Thohir

Then why did you say they were?
Because that's what they've said, but we won't know until the accounts are published. This is all speculation, and my thoughts, or yours are meaningless right now.

We simply don't know what Tiger wants as no detailed plan has been put forward. However, you can argue that there are signs of all.

1. Tiger has invested in the youth and buying players that can develop and increase in value in order to off set ongoing losses. Peterborough and others run this model fairly successfully whilst bobbing around the top half of the league.

2. The ambition is for promotion (according to recent comments from Tiger, Erick, Fosu etc). This would raise the value of the club for future investmnet in no.1 or to sell on.

3. We have various billionaire train set owners of our own. They are currently taking the hit and would presumably want promotion or stadium development to bring the success they want. Although PL would be the ultimate goal, there is still significant interest in the Championship, particularly in the far east.

4. We currently have no assets and any future assets would have to be funded first before being stipped back. Of course there is the danger that they could do what Kassam did, but this is where it is important to agree a substantial and fixed cost lease that allows the club to play for years to come. That is basically what Erick did at DC and I would imagine is what the plans are for Oxford.

When I think of trainset football club owners I mean ones who throw away some spare cash and it doesn’t really dent their net worth and they are in it for a bit of fun with the hope of success on the back of it.

I don’t think any of our directors or owners are in it for anything other than money. Ok there might be a bit of fun along the way, like with Eales and cup runs and promotions.

To be honest, all of this is still entirely guesswork until a clear plan is put into place (and the blame for this sits with Tiger and co.)

Positive bus, doom mongers, In The Know, moonshiners? All of us are still speculating on what the intentions of Tiger and friends.

And will they let us know ... I doubt it until something is concrete and ready to go .... if that day ever comes....but for me anyone who takes on 2 mill a year losses with no assets to strip ... who doesnt force to sell players ... still buying and heavily investing in the youth academy .....new training ground .... takes on the last sheisters engrained kassam debt and pays for the pleasure deserves a little tip of the hat whatever the plan may or may not be

If t
And will they let us know ... I doubt it until something is concrete and ready to go .... if that day ever comes....but for me anyone who takes on 2 mill a year losses with no assets to strip ... who doesnt force to sell players ... still buying and heavily investing in the youth academy .....new training ground .... takes on the last sheisters engrained kassam debt and pays for the pleasure deserves a little tip of the hat whatever the plan may or may not be

If this Firoz chap can get us out of the Robin Herd mess and pays for the pleasure he deserves a tip of the hat whatever the plan may or may not be

Now head of the Indonesian FA

That's decent. I am really happy about that.

At some point in the short term, we MUST be looking at looking into the Indonesian market for players; to help them move, to elevate and offer exposure and find the gems that should be playing at higher levels. This for me, was always one of the key areas the club could explore with our ownership. This should help.

Well done ET.

At some point in the short term, we MUST be looking at looking into the Indonesian market for players; to help them move, to elevate and offer exposure and find the gems that should be playing at higher levels. This for me, was always one of the key areas the club could explore with our ownership. This should help.

Well done ET.
Ah yes, South East Asia. A hotbed of professional footballing talent...

I can imagine a large number of useless youngsters coming out here for exposure because their parents have political connections with Thohir back home. Virtually no appearances between them.

Call me cynical but any ties to Indonesian football will be business focused. It won't be about picking up genuine grass roots talent.

Well done ET.
The standard of the top division of Indonesian football will be well, well below league one.

All that would happen is the odd signing like Ben Davis or Tsun Dai for shirt sales.

The standard of the top division of Indonesian football will be well, well below league one.

All that would happen is the odd signing like Ben Davis or Tsun Dai for shirt sales.
Sounds perfect.

Of course, being involved in football in Indonesia, would also highlight other players playing in that region. Plenty of South American and Asian talent.

One of the club owners being in a position of power (and now footballing power) in the fastest growing region in the world is not a negative. Not to mention the kind of people he'll be rubbing shoulders within footballing circles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom