Thohir

Board really taking shape now. With Geike having a background in property development and Thohir delivering DC United a new ground, hopefully a new stadium isn't too far away?

What’s your definition (or expectation) of not too far away?

I should imagine even if this moved as quickly as is feasibly possible we’d still be looking at at least 4 to 5 years.

Fingers crossed though!

Too far away? Nah, the new Bistah Willage stadium is going to be right next to the Varsity Expressway and the East West rail link in that little remaining parcel of land next to J9 on the M40. London/Oxford international Airport is just down the road a bit.....

Too far away? Nah, the new Bistah Willage stadium is going to be right next to the Varsity Expressway and the East West rail link in that little remaining parcel of land next to J9 on the M40. London/Oxford international Airport is just down the road a bit.....

I look forward to flying there from Wantage Intenational.

With unpaid tax bills again, could not have happened soon enough- no wonder we couldnt afford Nicky Maynard if we couldnt even pay the lovely taxman!

Sorry if I've missed this, what % shareholding has he taken - if any?

Like most announcements is pretty short on any details.

Just mostly Tiger and Thohir bigging each other up. I guess more details will be revealed in the Oxvox meeting on November 21st.

I'd guess no shareholding in OUFC, but maybe the company registered in Singapore. Who knows

What’s your definition (or expectation) of not too far away?

I should imagine even if this moved as quickly as is feasibly possible we’d still be looking at at least 4 to 5 years.

Fingers crossed though!

Yeah, that's the kind of timescale I meant really. The stadium issues have dogged us for over 20 years now, so having a new home done in 5 pales in comparison.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Great to finally get this over with. Whether it’s good for us the fans and the football club time will tell.

It could be exciting times ahead, or we pretty much go along as we are.

Yeah, that's the kind of timescale I meant really. The stadium issues have dogged us for over 20 years now, so having a new home done in 5 pales in comparison.

Well quite.

If they get it sorted in less than six years, I’ll get to watch Oxford in a third home ground before I hit 40!

Now that the new board is in place, wouldn’t it be great if they called a press conference to give some sort of rough outline of the strategy/plans going forward?

Can anyone explain what this means in its simplest terms?

What does being on the board mean, exactly? Does it mean simply that he will have some say in the day-to-day and broader running of the club? Does it necessarily mean that we’ll benefit from his considerable financial clout? Or does that responsibility still fall squarely at the feet of Tiger? My limited understanding of FFP suggests that even if he were involved in some financial capacity, he still wouldn’t be able to just pour money into the on-the-field side of things, as that is dictated exclusively by the clubs football- and sponsorship-related revenue, but that he could invest in infrastructure (training facilities, women’s team and, crucially, stadium).

I want to get excited but I’m not really sure what this means in practice, so any insight would be appreciated.

We don't know yet!
tiger is on is way here now!
(Radio oxford)

Back
Top Bottom