There’s money to spend

Unlikely Sarge, for starters you've got 2 £500 notes there. I don't think we have 2 to rub together.

I think it's far more likely we grab a pile of chance cards and hope none of them are 'go to jail over an unpaid HMRC bill'.

Also, don’t forget “can’t buy on the first go round”, which suggests any transfer business will be done on Jan 30th if we’re lucky.

Although “you have won second prize in a Mickey Mouse football competition, collect £10” has a pleasing ring to it - I’ll look forward to Wembley in April again then.

I’d rather that was the case, because then we get the sell on as well as the promotion fee.
Does anyone who claims to be ITK would we get the sell on fee or DE on some social media there seems to be a difference of opinion as to who gets what? I thought it was the club but others say it’s DE as ahis company Ensco bought him.

My main worry is, what decent striker, midfielder or defender will come to us as we are so near the bottom of the table !!!!!
Looking at last summers transfers it appears we didn’t get our first choice or even second choice targets what makes KR think he will get who he wants, indeed a couple of strikers apart who else does he think we need !!

Does anyone who claims to be ITK would we get the sell on fee or DE on some social media there seems to be a difference of opinion as to who gets what? I thought it was the club but others say it’s DE as ahis company Ensco bought him.
My understanding was DE only gets the add-ons for sales already agreed when the club changed hands. I’m probably wrong though! ?

My main worry is, what decent striker, midfielder or defender will come to us as we are so near the bottom of the table !!!!!
Looking at last summers transfers it appears we didn’t get our first choice or even second choice targets what makes KR think he will get who he wants, indeed a couple of strikers apart who else does he think we need !!
I can’t accept that the likes of Holmes, Carruthers and Smith weren’t his first choices. I think the problem was, in chasing these players, he was left with little to fill other positions

Edit: My argument is that he had from Easter to assess the squad and what was required. Instead of chasing players that he’d worked with in the past ( Holmes, Carruthers), that had fitness issues and, despite being loans were going to cost a lot - I would’ve thought the likes of Garbutt and Smith have cost us a fair bit, maybe he should have got in early and targeted competent league1, out of contract players. He would probably have got more bang for his buck there.

Last edited:
good question that @bazzer9461 ..... there's an OxVox committee meeting Jan 2( I believe?) ...maybe worth requesting that particular question gets raised & processed, you may get a clarification...... though if the question is fielded by OUFC MD ,at a guess, he'll 'have to get back to you on that'

I can’t accept that the likes of Holmes, Carruthers and Smith weren’t his first choices. I think the problem was, in chasing these players, he was left with little to fill other positions

Edit: My argument is that he had from Easter to assess the squad and what was required. Instead of chasing players that he’d worked with in the past ( Holmes, Carruthers), that had fitness issues and, despite being loans were going to cost a lot - I would’ve thought the likes of Garbutt and Smith have cost us a fair bit, maybe he should have got in early and targeted competent league1, out of contract players. He would probably have got more bang for his buck there.

Hindsight is a great thing.

Fans were fairly happy with the signings of Garbutt, Holmes, Carruthers and Mackie in the summer.

The worry then if they were and we will never know the truth, Smith is an untested 20 year old
Holmes has had a dodgy back for a while So neither would have ever played 2 games a week, not the recipe for having a stable team
Sami was a very unlucky injury as he did look a quality player and perhaps he came back too soon

Hindsight is a great thing.

Fans were fairly happy with the signings of Garbutt, Holmes, Carruthers and Mackie in the summer.
Fair point yes, to a degree. I’m always more happy with permanent signings but that’s maybe me just being old fashioned. Loans do seem to be the in thing these days ? Either way, I was happy to get Carruthers and Holmes in but not to the detriment of the rest of the squad, I trusted Robinson at the time to have that covered. Garbutt, I was more intrigued than happy, having never really heard of him. Mackie was a signing I was never really enamoured with. I wasn’t sure at the time where he was going to fit in. Now (admittedly in hindsight) it seems he’s a quite expensive stopgap centre-forward.

I know

Bazzer..I was told on Twitter by someone I respect that DE gets the lot if Roofe is sold. He could have a charge in place to guarantee a minimum payment but could also have something else agreed in addition. Hope I’m wrong, but if Roofe scores 20 + this season and Leeds don’t go up then would £15-£20 mill be unreasonable for him.

I get the feeling that in the coming months some unpalatable updates re the terms agreed between OUFC & DE may come out.

I know

Bazzer..I was told on Twitter by someone I respect that DE gets the lot if Roofe is sold. He could have a charge in place to guarantee a minimum payment but could also have something else agreed in addition. Hope I’m wrong, but if Roofe scores 20 + this season and Leeds don’t go up then would £15-£20 mill be unreasonable for him.

I get the feeling that in the coming months some unpalatable updates re the terms agreed between OUFC & DE may come out.
Which all adds to the opinion that DE wanted to sell, touted the club to anyone he could for a while, got a sniff or two from the likes of Sartori, but ultimately with no success due to the impossible situation regarding FK and the stadium. Then along came Tiger, who appears at times to see the world in a slightly alternative way and had a fanciful ambition to own a football club, and a deal was concocted involving little payment up front, but with payment linked to later transactions by the club.

A very worrying situation that, until we hear any evidence to the contrary, is really hard not to consider.

I know

That’s what I heard did mention them someone said the club purchased Roofe but I did say the club were owned by Ensco, he never got back to me

Monies to DE were included in the charge (?) he has over the club to an agreed limit when it was sold to Tiger - and they were listed in that agreement quite clearly. Not sure DE would take the lot and I suspect someone has got their wires crossed.
This is right, DE can have no further claim on any Roofe money other than the instalments agreed when the club changed ownership. It's the law. Anything more now would be deemed Third-Party Ownership which was strictly banned in England 2 or 3 years ago.

It’s everywhere on the web about Kemar wanting to play at top level. Hopefully Leeds’s loss will be Newcastle’s gain and ours too. Hopefully plenty of competition for his signature will result in a very big bid coming in.
We need players too. Definitely a new striker, one that feeds on the service provided. Probably another keeper would be needed too.
Hopefully Holmes and Browne aren’t going back, and we can build a bit more there too.
Anyone noticed the more animated Robinson gets the worse the players perform. Hopefully he can keep a bit quieter at Home Park and we can get our first away league win

It’s everywhere on the web about Kemar wanting to play at top level. Hopefully Leeds’s loss will be Newcastle’s gain and ours too. Hopefully plenty of competition for his signature will result in a very big bid coming in.
We need players too. Definitely a new striker, one that feeds on the service provided. Probably another keeper would be needed too.
Hopefully Holmes and Browne aren’t going back, and we can build a bit more there too.
Anyone noticed the more animated Robinson gets the worse the players perform. Hopefully he can keep a bit quieter at Home Park and we can get our first away league win
Can’t see Holmes being here, Browne after the last 2 games his attitude stinks,so should he stay

There are add ons for the Kemar Roofe transfer (international call up, promotion, and I think after playing a certain number of games) but there is no sell on clause. Told that at the start of this season by someone who would know. Our best option would be for Leeds to go up this year.

As far as the Darryl Eales charge goes, that is capped at a certain level based on the stage payments of the original transfer. It's all on public record.

Back
Top Bottom