This run we are on. Wow.

CornishOx

Ok so after tonight's game we are now 9 games unbeaten. In these 9 games we have won 5 and drawn 4. We have scored 16 goals and conceded just 4 (3 of which was in one game). We've scored 3 on 4 separate occasions but by far my favourite stat is we have kept 7 (SEVEN!) clean sheets. 7 in 9 games!

All aboard the positivity bus I'm driving

The perspective also is that before that we had 5 points from 11 games.
So the turnaround has been unbelievable really.
If we can get more players fit ( and there are no international breaks for quite a while,, ) then a new striker in January..... you just never know.

No goals from open play. Consistent team selection as much as possible. Youth players getting slowly introduced and yet we still aren’t up to full strength! We have players like Mackie and Holmes who aren’t fully fit, Robbie Hall and Baptiste injured.

The future is bright, the future is yellow.

You also have to go back 6 weeks since we lost a game, 7 since we lost a league game!

Robinson has also toned down his behaviour on the touchline and in the media, has adapted the formation where appropriate, brought through younger players and rested some of the established players as needed - but many have already made up their minds that "Gobbo" must go! Sad really.

Robinson has also toned down his behaviour on the touchline and in the media, has adapted the formation where appropriate, brought through younger players and rested some of the established players as needed - but many have already made up their minds that "Gobbo" must go! Sad really.

I don’t want to say I told you so to some on here but I did say that we should judge Robinson once Eastwood was back fit..

Have to say how chuffed or should I say relieved I am at how well things are now going.
We were desperate several weeks ago....I had stopped watching because it was so painful.
Our upcoming games continue to be winnable(not a forgone conclusion obviously) until Jan when we come up against the powerhouse teams again.
Every chance of being at least mid table by then

I don’t want to say I told you so to some on here but I did say that we should judge Robinson once Eastwood was back fit..
I don't want to join Team Smug, but I joined you in saying we should wait for a fit and stable team - and I was pretty much alone in backing MApp when there were deafening cries of "sack him"!!

If only everyone could listen to us, this forum would be a lot more chilled!!! ???

I don't want to join Team Smug, but I joined you in saying we should wait for a fit and stable team - and I was pretty much alone in backing MApp when there were deafening cries of "sack him"!!

If only everyone could listen to us, this forum would be a lot more chilled!!! ???
I’ll admit to being one who voted for him to go (although I never resorted to using the term ‘gobbo’) and I’m glad that Tiger held firm. To be fair though we did have a shocking start to the season and if Robinson is honest, even he’ll probably consider himself fortunate to still be in a job.

That we are on such a run and yet the table still looks like this means that Robbo is still overall in my bad books. It was a horrendous start. Signs of positivity but still think we will remain in danger and not convinced well see January investment.

But credit where its due, we are competitive again at least, and wont be down by Xmas as i thoight we may be.
Screenshot_2018-11-20-23-28-23.png

He's reduced the number of personal dumb tactical mistakes and accordingly the defenders have too - moving Mousinho to protect the back 4 was a masterstroke of so obvious that even I saw it.

Plus, for some reason the players have started playing like they mean it; started at the beginning of the improvement.

Still to address: why we play good football only sporadically, strikers, controlling matches......

He's attained a level of competence but heaven knows what he'll come up with in the January window or what verbal infelicity he will next inflict upon the world.

If we do beat Bradford...surely would be our best 8 game run in the league since promotion season..

Quietly pleased with the run of results, would be more happy if the chucking away of a 3 goal lead to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory hadn't happened....also the fa cup home game v FGR wasn't much to be pleased about....the ship is steadying albeit still very much work in progress .....if we can get between 8 &12 points from the next 4 league games, then I'll be more confident that things are genuinely improving

If we do beat Bradford...surely would be our best 8 game run in the league since promotion season..

Jumped onto RageOnline to check this out. The longest unbeaten run since we were promoted to League 1 was eight matches from 19-11-2016 to 17-12-2016 with five wins and three draws. It came to an end with a 1-0 home defeat to Northampton Town on Boxing Day.

That was an 'all competitions' run so included drawing and then beating Macclesfield Town plus a EFL Trophy win on penalties against Southend.

When was the last time we won three league home games in a row?

Back
Top Bottom