Tickets Ticket prices

NottsYellow

Yesterday was another £26 for a ticket at an away match (Sunderland matchday ticket prices for home fans are £26 behind the goal and £32 along the side)
We have recently paid £27 at Ipswich, £26 at Cheltenham, £26 at Sheffield Wednesday.
The away fans at our place seem to get a good deal at Kassam at only £24, an excellent view and free car parking. Is the club missing a trick here, could we increase the North Stand price to £26 and then give £4 discount to OUFC members, so net price for home fans with membership is £22. The family prices could remain the same as they are not caught in the bit of legislation that says you can only charge away fans the same as home fans. ST prices could still be based on £24.
If average away following is 1,200 for 23 games, the extra £2 a ticket equates to £55,200.
To put a bit of balance on away pricing, Donny on Tuesday is only (??!) £21.

If average away following is 1,200 for 23 games, the extra £2 a ticket equates to £55,200.
Well half of the home league games have already been played this season and the average away attendance is only 672, so unless every remaining game sees a sold out away end you’ll be nowhere near. You’re also assuming that 100% of away fans will swallow the price hike and that not even 1% will can the idea of attending because they now deem it a mickey take. Which would happen to some extent.

There are other ways to increase revenue without constantly smashing the face value of a ticket into outer space.

Well half of the home league games have already been played this season and the average away attendance is only 672, so unless every remaining game sees a sold out away end you’ll be nowhere near. You’re also assuming that 100% of away fans will swallow the price hike and that not even 1% will can the idea of attending because they now deem it a mickey take. Which would happen to some extent.

There are other ways to increase revenue without constantly smashing the face value of a ticket into outer space.

We should have 3 away section sell outs with Sunderland, Ipswich and Sheff Wed all at home on a Saturday. Pompey I'd likewise hope for a sell out. Bolton and Wigan should bring decent numbers if the claims of some of their fans are to be believed about how they are travelling in really good numbers. Dongs I guess will depend on how they are doing. The others like Cheltenham, Cambridge, Donny and Wimbledon don't know. Burton I expect the usual low turnout

We should have 3 away section sell outs with Sunderland, Ipswich and Sheff Wed all at home on a Saturday. Pompey I'd likewise hope for a sell out. Bolton and Wigan should bring decent numbers if the claims of some of their fans are to be believed about how they are travelling in really good numbers. Dongs I guess will depend on how they are doing. The others like Cheltenham, Cambridge, Donny and Wimbledon don't know. Burton I expect the usual low turnout
We won’t sell any of them out. Our home support has been f*****g woeful all season

We won’t sell any of them out. Our home support has been f*****g woeful all season

Really?

We are averaging 7400 at home this season including some fairly unglamorous Tuesday night games and some increasingly challenging times with covid.

If this Omicron variant comes and goes quickly without any significant public health issues or restrictions on attendance then we can look forward to big games on New Year's Day, against Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Bolton, Ipswich, Sunderland and MK Dons and Doncaster if we're still in contention.

Our averages since coming into league one are;

16/17 8297
17/18 7376
18/19 7315
19/20 7636

And we're well on track to match that first seasons level.

So we’re going backwards, despite some of the best product in years.

Meanwhile, the freaks, in their crumbling pit of a stadium, are consistently getting 2k more than we are for a product nowhere near our level.

Our support isn’t growing, in fact it’s worse than it was 5 years ago. We’ve got a core support that’s as passionate as anyone’s, but the wider community is apathetic to its club. As it ever was.

Meanwhile, the freaks, in their crumbling pit of a stadium, are consistently getting 2k more than we are for a product nowhere near our level.

Our support isn’t growing, in fact it’s worse than it was 5 years ago. We’ve got a core support that’s as passionate as anyone’s, but the wider community is apathetic to its club. As it ever was.
To be fair to Swindon, their stadium is in the centre of their town and has four stands. I wish we played in the centre of Oxford rather than at the sewege farm.

We're not going backwards. We will match the level we saw in 2016/17 which came off the back of our promotion season. This is despite the fact that we're going through unprecedented times with covid where we have sadly lost some of our fans and others remain more vulnerable to attending, and more still will be feeling the financial pinch of lockdowns.

As for Swindon, I couldn't give two shits how many attend. It's not a competing market and then can sell out every game for all I care.

To be fair to Swindon, their stadium is in the centre of their town and has four stands. I wish we played in the centre of Oxford rather than at the sewege farm.
I always feel it’s an issue that most people have no reason to pass our ground or come near it, it’s so tucked away. I hope the new one is either more central or on a major thoroughfare.

Swindon have been giving tickets away, that’s why there crowds are high. As soon as they try to charge a normal price they won’t be there.

The numbers aren’t the problem is the f-cking atmosphere in the ground or lack of which has been the biggest issue this season, we are in desperate need of the ultras back it’s so flat to many times, I really thought there would of been a buzz to have fans back this season at home games but sadly not

The numbers aren’t the problem is the f-cking atmosphere in the ground or lack of which has been the biggest issue this season, we are in desperate need of the ultras back it’s so flat to many times, I really thought there would of been a buzz to have fans back this season at home games but sadly not
Great atmosphere against Wigan I thought. Though I’d watch United in front of 300 at Court Place Farm.

Back
Top Bottom