Things that annoy you

Wannabe coppers imo, those annoying types you refer to @BristolOx ... why dont they sign up then they could officially police the roads ? :oops:

@Sarge you’ve just reminded me!
That policeman on the M4 who was middle lane driving at 84 with a row of cars behind him, lulling me into a false sense of security, thinking I could slip past at 86-87 before flashing his blues at me & making me late for the Plymouth home game last season.

People who act surprised when, at a checkout or getting on a bus, that they are expected to pay........ cue lots of furtling for change/method of payment when you knew full well you would have to pay some time ago you klutz............................................... :mad::mad:

@Sarge you’ve just reminded me!
That policeman on the M4 who was middle lane driving at 84 with a row of cars behind him, lulling me into a false sense of security, thinking I could slip past at 86-87 before flashing his blues at me & making me late for the Plymouth home game last season.
Do you mean 74, not 84?

Using the outer lane of the Oxford Southern bypass as a slip road, whilst going slowly, to go straight on (or into Sainsbury's) at the Heyford HIll roundabout all the way from A34 Boars Hill junction.

Potentially worse for the dog though.
and those tasked with catching it ! .... between j10 & j9 M40 'now' there's a dog running loose.... has @amershamdave been on the M40 this afternoon? :unsure:

few years ago I was heading back to Oxford, I was on the M6 toll/ expressway.... halfway down highways agency had blocked all lanes in both directions.... took em about 30 mins to capture several swans running n flapping about on it ! :oops:

and those tasked with catching it ! .... between j10 & j9 M40 'now' there's a dog running loose.... has @amershamdave been on the M40 this afternoon? :unsure:

few years ago I was heading back to Oxford, I was on the M6 toll/ expressway.... halfway down highways agency had blocked all lanes in both directions.... took em about 30 mins to capture several swans running n flapping about on it ! :oops:
According to radio Oxford, the M40 dog has been finally caught

Now I'd have paid money to watch that, swans can be angry arseholes when they want ?

Now I'd have paid money to watch that, swans can be angry arseholes when they want ?
if i wasnt 'annoyed/ miffed/ vexed and peeved' that Id paid to use an expressway that was stationary, as I was in a hurry to get back to Oxford, Idve enjoyed the spectacle a bit more than I did at the time ... blokes in hi vis chasing disorientated swans with sort of adjustable hoops on very long sticks , attempting to , i spose, lasso them... they got there in the end, albeit one of the swans managed to knock over a few hi vis chaps in the process

One thing that annoys me is when you do a really good, strong fart and 'follow through'. Or is it just me?

Road rage. I don't mean other people, but me. I'm a normal, 61 year old, growing disgracefully old. But put me in the driving seat of a car and I turn into the incredible hulk/beast. Normally, I 'm very respectful to strangers. But if they accidently drive un-normally (such a word?) I turn into judge Judy/Dread/Jefferies! Or is it just me?

The kids/wife buying clothes or shoes. I buy the wife or kids clothes, when they're with me. I tell them to try them on first, but they refuse, telling me that they will fit. You get home and lo and behold.............they don't fit. You have to take them back and get another size. Or is it just me?

Each week, we try to predict the score in our games. I always predict a f*****g dog running onto the pitch. We never get one. Every other club has dogs, cats, birds, etc running/flying onto the pitch, but all we get is a f*****g Tiger, with a silly bow f*****g tie! Or is it just me?

The kids/wife buying clothes or shoes. I buy the wife or kids clothes, when they're with me. I tell them to try them on first, but they refuse, telling me that they will fit. You get home and lo and behold.............they don't fit. You have to take them back and get another size. Or is it just me?
maybe you should try on ya wifes new clothes when you buy them? ;)

Sarge, you came to my wedding, remember? She's a Filipina midget! I'm too big for her clothes! I know.......I've tried!

Back
Top Bottom