The year of the Tiger

Fair point. There were lots of people at the time very worried he was going to go.

Really interesting thread with many valid points

Unfortunately it scares the s**t out of me.

I know we have been through dark times before,but this has a feeling of impending doom.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic but I suppose it has taken my mind of the Centre forward and Centre half issue which now seem trivial in comparison

Really interesting thread with many valid points

Unfortunately it scares the s**t out of me.

I know we have been through dark times before,but this has a feeling of impending doom.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic but I suppose it has taken my mind of the Centre forward and Centre half issue which now seem trivial in comparison

Agree with your impending doom sentiment. So long as I can turn up on a Saturday, have a few beers, watch my team, celebrate a goal or two, I generally don’t really care what’s going on behind the scenes (naive I know but I generally don’t find t worth worrying about things over which I have precisely zero control, such as the ownership structure of a football club). However, this thread, and the detailed Fans View from Paul B earlier, have left me with a real concern that even that simple reality may not exist in a couple of years time. Actually looking at the numbers of the clubs finances and the legal and financial documents that exist online, as linked in the Fans View thread, has got me really worried.

Honestly, as suggested higher up the thread, I would rather we were a club in the mould of Accrington, living within our means and keeping our heads above the water, even if that’s in League 2, than a Bury or a Bolton. Losses of more than 2m a year, with any benefit we see from transfer fees literally going straight to our ex-owner, is quite simply unsustainable.

I saw these. Glad that Erick Thohir is still visibly supportive of the club after having to leave the board.

Comments "SD won't be around forever to bail us out" haven't aged well!

I guess in football a year is a very long time.

Well Donald and Methven and Sartori (and the bag carriers) were all jolly Sunderland fans drinking pints until the fans and accountants worked them out.

Will we be in a situation if things go tits up that we regret Tiger running around topless in Ireland and Zaki playing tunes on the piano ?

As platitudes to the fans who lap up a bit of engagement.

I don’t mind counting myself here, I had a pint or two from Darryl Eales.

If this is true I hope they haven’t backed the wrong horse. The OCC and OU are notoriously difficult to deal with when it comes to planning. I don’t think they could’ve picked a trickier part of the country - unless they know something we don’t?!
Not any more.... build build build rather than no no no - pressure on the council ramped up. You cannot survive long term in CH with our capacity and if we cant get permission to build a new ground quickly, with an oppo like this and an extra 30m£ a year revenues, then we never will and so would then be unattractive to any new owner - uninvestable. What about Becks? RO said he "loves Oxford"... just to live? In truth we now need a chairman with clout not just ambition - assuming we beat WWFC of course. IMO he has taken us as far as he can. Skybet offering 200-1 on Wycombe to win 9-0 and even pricing 11-0. Had to laugh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom