Thomas and Obika

The mighty Aldo

I'm sure there have been a worse front two pairing over the years but I'm struggling to remember.

These two should never play for us again

Obika has not got a footballing brain, and for a big bloke he never wins the ball and fails to hold the ball up because his touch is awful.Robinson was going ballistic at him on the touch line.

Thomas must be the laziest player ever to pull on a yellow shirt. He can't hold the ball up and is always on his heels and doesn't attack the ball.

KR has improved both of these players but to be honest we need and deserve much better.
I’m getting increasingly more optimistic for next season.
Maybe on today’s game the6 can beat Blackburn

I would think that KR is shrewd enough to realise that none of our strikers are anywhere near good enough. A real priority for next season is to find a striker whio can actualy play football and score goals.

We’re playing a system with a diamond midfield to accommodate an incredibly unbalanced squad (thanks Pep) this means we set up very narrow. Thomas and Obika are asked to play fairly wide which is not their game at all. Plus Obika is clearly not fully fit, but a half fit Obika starting is better than either Van Kessel or Mehmeti.

Wes was good for the first half of the season, he's just not capable of playing as much as he's been asked too, he'd be a good 3rd choice striker next year

Obika just needs to go

I thought Andrews was a real handful for them today, showed exactly what we’ve been missing. Having said that I thought Obika put himself about today. It just didn’t happen for Thomas though.

I thought Andrews was a real handful for them today, showed exactly what we’ve been missing. Having said that I thought Obika put himself about today. It just didn’t happen for Thomas though.

Andrews is clearly limited, but would love Obika to be as affective.

A few times I just watched Obika and Thomas, their movement etc. It was frustrating to watch

I would think that KR is shrewd enough to realise that none of our strikers are anywhere near good enough. A real priority for next season is to find a striker whio can actualy play football and score goals.[/QUOTE

To be honest if you have picked up on this with many others, it's safe to assume KR is on it:)

You seriously thought Obika did okay today - for such a big muscular bloke he is totally powder puff and lightweight - no discernible goal threat at all

If we are serious about going forward then put simply neither is good enough but Thomas is the best of a poor duo

Hope we get in players in the same calibre of roofe, johnson, hylton, maguire, payne, mcaleny etc.

Same calibre? only one in any form at the moment is Hylton. We need players with real passion something we have lacked this season

Obika simply does not have the ability. Thomas had some ability but seems to have faded into a state of complacent passivity. Hearts will sink if they are still in the squad next season.

Back
Top Bottom