There has to be something going on..

Ox4Eva

Lots of rumours but the club has remained silent, even with the debacle on the pitch it seems that those behind the scenes have other things on their mind.

I really hope there is a grand plan to resolve our problems off the pitch but surely what is happening on the pitch is vital as well!

I know they maybe cannot rush things if there are legal implications but we really seem to be a rudderless ship just now..

I guess we need to hope this is the case. Otherwise, if the current state of affairs is to be considered 'business-as-usual' then we are truly up poop creek without a paddle...

Lots of rumours but the club has remained silent, even with the debacle on the pitch it seems that those behind the scenes have other things on their mind.

I really hope there is a grand plan to resolve our problems off the pitch but surely what is happening on the pitch is vital as well!

I know they maybe cannot rush things if there are legal implications but we really seem to be a rudderless ship just now..

No matter what’s going on off the pitch whether that be buying the stadium, moving to a new one, new owner etc, we’ve still got a team which is a bag of shite until January, and a manager that has lost the plot/starting to show an arrogance.

Time for OxVox to take a stand and make a statement. The concerns of the supporters need addressing and as a member, I am asking for those concerns to be voiced and given credence by a recognised body.

Have to say as an OXVOX member I am perturbed by their silence. I can understand that they may know more and it's a delicate situation with legal issues etc.

I understand that, but as the voice of the fans they should be taking a lead and speaking up!!

I am a supporter of OXVOX and this is not a dig but we need more from them....

I'm sort of pinning my hopes on the "something going on" theory as well. However, that's probably because I don't want to contemplate the alternatives.

Such as, Tiger can't fund the solution to our dilemmas so we drift on until he can find a partner(s) who can. This takes months, the January window resembles the 2018 one. Relegated by Easter, Scum fluke the L2 play offs and our free fall continues. Can't happen (again) can it?

Actually, do yourselves a favour and ignore me!

Spoke to a long standing Reading fan this morning. His fear for Oxford is that Tiger will asset strip the club. He has previous form at Reading and was more interested in developing houses around the area for profit than helping Reading FC. Now he plans the same again.
Developing the car park into houses he could do very nicely if he can persuade the powers to be.
It looks very much like we have a Mk 2 Kassam, whose not interested in us falling down to L2. Will he sack Robinson?
It will cost him and he won’t want to pay.
I just hope our great club is not going to be exposed to the National League once more as I feel we might well struggle to get back to the league again.
I bet there’s plenty on here who would like Charlie back, but it ain’t going to happen now.
I’ll be there cheering on Saturday but I worry about the lack of communication from the chairman who seems to be always somewhere else. I wonder how much of this debacle is actually down to Robinson. We would all like a striker her as it is frustrating watching chances created only to see the likes of Obika squander them.
There are players who shouldn’t be here, ones that will be recalled and players that give their all, Henry, Eastwood and Holmes but other than that we are where we are

Spoke to a long standing Reading fan this morning. His fear for Oxford is that Tiger will asset strip the club. He has previous form at Reading and was more interested in developing houses around the area for profit than helping Reading FC. Now he plans the same again.
Developing the car park into houses he could do very nicely if he can persuade the powers to be.
It looks very much like we have a Mk 2 Kassam, whose not interested in us falling down to L2. Will he sack Robinson?
I just hope our great club is not going to be exposed to the National League once more as I feel we might well struggle to get back to the league again.
I bet there’s plenty on here who would like Charlie back, but it ain’t going to happen now.
I’ll be there cheering on Saturday but I worry about the lack of communication from the chairman who seems to be always somewhere else. I wonder how much of this debacle is actually down to Robinson. We would all like a striker her as it is frustrating watching chances created only to see the likes of Obika squander them.
There are players who shouldn’t be here, ones that will be recalled and players that give their all, Henry, Eastwood and Holmes but other than that we are where we are

A Reading fan that cares about OUFC, there's a first ?

Difference is as has been mentioned previously we as a club don't really have any assets to strip, we don't own the ground, we own no land so what could he strip?

My worry is that there is no plan, hope I am wrong!

Asset strip what? Yes, he could try to buy the stadium and land with it ie car parks with a view to housing but that wouldn't much change our situation (unless he signs and even worst licence agreement for the club, somehow).

Plymouth will be a watershed moment for us.

A draw/loss and things could get pretty nasty pretty quick.

Twin this with *possible* updates come the end of October and by the start of November would could be in a seriously bad position.

Imagine the situation...bottom of the league, just lost to Plymouth, no news from Tiger, no movement on Thohir coming in.

Have to say it looks gloomy right now. I want a win Saturday but if that keeps Robinson till Christmas I don’t know how I’ll feel

Difference is as has been mentioned previously we as a club don't really have any assets to strip, we don't own the ground, we own no land so what could he strip?

*Tinfoil hat alert*

If Tiger can 'strip' the club away from the K*$$*m Stadium, enabling ol' Firoz to cash in on the land for housing development, I'm sure he will be handsomely rewarded.

Tiger can then leave the club at Court Place Farm if it continues its current descent and walk away. Or, if planning permission is given, do a K*$$*m and build a new stadium with surrounding retail & commercial opportunities somewhere else in the county e.g. Bicester. From which the football club would receive the square root of diddly-squat in financial benefits (more likely, it would end up paying exorbitant rent for the privilege of playing at the new-stad).

*Tinfoil hat alert*

If Tiger can 'strip' the club away from the K*$$*m Stadium, enabling ol' Firoz to cash in on the land for housing development, I'm sure he will be handsomely rewarded.

Tiger can then leave the club at Court Place Farm if it continues its current descent and walk away. Or, if planning permission is given, do a K*$$*m and build a new stadium with surrounding retail & commercial opportunities somewhere else in the county e.g. Bicester. From which the football club would receive the square root of diddly-squat in financial benefits (more likely, it would end up paying exorbitant rent for the privilege of playing at the new-stad).

deje vu

One problem is that there actually doesn't have to be something going on. It may just be that Tiger's a crazy fantasist who imagines he can run a football club in the same way that Robinson's a demented loon who pretends he is managing a football team.

Thohir runs a media group and has got general elections to fix in April, his families are billionaires. Giecke runs funds that manage billions, Nuseibah is in charge of 54 million at Floreat and his family are (as I pointed out) seriously minted. 2 of these have signed up as directors to Oxford.

Why? It's way too small for them to be involved personally unless there is some massive deal involving property. I can't see any of them having an interest in football (Thohir has presided over a massive decline at Inter, by their standards).

I put it to you that in this context the performance of the football team is virtually an irrelevance. Tiger is going to phone Erick Giecke's office on Monday after we lose to Plymouth and scream "Sir! Sir! Oxford are 4 points adrift at the bottom of league 1!! You have to do something now!!"? Dream on.

I may be wrong - a time may come when the disintegration of the team threatens the deal; when that will be is anyone's guess.

On a cheerier note: stadium deals have come by and disappeared into the sand, what happens if / when this one goes the same way?

*Tinfoil hat alert*

It’s one scenario, but Tiger is nowhere near wealthy enough to do that, is he? From my understanding of it, we essentially inherited a new owner who was at the best as wealthy as DE but situated 6000 miles away. To me, he never looked like the guy to kick us on to the next level.

Unless these new investors are the speculators behind a greater plan to accumulate more whilst using OUFC. Why would these wealthy guys listen to a small fry like Tiger though?

It’s one scenario, but Tiger is nowhere near wealthy enough to do that, is he? From my understanding of it, we essentially inherited a new owner who was at the best as wealthy as DE but situated 6000 miles away. To me, he never looked like the guy to kick us on to the next level.

Unless these new investors are the speculators behind a greater plan to accumulate more whilst using OUFC. Why would these wealthy guys listen to a small fry like Tiger though?

Tiger comes across a middle-man, his business is to be connected and put buyers and sellers together and cream off a % as a reward. Obviously, there is a scent of opportunity to do a deal involving K*$$*m and the land and these other fellows have money to make it a reality.

The football club is a key to the deal - an enabler to planning permission for the new development. Without the club, it would be a challenge to get the necessary permissions - plus there's an opportunity to extract rent from it as is the case now. Other than that, it's probably considered a shiny toy whose novelty is beginning to wear off very quickly.

We have fallen down the rabbit hole into Alice in Wonderland. Apart from the complete non-performance of the management 'team' and the 'team' on the pitch, we have seemingly been bought (on tick) by an ineffectual, disorganised man with little money of his own but some moneyed contacts whose motives for (perhaps) getting involved with the club are completely unclear. With a part time MD (!) and an absentee owner there seems to be little control over what is happening day to day (yes, I know he can email and Skype, but that is not the same as actually being there) and the club has managed to make a fractious relationship with Kassam even worse (perhaps not difficult, but perhaps not very sensible either). With constant promises of 'jam tomorrow' both on and off the pitch, some people are prepared to swallow whatever crap is fed to them - but none of us can do very much about it at all.
The current hope that some bloke from Inter (who has presided over a slump for them and is reviled by their support) will bring his multimillions to the club, sort out the stadium situation and allow us to 'do a Bournemouth' because 'Oxford is a marketable brand' seems like wishful thinking to me (perhaps unfortunately). If things aren't sorted quickly, we will be in L2 next season in all likelihood, stuck in a stadium we can't leave but can't afford to play in, with our best players sold to bridge the gap and a team made up of ageing journeyman crocks, promising youngsters and a few loanees.
I'm off to buy a EuroMillions ticket...

He's the agent, the finder. (Edit: further to Navegante's post above) he holds the key that may open a lucrative door.

Maybe a better question is "what will they pay Tiger for finding the opportunity?". Not a lot, I'd suggest. At best maybe they build him a stadium in their vast, prestige Oxford project.

Which begs the question of where this prestige project will be in Oxford. A Deutsches Haus in Sandy Lane? Moving the Church of the Holy Sepulchre to Christ Church Meadow? Or taking on Guerriero's Oxford City Worldwide Television News Network?

Good posts from @PC, @Navegante, @unification, @ZeroTheHero.

Getting really angry now.

The aim here is to extricate OUFC from the stadium to allow lucrative development. It's not pure asset-stripping as there are obviously no current assets to strip.

OUFC the club is irrelevant to Tiger, Thohior, Griecke, Nuseibah, Floreat and any other speculative parasites who might get involved. They don't care if we end up homeless or playing on a recreation ground in Bicester.

The club is simply a mess. Absent owner, ineffective manager, stadium owner we can't deal with, part time MD. The list goes on.

Unless something significant happens - and I can't imagine what that might be right now - we'll be playing 'who'll finish bottom?' with Plymouth throughout the season.

Whether we lose on Saturday or win 4-0 is irrelevant. Robinson is going nowhere as he's a convenient part of Tiger's consortium's longer term plan.

No doubt the new housing scheme at Grenoble Road will have to be called 'Kassam Meadows' or something equally obnoxious. Get your name down now.

Excellent post and probably sums up the majority feeling around the majority of the supporters. The fact that there is little or no information being shared by the club or indeed Oxvox adds to our frustrations. We follow football because we enjoy the game and we follow OUFC because they are OUR team and for many of us we live for each game. The current situation is not conducive to maintaining a positive following. Come on let’s be aving you.

Back
Top Bottom