There’s money to spend

One has to think this was a tiny bit short-sighted and Tiger would have been better off holding fire with his fan-appeasement until deals are done and dusted.

Can't help but think that any potential prices are sure to double following this statement.

If loan players are sent back and a player sold, then Tiger is correct, there will be money available, just not new money. Let’s see what happens in the next 4 weeks.

One has to think this was a tiny bit short-sighted and Tiger would have been better off holding fire with his fan-appeasement until deals are done and dusted.

Can't help but think that any potential prices are sure to double following this statement.

Why would prices double? All he has said is that there is money available. He hasn't said how much.
If the club put is a bid for a player that club would pretty quickly work out that there is money available.

Why would prices double? All he has said is that there is money available. He hasn't said how much.

“Double” was a figure of speech.

My point was - that I’d much rather Tiger got the business done first, spoke to the media second.

Whether we’re successful in getting the players we want, whether we’re priced out - or whether we sign no-one at all - there’s now sure to be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Which there would have been anyway.

Hey-ho.

priority is Striker obviously, i'm guessing it'll be either Kieran Agard or George Williams at FGR both KR has worked with. Need to look at a Left sided centre back. Jake Wright on loan maybe?

Certainly don't allow him to spend money on players he's worked with before but who are now a bit old / injured / knackered. We need to be signing players who can drop straight into the first team squad, be available for selection immediately and who can actually play in the majority of games. The primary aim has to be to stay up, with the secondary aim being to recruit players who will be with us next season as well - we need some season-to-season continuity.

priority is Striker obviously, i'm guessing it'll be either Kieran Agard or George Williams at FGR both KR has worked with. Need to look at a Left sided centre back. Jake Wright on loan maybe?
Williams is more of a winger though. Don't think he would be the answer.

I get why people question if there is actually money available due to the tax issue but long term money has never been an issue with Tiger. He has already forked out over a £million on players.

It is also important to note that just because it says we have paid, lets say £400K for a player, it doesn't mean we have spent that money in one hit. Usually it is spread across a period of time.

Williams is more of a winger though. Don't think he would be the answer.
Nor do i the reason i say these two is because Robinson tends to go with what he knows. 4 of the 6 loans we have got currently Robinson has worked with before, so to me this says Robinson likes to rinse and repeat if you get what i mean

Back
Top Bottom