Thomas and Obika

I'd have McAleny and Maguire over Thomas and Obika. I'd still like to see Hemmings given another go.

I think Thomas tries but often seems isolated. Obika seems to have all the attributes of a decent forward but doesn't seem bothered 90% of the time.

Obika is SOOO frustrating. He will do something quite good and then will fail to even try to anything similar all the rest of the match. But even with his good bits, can anyone really say that he looks at all threatening?

Thomas is what he is - a journeyman poacher. He HAS upped his game (in terms of effort if not of scoring) in the last few weeks, but he isn't good enough to be the focal point of any attack in a team looking to get up this league.

Hemmings? No thanks - he was shipped out because he isn't very good and seems to have improved in some people's minds in his absence!

I'd like to get a decent experienced striker in, play Henry as a number 10, add a new young hungry striker as backup/development and get a couple of players who can actually go past a man on either flank to put crosses in.

You seriously thought Obika did okay today - for such a big muscular bloke he is totally powder puff and lightweight - no discernible goal threat at all

If we are serious about going forward then put simply neither is good enough but Thomas is the best of a poor duo
That’s not quite what I said is it. He put himself about more than he has recently but that’s a long way from saying he did ok. I would have thought that stating that Andrews showed what we’ve been missing speaks volumes of my opinion of our front two

Thomas is a decent finisher who comes alive playing on the last shoulder and it's no coincidence his goals have dried up since Payne left the club. Payne gave him exactly the sort of service he thrived on - the goal away Peterborough was the perfect example of this. But Thomas is limited other than that, if the plan is to send direct balls into him with his back to goal then forget about it, he's no hold up man.

Who do you all think will step up from the development/under 23's or even possibly the Academy squads, as a feasibly good striker?

When Hall and Napa came on (and Thomas went off) Obika looked better.
We looked a different side all together late on - it was good as the play suddenly
had an intensity. The ball was being moved quicker.

Hall has pace so he can come off the wing, travel with the ball and get to the dead ball line
which really helps - we’ve been playing with no width or pace for many months
and it’s difficult for front players when nothing much is being created and when
the final ball is often poor.

Thomas and Obika have had a difficult 2017-2018 for sure.

When Hall and Napa came on (and Thomas went off) Obika looked better.
We looked a different side all together late on - it was good as the play suddenly
had an intensity. The ball was being moved quicker.

Hall has pace so he can come off the wing, travel with the ball and get to the dead ball line
which really helps - we’ve been playing with no width or pace for many months
and it’s difficult for front players when nothing much is being created and when
the final ball is often poor.

Thomas and Obika have had a difficult 2017-2018 for sure.

Agree. Robbie showed us what we have been missing within about 30 seconds of coming on yesterday. Will be a big boost if we can keep him here and keep him fit next season .

Obviously Thomas is out of contract so will probably go, but Obika isn’t so will be here next year unless we can get another club to take it on which is unlikely I would have thought because apparently he’s on good money.

Two new strikers coming in I would think which is desperately needed with maybe Hemmings being sold.

I was actually quite pleased with Obika. He bullied there CBs for strength and actually used his body. He embarrassed there lb in the first half when he tried shoving Obika off the ball to then be met with 2 shoulder barges that ruined him.

If I'm honest with Obika and Thomas we have the making of one top striker. Obika does a lot of good work outside the box then crumbles in the box and Thomas the opposite all his good work is in the box.

Have to go back to Anthrobus and Murphy to find a front two so poor, and at least Murphy had some mobility and scored goals.

I was actually quite pleased with Obika. He bullied there CBs for strength and actually used his body. He embarrassed there lb in the first half when he tried shoving Obika off the ball to then be met with 2 shoulder barges that ruined him.

If I'm honest with Obika and Thomas we have the making of one top striker. Obika does a lot of good work outside the box then crumbles in the box and Thomas the opposite all his good work is in the box.
Total nonsense !!
Both would do a job in a mid table div 2 !

Have to go back to Anthrobus and Murphy to find a front two so poor, and at least Murphy had some mobility and scored goals.

The bus' and carthorse murphy, now you're talking !

Murphy only played upfront once, he was a midfielder

People understandably think of Murphy as a striker as he was such a god damn goal machine.

How he didn’t make England’s World Cup 98 squad I’ll never know.

Back
Top Bottom