Things that annoy you

The way rules keep changing. Where do you start on this one? There is always some smart-Ale prick who wants to make a name for himself/herself, by inventing new rules and laws. You can't do 'this' anymore, because it'll offend someone. You can't do 'that' anymore, because you might injure someone. Things must change in shapes or sizes, because they are no longer appropriate. Here's something they could change; the shape of roundabouts. Let's make them triangle-shaped. Not because they should be that shaped, but because I want myfuckingself to look important! We could call them triangleabouts! Or is it just me?

So, people who start sentences with a f*****g conjunction.
Whist we are on the subject of grammar, I would also like to add people who have started dropping Articles before nouns. It just sounds very clumsy

People mowing their f*****g lawn at 7.30 on a Sunday morning with absolutely no awareness of anybody else because the Sun is out (and is still out at 10am). Once 1 starts, more follow.

Especially doing it that early when their lawn is something like 2m by 2m and takes no time to mow. I'm almost tempted to seed bomb their wildlife free lawn and flowerbeds filled with bedding plants/flowers (pretty but useless for pollinators) with Wildflower seeds. At least they'd get some interesting, pretty and useful plants then if they got left.

Languages that seem obsessed with putting 'z's' in random places in words/names with seemingly the only purpose being to make the speaker sound drunk. Just for balance they express equal dismay at our willingness to have a mulitude of abbreviations for the same name (Rob, Bob, Bobby, Robbie, Bert etc)

Languages that seem obsessed with putting 'z's' in random places in words/names with seemingly the only purpose being to make the speaker sound drunk. Just for balance they express equal dismay at our willingness to have a mulitude of abbreviations for the same name (Rob, Bob, Bobby, Robbie, Bert etc)

The fact I've existed for nearly half a century without realising that Bert can be a contraction for Robert!

Right. You're feeling a bit peckish. You don't want anything large, because your missus or mum is just going to start cooking the dinner. You nip into Tesco's and buy a packet of Walkers, or whatever crisps. 'Hmm! These'll do', you think to yourself. You open the packet and right at the bottom, are a few f*****g crisps. You bastards! A great big packet, mostly full of........................air!

Right. You're feeling a bit peckish. You don't want anything large, because your missus or mum is just going to start cooking the dinner. You nip into Tesco's and buy a packet of Walkers, or whatever crisps. 'Hmm! These'll do', you think to yourself. You open the packet and right at the bottom, are a few f*****g crisps. You bastards! A great big packet, mostly full of........................air!

Buy Hula Hoops as they've reduced their packaging iirc.

I'm watching a really boring football match on the telly. 0-0, no decent shots.....nothing. I'm dying for a pee. Takes me 4 minutes to do the dirty deed. I come back.................it's 1-1, with two world class goals just been scored. A topless woman had streaked onto the pitch, being chased by a f*****g dog and I was in the bog! Happens every time!

Back
Top Bottom