Thohir

The way I understand it, is that he can’t get involved in any large monetary transactions to other businesses whilst partaking in this Indonesian election. Once that’s over he’s all ours, and I’ve heard will be buying the club, with Tiger to stay on as minority

I tend to agree with you, but I’m sure he could gift some monies to Tiger in the meantime. Also, what about these other directors?

I think perhaps @myles or even you @Pete posted this some time ago (someone did). Anyway as with Tiger I really don’t think the money is there in cash terms. I also don’t think that at the end of the Thai elections this guy is going to be our knight in shining armour!! To me he and the rest of the crew Tiger has amassed as Directors look to be a group that will place ‘hard debt’ through loans onto OUFC for a new ground which they then seek to extract money from. Sound familiar?

www.blackandredunited.com/platform/amp/opinion/2014/5/19/5731378/erick-thohir-billionaire-dc-united-stadium-inter-milan

Many businesses operate on a mixture of equaties and loans when it comes to investments, and the fact that loans are used shouldn't ring alarm bells alone. However, it all depends on how much is being borrowed, what that is secured against and at what rate for repayment.

It was mentioned before that Erick may not be as rich as he himself has claimed, but there appears no doubt that he does have the sort of money that could see investment in to our club at a level beyond anything we have seen before. It remains to be seen if he will indeed get involved, in what capacity and to what ends.

Many businesses operate on a mixture of equaties and loans when it comes to investments, and the fact that loans are used shouldn't ring alarm bells alone. However, it all depends on how much is being borrowed, what that is secured against and at what rate for repayment.

It was mentioned before that Erick may not be as rich as he himself has claimed, but there appears no doubt that he does have the sort of money that could see investment in to our club at a level beyond anything we have seen before. It remains to be seen if he will indeed get involved, in what capacity and to what ends.

I’ve probably missed it in the thread or other threads could you share where it shows “he does have the sort of money that could see investment in our club at a level beyond anything we have seen before”.

I’m asking because if I can see something that shows he (and not his friends, family or associates) has a huge personal wealth I’ll likely sleep better.

I’ve probably missed it in the thread or other threads could you share where it shows “he does have the sort of money that could see investment in our club at a level beyond anything we have seen before”.

I’m asking because if I can see something that shows he (and not his friends, family or associates) has a huge personal wealth I’ll likely sleep better.

I think @PC shared a report that questioned whether Erick was actually a billionaire and instead estimated his wealth to be at several hundred million instead. That could give us the sort of money we could only dream about, but it very much depends on if he actually wants to invest, and to what end. Of that I have absolutely no idea.

This whole saga is becoming something like an episode of the X Files where you're not sure if the reason things don't make any sense is because you have missed something along the way, or if it was only ever a load of bollox in the first place!!!

Be surprised if I was that specific but I could have posited that in his post as "media son" for the Thohir Empire he probably had access to limited funds (unimaginable to I & I) for frolics of his own - like his inept stewardship of Inter Milan.

As such he will, posts passim ad nauseam, be required to do nothing less than look like he's making every effort to fix the Indonesian elections so his families sponsors win. Expect nothing till April, and don't bank on it after.

Of course, although them asset stripping here is something I just can't get worried about. I don't see how it could happen.

Of course, although them asset stripping here is something I just can't get worried about. I don't see how it could happen.
Same way Kassam did? Build a new stadium and surrounding businesses and property. Then sell the club which is the only business that doesn't make a profit and keep all those that do.

Same way Kassam did? Build a new stadium and surrounding businesses and property. Then sell the club which is the only business that doesn't make a profit and keep all those that do.
Took the words out of my mouth. The DC United stadium is often held up as evidence that Thohir has the clout to get a new stadium built. But I wonder how many people have looked at the ownership of that stadium, how revenues are distributed etc?

That will be tiger and friends developing the car park etc...

You can see where they are going, Reading first then us.. IMHO

Last edited:
Took the words out of my mouth. The DC United stadium is often held up as evidence that Thohir has the clout to get a new stadium built. But I wonder how many people have looked at the ownership of that stadium, how revenues are distributed etc?

Any chance you could enlighten us on this?

Back
Top Bottom