Tickets Ticket prices

We've no-one but ourselves to blame if the atmosphere is shite.

Disagree, the stadium acoustics are so bad that even if Leeds bought 50k away fans I could still hear my fart over them. 😜

The East Stand pricing is:
Adult £20 or £18 with membership
Over 65 £14 (£13 with membership)
Student/Young person £13 (£12)

So adult (with membership), Over 65 & student is cheaper in the East Stand than the "Town End". So credit to Oxford where it is due!
I guess U11s are £1 in our family stand. If you want an atmosphere in the East Stand you don't want it full of 5 year olds at £1.

Its the kids you need to get "hooked" early on so we need to improve the under 18/under 11 offer in my humble.
Most of us old folk got the bug by getting onto the LRT and experiencing the atmosphere, not by being stuck in a family stand with parents.
Mind you that was in the days of terracing and where people could group with their friends, family etc without "memberships" and allocated seats. ;)

Its the kids you need to get "hooked" early on so we need to improve the under 18/under 11 offer in my humble.
Most of us old folk got the bug by getting onto the LRT and experiencing the atmosphere, not by being stuck in a family stand with parents.
Mind you that was in the days of terracing and where people could group with their friends, family etc without "memberships" and allocated seats. ;)

Family stand is the last 2 blocks in the North stand so has a rubbish view unless your up high. Move over to the middle of the North stand and the price goes up and no under 6s free. We should be encouraging family's to come not putting them off. U11 should be £1, u18 should be £6 and should be anywhere bar the SSU. The argument is you wouldn't want a load of kids in the east stand is a joke, the kids might actually make more noise then the east stand currently does. 😜

Disagree, the stadium acoustics are so bad that even if Leeds bought 50k away fans I could still hear my fart over them. 😜

The acoustics aren't great by any means, but they don't really have that much to do with the atmosphere if we're honest.

The acoustics aren't great by any means, but they don't really have that much to do with the atmosphere if we're honest.

That great gaping hole at one end says otherwise. Put it this way if you put a few speakers in the middle of the pitch in our stadium against a stadium like Rotherhams who would get the higher decibal reading in all 4 sides? Of course it will be the stadium that is compact, continuous all the way round that will get the higher reading. There is a reason why our away support sounds louder then our home support and the stadium (if you can call it that) is the reason. Get the new ground built and let's see.

That great gaping hole at one end says otherwise. Put it this way if you put a few speakers in the middle of the pitch in our stadium against a stadium like Rotherhams who would get the higher decibal reading in all 4 sides? Of course it will be the stadium that is compact, continuous all the way round that will get the higher reading. There is a reason why our away support sounds louder then our home support and the stadium (if you can call it that) is the reason. Get the new ground built and let's see.
with low roofed stands ( not the pointless upwardly sloping ones like those at the breeze block) please!

What you say is not wrong, and I'm as keen for a new ground as anyone.

But atmosphere is more than simply noise. There's been numerous times when the atmosphere at Grenoble Road has been excellent.

I don't doubt for a second that a new stadium would naturally improve the atmosphere, and I look forward to finding out for certain.

But I think it's a huge cop-out to blame the lack of atmosphere on anything but ourselves. For the avoidance of doubt I include myself in that.

The limitations of the stadium are well documented and nothing will change the facts that we play in a cold, soulless, 3 sided stadium. Nothing will compare to those nights under the lights at the Manor when we could take on the world.

But whilst few and far between, the Kassam has had its fair share of magical moments. The Swindon game with Beano being sent off? Some of the early Friday night games in the conference? Swansea, Newcastle and the Wycombe promotion game under Appleton? Matty Taylor scoring against Man City? Holland and the last minute volley against Newcastle? All of which were incredible moments that brought everyone together and will live long in our memories.

As @m says, we are responsible for the atmosphere and it might not be brilliant every game but its not so bad that I'd avoid the place.

The atmosphere could be better, so could the tannoy system in the premium area, can’t understand a thing Nathan or Rosie say.

The limitations of the stadium are well documented and nothing will change the facts that we play in a cold, soulless, 3 sided stadium. Nothing will compare to those nights under the lights at the Manor when we could take on the world.

But whilst few and far between, the Kassam has had its fair share of magical moments. The Swindon game with Beano being sent off? Some of the early Friday night games in the conference? Swansea, Newcastle and the Wycombe promotion game under Appleton? Matty Taylor scoring against Man City? Holland and the last minute volley against Newcastle? All of which were incredible moments that brought everyone together and will live long in our memories.

As @m says, we are responsible for the atmosphere and it might not be brilliant every game but its not so bad that I'd avoid the place.
I pray we are out of there in 2026. Do you agree?

Of course I agree. But we've got an important 4 years or so before then and can't simply write them off because the stadium is crap. We've got plenty of big games this season to get the atmosphere going and drive the team on.
Basically you either enjoy it or you don’t, I do but I’m not sure I’d travel hundreds of miles to every home game for it.

Basically you either enjoy it or you don’t, I do but I’m not sure I’d travel hundreds of miles to every home game for it.

The problem is there is a lot of biased views from die hard oxford fans on here who would watch us play in a stadium in chenobyl if it was the only way. The 5k core support will always be there but building the fanbase means encouraging the occasional supporter to come more often which we will struggle to do in the current stadium and location.

Maslow says that kid for a quid isn’t as economic as inviting a class of school football players.

Maslow says that kid for a quid isn’t as economic as inviting a class of school football players.

Bringing a family unit to the ground has a better long-term potential return than inviting a bunch of school football players who probably support some PL team from their sofa. :)

Its all about the belonging aspect of Maslow....

To be fair we have capacity for both family units and school/club teams, invite them all.

Back
Top Bottom