expect an announcement tomorrow or Friday.

If that is the case then why not bloody well tell us ffs. They will be the local measures the EFL referred to in the reply to the email I sent them. Pretty simple to put that on the website. I'm way more interested in that than knowing that Polythene UK are the new sponsors of the Oxford United Academy. (Thanks anyway Polythene UK - new brand awareness for me so job done).

And as Cambridge allowed QPR fans in last night what's the big deal now.

Cambridge 1 QPR 2

Just because fans of other clubs are also waiting for news about away travel a week Saturday doesn't make it right. Just shows how fans are often taken for granted despite all the talk.

Anyway I'm expecting something to come out later today and all may then feel better with the world. We've waited long enough since Shrewsbury so I suppose we can wait just a little longer.

If that is the case then why not bloody well tell us ffs. They will be the local measures the EFL referred to in the reply to the email I sent them. Pretty simple to put that on the website. I'm way more interested in that than knowing that Polythene UK are the new sponsors of the Oxford United Academy. (Thanks anyway Polythene UK - new brand awareness for me so job done).

And as Cambridge allowed QPR fans in last night what's the big deal now.

Cambridge 1 QPR 2

Just because fans of other clubs are also waiting for news about away travel a week Saturday doesn't make it right. Just shows how fans are often taken for granted despite all the talk.

Anyway I'm expecting something to come out later today and all may then feel better with the world. We've waited long enough since Shrewsbury so I suppose we can wait just a little longer.
It will be today. Sometime after the Peterborough friendly has finished, I would imagine.

Makes 0 sense if we aren’t given the whole stand. 1600 tickets. What’s the difference between us and qpr last night?

I *do* agree with you on this.

But the club have to some degree caused it all. The summer has TBH been a bit of a catalogue of missteps by the club so far as PR is concerned. From the very clumsily handled season ticket renewals, the usual 'we'll get them in early' nonsense followed by few signings, the late announcement of the home kit, lack of many preseason games that we could actually go to (and I don't think tonight's is even being streamed, even just audio would be something. Oxford City can manage it but apparently not us), not actually bothering to even reply to polite emails (or even acknowledge that they have been received), KRs annual rant about being backed, the lack of certainty/transparency over the takeover, few appearances from the current chairman etc. It's all been a bit 'meh' and has made many of us feel much less like 'valued supporters' and more like 'customers'.

So when other stuff like late ticketing announcements and away kit reveals happen (or don't), on their own they are maybe either not important or not even the club's fault - but it adds to the impression of the club being rather rudderless and disorganised at the moment. We certainly don't *seem* to be crouching in the blocks ready to make a fast start in 10 days time.

Bang on that is.
The Club seems to have been reliant on blind loyalty with no consideration that the world has changed a lot.
That "leisure money" can be spent on other things and in different ways.
It is sad that a lot of people have become disengaged from their Club with little/no effort from the Club to find out why.

£22 - no mention of how many but just says seats so assuming just behind the goal.

Any ST holders not going fancy getting me a ticket!

Back
Top Bottom