Thohir

It was mentioned in the Fans Forum and I think it is as well as Tiger.

Tiger said an owner of Inter Milan would be 'joining the board', so he may take up a minority stake in the club. However, I think it's Italian news outlets putting two and two together and getting five. That link says that Sky Sports UK has reported it (despite there being no such story on Sky Sports), whilst another article says Sky Sports Italia are reporting it (again, no direct story).

Clearly there must be reports out there, somehow, that he is investing as the club deliberately kept it quiet. I'd hope they don't base the reports from Twitter and here!!

It has been reported on Sky Sports News app (I’ve just read it). Nothing on Ox mail or official website tho.

It has been reported on Sky Sports News app (I’ve just read it). Nothing on Ox mail or official website tho.

It would be nice to have a link or screenshot, as I can't seem to find anything on the Sky Sports website

This could be the stadium news we are all hoping for. Building a stadium from scratch in Washington DC that includes hotel and retail outlets as well as being suitable for multiply sporting/entertainment events would be something Oxford CC would likely throw their weight behind - especially if all privately financed. There were stumbling blocks before with DE but that was when we were looking at financial support from the council or a deal to be done with Kassam. The names being linked to Oxford are independently wealth enough to fund the lot whilst also having the connections to get big sponsors/partners on board. Exciting times ahead?

This could be the stadium news we are all hoping for. Building a stadium from scratch in Washington DC that includes hotel and retail outlets as well as being suitable for multiply sporting/entertainment events would be something Oxford CC would likely throw their weight behind - especially if all privately financed. There were stumbling blocks before with DE but that was when we were looking at financial support from the council or a deal to be done with Kassam. The names being linked to Oxford are independently wealth enough to fund the lot whilst also having the connections to get big sponsors/partners on board. Exciting times ahead?
We'll have the finest Ground and Training facilities league 2 has ever seen! :D

• React
Reactions: Ian
This could be the stadium news we are all hoping for. Building a stadium from scratch in Washington DC that includes hotel and retail outlets as well as being suitable for multiply sporting/entertainment events would be something Oxford CC would likely throw their weight behind - especially if all privately financed.

I can't see why OCC or we, for that matter should want to "throw their weight behind" a man building a stadium across the Atlantic. Please can you explain?

I can't see why OCC or we, for that matter should want to "throw their weight behind" a man building a stadium across the Atlantic. Please can you explain?
Badly worded! Meant the link between this plan and a future plan to sort out our spanking new stadium!!! Admittedly my original post made no sense at all, but then they rarely do!!!

Tiger: "We would like to propose a sports stadium with surrounding hotel, retail and leasure facilities."

OCC: "Doesn't the city already have one of those? Next!"

Looking at the picture of the DC stadium this would be a step up for us from a three sided ground to a three and a half sided.

Isn't the Kassam far away enough from Oxford? . A stadium in Washington DC would be almost impossible for most of us to get to

Tiger: "We would like to propose a sports stadium with surrounding hotel, retail and leasure facilities."

OCC: "Doesn't the city already have one of those? Next!"

Tiger - "Yes, but this one can be built from scratch with transport links in place, retail opportunities that will only be bettered by the new Westgate centre, links to our local communities and heritage and provides multiple opportunities for additional sporting events and music events. Plus it will cost you nothing!!"

OCC - "Ok, now I'm listening!"

Tiger - "And the best thing is that it'll really P**s off Kassam!!!"

OCC - "Where do we sign!!!!"

Tiger - "Yes, but this one can be built from scratch with transport links in place, retail opportunities that will only be bettered by the new Westgate centre, links to our local communities and heritage and provides multiple opportunities for additional sporting events and music events. Plus it will cost you nothing!!"

OCC - "Ok, now I'm listening!"

Tiger - "And the best thing is that it'll really P**s off Kassam!!!"

OCC - "Where do we sign!!!!"

Not sure which is the biggest fantasy: this or Chas's Water Eaton project? You two are like two peas in a pod!

Back
Top Bottom