Matches Ticket refunds

Manorlounger

Email from the club to inform of process for refunding tickets purchased for matches postponed. Good news is that away ticket revenue can be left with OUFC for their benefit. Two Wycombe away tickets to benefit the club then from the Loungers!

Oxford United Football Club would like to place on record its thanks for your patience with regards to refunds for Match Tickets purchased for the curtailed 2019/20 season.

You have received this email because you purchased a ticket for at least one of the home fixtures with MK Dons or Portsmouth, or at least one of the away fixtures with Wycombe Wanderers or Rochdale.

The three options available to you and the actions you need to take are outlined in this email below. We would ask supporters to very carefully read the instructions and act accordingly.

Please note, if you choose to waiver your refund to help support the club, ALL revenue, including that from away ticket purchases will remain with Oxford United.

and another 4 that the U's keep the 'away' to WW ticket £ from here too :)

Yep, a Wycombe ticket here that I won't claim on as our club gets the money.

I hope no one judges those who do ask for refunds. The last few months have been incredibly hard for many, and getting this money back may make a huge difference. I'm lucky enough to have stayed in work and also picked up extra overtime, so I'm in a position to allow the club to keep this. But others may not be so lucky.

I wonder if anyone is considering donating their Wycombe refund back to Wycombe.
As that's the club that missed out on the revenue for that match.
(perhaps wait until after Monday before replying).

I wonder if anyone is considering donating their Wycombe refund back to Wycombe.
As that's the club that missed out on the revenue for that match.
(perhaps wait until after Monday before replying).
You’d have to be a saint!

I hope no one judges those who do ask for refunds. The last few months have been incredibly hard for many, and getting this money back may make a huge difference. I'm lucky enough to have stayed in work and also picked up extra overtime, so I'm in a position to allow the club to keep this. But others may not be so lucky.
Oh I agree, if you need a refund for gawd's sake claim the refund. A few quid will probably make more difference to you than the club.

I would hope people aren't judged, everybody's circumstances are different.

So as an international exile, I have an iFollow subscription for the season.

Just got an email from them, saying that they were automatically refunding a proportion of the subscription fee.

Didn't ask for it, and probably would have declined (because I think the bulk of the iFollow fee goes to the club?) but wasn't given the option, and it's already back in my bank!

They also said that they would soon be in touch about renewals......be interesting to see how they price it next season, when online subscriptions rather than ticket sales are going to be the main money maker (other than TV money, if we win today).

Not really related, but read this morning on The Athletic that the EPL next season is going back to a "normal" schedule of tv rights. So not like now when 100% of matches are televised. So if fans are still not allowed, then for most games it will be BBC highlights only.

Back
Top Bottom