Matches Three 10k's in a Row v Bolton

As of midnight on Wednesday I have total home sales at 6,681 meaning total sales of approx 8,400.

Remaining seats are

South Stand Lower - 774 (187/189/51/14/2/20/126/185)

South Stand Upper - 552 (237/45/4/4/8/14/240)

East Stand - 658 (92/135/43/81/124/183)

North Stand - 941 (296/121/209/315)

We will need to sell 1000 seats over the next two days realistically to have a shot at 10,000 with 600 on the day sales.

I think we may see slightly more on the day ticket sales this week with it only being a week between fixtures, but without a real push I'd guess that we're set to come up short by around 400. If we're to hit 10k then we all need to spread the word. Come on, let's make a little history and a lot of noise!!! It could just make the difference between 1 point and 3.

Can’t knock the efforts of the club in attempting to maximise the crowds over the last few weeks.

However, I feel it a little embarrassing that we are punting the 10 figure with the helping of a sold out away end. Which is between 1400 - 1700.

People knock the conference days and whilst the Woking game as woeful. At least the crowd was in the most, made up of our own fans..

Can’t knock the efforts of the club in attempting to maximise the crowds over the last few weeks.

However, I feel it a little embarrassing that we are punting the 10 figure with the helping of a sold out away end. Which is between 1400 - 1700.

People knock the conference days and whilst the Woking game as woeful. At least the crowd was in the most, made up of our own fans..
I am not sure why it is remotely 'embarrasing'.
It has never been done before and all crowds have away supporters.
8000+ home supporters shows real growth in home support which I would think is a good thing?

It doesn't seem to matter what league we are in, the home fan attendances have been pretty consistent. If we are near top of the league we get between 7 and 9K. This, despite the local population increases. It seems we have, historically at least, not managed to attract many newcomers. You have yellow and blue blood and support us, or you don't. Recently I have heard more stories about people going for the first time ever, or first time for ages. On Saturday I sat next to someone who's last game was Up The Manor. The Kassam factor has hurt us terribly - mainly parking and poor public transport puts so many off. The planned new stadium I'm sure will see us get quite a hike in home numbers. Then with more away fans allowed we should comfortably get our highest averages ever if we keep playing like we are!

For years now our average attendance has been around 7500, so roughly 7k for home support. We're looking at around 8,500 home fans for the last couple of games which is an increase of over 20%. With all the factors that stop people coming, covid, weather, rubbish stadium etc, that is still a great return and shows that we're moving in the right direction.

We must have the most available parking than most football clubs why would that put people off? Ok if you park in the wrong place you can get stuck in traffic but that’s your dumb self, if you need to get away quick don’t park at the back of the car park. I park a 10 min walk away, I don’t have to leave the game early
Like I see some do and I avoid all traffic. It’s perfect

That bloody advert "Tickets from £20"....................... nooooooo many are cheaper!!
View attachment 8128

@OUSP Secretary can you pass this on to the club. Tickets from £20 sounds like kids/concessions are also from £20. I know it's only a little detail but that may put potential customers clicking on to see about buying tickets. Should say Adult tickets from £20, kids from £0 , concessions from £14.

@OUSP Secretary can you pass this on to the club. Tickets from £20 sounds like kids/concessions are also from £20. I know it's only a little detail but that may put potential customers clicking on to see about buying tickets. Should say Adult tickets from £20, kids from £0 , concessions from £14.

Already passed on to the Club with the suggestion about the "strapline".

I find it more annoying than 🥑

For years now our average attendance has been around 7500, so roughly 7k for home support. We're looking at around 8,500 home fans for the last couple of games which is an increase of over 20%. With all the factors that stop people coming, covid, weather, rubbish stadium etc, that is still a great return and shows that we're moving in the right direction.
If the average this season is close to 8,500, it will be the highest for many many years except maybe for the promotion year under MAPP.
The number of home supporters will have increased and with COVID still with us and all of the well documented problems with the Kassam, this is pretty encouraging I would have thought.

We must have the most available parking than most football clubs why would that put people off? Ok if you park in the wrong place you can get stuck in traffic but that’s your dumb self, if you need to get away quick don’t park at the back of the car park. I park a 10 min walk away, I don’t have to leave the game early
Like I see some do and I avoid all traffic. It’s perfect
A lot of people wouldn’t know where to park 10 minutes away, and they probably don’t want to have to leave at 12 just to get a parking space for a stadium ten minutes drive away so I can see why it would put people off. I have a couple of places away from the stadium I normally park but would park there more often if it wasn’t for the fence tbh.

For example, If u sit in the north stand like me, get there nice and early and park in the main car park and then find the fence is up behind the stand that means by the time u get round to the car park u are one of the last out. It’s not exactly a great experience is it. There are next to no feasible public transport options available either, a few hundred seats total on busses from various towns, or an awful bus journey to BBL. If we get the new stadium I actually think the park and rides, trains and better public transport in general will tempt a lot more people to come.

I live 10 mins away from the kassam and even I find that dopey metal fence behind the north stand a pain in the a**e so god knows what it is like for people who drive to the stadium having to walk the long way round to the car park
What is the actual point of that metal fence

I live 10 mins away from the kassam and even I find that dopey metal fence behind the north stand a pain in the a**e so god knows what it is like for people who drive to the stadium having to walk the long way round to the car park
What is the actual point of that metal fence

To prevent disorder............ allegedly.

In reality to create inconvenience for lots of people.

IIRC the Club (looking at you Mr Taylor the "liaison bod") were supposed to let us know when/if it was going to be deployed - they seem to have forgotten about that of late.

A lot of people wouldn’t know where to park 10 minutes away, and they probably don’t want to have to leave at 12 just to get a parking space for a stadium ten minutes drive away so I can see why it would put people off. I have a couple of places away from the stadium I normally park but would park there more often if it wasn’t for the fence tbh.

For example, If u sit in the north stand like me, get there nice and early and park in the main car park and then find the fence is up behind the stand that means by the time u get round to the car park u are one of the last out. It’s not exactly a great experience is it. There are next to no feasible public transport options available either, a few hundred seats total on busses from various towns, or an awful bus journey to BBL. If we get the new stadium I actually think the park and rides, trains and better public transport in general will tempt a lot more people to come.

Oxford should keep away fans locked in for 10 minutes to allow the NS to empty..

I think we may see slightly more on the day ticket sales this week with it only being a week between fixtures, but without a real push I'd guess that we're set to come up short by around 400. If we're to hit 10k then we all need to spread the word. Come on, let's make a little history and a lot of noise!!! It could just make the difference between 1 point and 3.
I know my suggestions never go down too well but here's another one anyway

Might it be an idea to have our forum sponsor to be in place with cars at the station, could the club do a deal with them maybe and even have it as an option when purchasing tickets. You've then got knowledge that a car will be waiting for you rather than folk check timetables etc for buses. Can offer it to Away fans too.

All part of the Matchday eperience

To prevent disorder............ allegedly.

In reality to create inconvenience for lots of people.

IIRC the Club (looking at you Mr Taylor the "liaison bod") were supposed to let us know when/if it was going to be deployed - they seem to have forgotten about that of late.
That's all well and good preventing disorder BUT walking around the front of the ground you bump into away fans walking by the bowling you bump into away fans walking by the club shop again you bump in to away fans so what is the point of that stupid metal fence mind boggling

Back
Top Bottom