Tickets Ticket prices

We're not going backwards. We will match the level we saw in 2016/17 which came off the back of our promotion season. This is despite the fact that we're going through unprecedented times with covid where we have sadly lost some of our fans and others remain more vulnerable to attending, and more still will be feeling the financial pinch of lockdowns.

As for Swindon, I couldn't give two shits how many attend. It's not a competing market and then can sell out every game for all I care.
whether you give a hoot or not it is immaterial. Are you not concerned that a similar sized club, from a similar sized catchment area, with an appalling recent track record and facing the same issues regarding COVID is out performing us by 20-30%? Forget it’s them, it could be anyone. Something is wrong with our ability to motivate our fans to actually attend.

I don’t buy the Kassam issue. People don’t have a problem with the ground when it suits them (a big game), so why aren’t they coming when the football is consistently of a very high standard and we’re delivering consistently when playing at home.

Maybe I expect too much. Quite possibly.

The numbers aren’t the problem is the f-cking atmosphere in the ground or lack of which has been the biggest issue this season, we are in desperate need of the ultras back it’s so flat to many times, I really thought there would of been a buzz to have fans back this season at home games but sadly not
I think the Ultras guys on here said on here a comeback is unlikely, giving them hassle is one of the biggest own-goals the club has scored in recent memory.

• React
Reactions: MJB
whether you give a hoot or not it is immaterial. Are you not concerned that a similar sized club, from a similar sized catchment area, with an appalling recent track record and facing the same issues regarding COVID is out performing us by 20-30%? Forget it’s them, it could be anyone. Something is wrong with our ability to motivate our fans to actually attend.

I don’t buy the Kassam issue. People don’t have a problem with the ground when it suits them (a big game), so why aren’t they coming when the football is consistently of a very high standard and we’re delivering consistently when playing at home.

Swindon prices are less especially for the kids. It's like £6 for an under 18 anywhere in their ground. Their ground being centre of town and the fact they own it and can maximise the match day experience is a big draw.

Ours on the other hand is a pain in the a**e to get to unless you live in bbl or Littlemore, too far from the train station and the atmosphere is shite.

Let's see how many we can get in a nice stadium in a better location before we start saying our support is declining. By the way I have another boy due in May so that's one more yellow to add to the fan club and hopefully by the time he is ready to go to games we won't be playing in the artic triangle.

By the way I have another boy due in May so that's one more yellow to add to the fan club and hopefully by the time he is ready to go to games we won't be playing in the artic triangle.

You couldn’t have another 5,000 or so further kids, could you?

It's always been the stadium for me. Sure, I come for a big game but most of that time I'm sitting thinking "imagine how much better this would be in a proper stadium".

I've not travelled too much over my lifetime as a supporter. I've done 25 stadiums in the Football League. Shrewsbury, Wigan and Oxford are my bottom 3. Thinking objectively, we're probably bottom. I live up north and I don't travel down for normal home games (I certainly would and should) because the stadium is massively inconvenient to get to and devoid of anything resembling character. It's a dead ground in a dead area, embarrassing place to call home.

It's always been the stadium for me. Sure, I come for a big game but most of that time I'm sitting thinking "imagine how much better this would be in a proper stadium".

I've not travelled too much over my lifetime as a supporter. I've done 25 stadiums in the Football League. Shrewsbury, Wigan and Oxford are my bottom 3. Thinking objectively, we're probably bottom. I live up north and I don't travel down for normal home games (I certainly would and should) because the stadium is massively inconvenient to get to and devoid of anything resembling character. It's a dead ground in a dead area, embarrassing place to call home.
I've done 43/92. Been to the KassStad loads of times obviously but haven't bothered with it again since the Wycombe home game because I couldn't believe how much the soul had been sucked out of the place since Ultrasgate/Covid, not that there was much soul to begin with. It's awful to get to when you don't drive or live locally. A massive shame - hope the new money can get us the hell out of the sewege farm.

You can apportion blame to the moron "safety officer" who harrassed the ultras leading them to give up though...

Yeah, hugely embarrassing and self-defeating episode.

The people who attend, and those who don't, need to take responsibility for what's happening now though.

For those exalting our neighbours they are struggling to sell out against Man City which may have something to do with the ticket prices, £30 in the ends & £35 minimum in the sides, their sales pitch is that it will "boost" the club funds. :rolleyes:

The Town End league pricing is something we should be aiming for in the East Stand at least....... credit to them where it is due.
Adult - £19.00
Over 65 / Student - £15.00
Under 21 - £10.00
Under 18 - £6.00
Under 11s - £1.00

The leisure pound and how we spend it has changed a lot over the last 2 years and clubs need to get wise to that.

I was surprised to see us firmly mid table in the Div 1 attendance league table.

The club to their credit have tried a few different initiatives, but need to keep working on this.

As someone who hasn’t lived in Oxford for over 25 years, the general cost / time taken to get to the ground has always been something I’ve had to take into account. It’s hard for the club to do much about this, and I wonder if other clubs have a higher or lower percentage of fans who have moved away from the locality. Only a couple of my regular football going mates still live in Oxford.

On a side note I wonder if non league attendances are on the up? It’s £10 pay on the day for my local non league team, £120 for a season ticket (step 4) If for work or family reasons I haven’t got the time to get to Ox then I’ll go and watch them and I really enjoy it. I think the standard of non league football has really increased over the years.

For those exalting our neighbours they are struggling to sell out against Man City which may have something to do with the ticket prices, £30 in the ends & £35 minimum in the sides, their sales pitch is that it will "boost" the club funds. :rolleyes:

The Town End league pricing is something we should be aiming for in the East Stand at least....... credit to them where it is due.
Adult - £19.00
Under 21 - £10.00
Under 18 - £6.00
Under 11s - £1.00

The leisure pound and how we spend it has changed a lot over the last 2 years and clubs need to get wise to that.

Credit where it’s due, I think cheaper tickets for younger people (would make it under 24 myself) is a good idea, add that to having a stand with a sit where you want policy and getting the stewards to relax and the games might become more attractive to groups of young lads, we seem to have nearly lost that demographic now which explains the drop in atmosphere.

I was surprised to see us firmly mid table in the Div 1 attendance league table.

The club to their credit have tried a few different initiatives, but need to keep working on this.

As someone who hasn’t lived in Oxford for over 25 years, the general cost / time taken to get to the ground has always been something I’ve had to take into account. It’s hard for the club to do much about this, and I wonder if other clubs have a higher or lower percentage of fans who have moved away from the locality. Only a couple of my regular football going mates still live in Oxford.

On a side note I wonder if non league attendances are on the up? It’s £10 pay on the day for my local non league team, £120 for a season ticket (step 4) If for work or family reasons I haven’t got the time to get to Ox then I’ll go and watch them and I really enjoy it. I think the standard of non league football has really increased over the years.

Is it really that difficult to get to? I just pop on the bus. Compared to the trek to get to Hillsborough it’s nothing. And they seem to do OK.

Also shows what a tough league it is now, 6 clubs get over 15k and we’re at half that and a quarter of Sunderland. Makes our last 3 years performance even more credible.

Adult - £19.00
Under 21 - £10.00
Under 18 - £6.00
Under 11s - £1.00

The East Stand pricing is:
Adult £20 or £18 with membership
Over 65 £14 (£13 with membership)
Student/Young person £13 (£12)

So adult (with membership), Over 65 & student is cheaper in the East Stand than the "Town End". So credit to Oxford where it is due!
I guess U11s are £1 in our family stand. If you want an atmosphere in the East Stand you don't want it full of 5 year olds at £1.

There seem to be a lot of exiles on here, unsurprisingly. The club needs to focus on getting more local people to attend- people who come from a distance are a bonus.

The East Stand pricing is:
Adult £20 or £18 with membership
Over 65 £14 (£13 with membership)
Student/Young person £13 (£12)

So adult (with membership), Over 65 & student is cheaper in the East Stand than the "Town End". So credit to Oxford where it is due!
I guess U11s are £1 in our family stand. If you want an atmosphere in the East Stand you don't want it full of 5 year olds at £1.
No one is exalting them. The simple fact is that their crowds are better than ours this season, despite the chasm that exists in standard. I’m just interested in understanding why people aren’t engaged enough to attend to watch a great product.

So far, it’s too far, too smelly, too few banners and flags, nasty officials/stewards and just too much hassle seem to be the barriers. Given the size of those obstacles, I’m amazed anyone goes at all.

No one is exalting them. The simple fact is that their crowds are better than ours this season, despite the chasm that exists in standard. I’m just interested in understanding why people aren’t engaged enough to attend to watch a great product.

So far, it’s too far, too smelly, too few banners and flags, nasty officials/stewards and just too much hassle seem to be the barriers. Given the size of those obstacles, I’m amazed anyone goes at all.
Good football.

Back
Top Bottom