The Winter Cricket thread

How long until we get the oner? T10 seems a bit silly but if it gets more bums on seats, I can see why it's happening in cricket mad nations..

Time to fire this one up again. I’ll start with this very odd paragraph from the first warm-up game…

“The two-day game ended in a draw as the hosts closed on 203-19 in reply to England's 317-10 in Barbados.”

I thought we would lose in Sri Lanka but should win in the WI.
We didcreallt well in SL and need a repeat now.

The warmup game was a bit of a joke, you need to question the worth when you are bowling out a team twice just about in a day.

The tour, can't wait, something special about playing in the WI, we should win, but with our top order you can't be sure of anything.

Not impressed with Wood being called yo to replace Stone. For me it was a good chance to a look at the excellent young quick in Jamie Porter or Essex. Had a very good season domestically and is a real prospect. Wood averages around the 40’s which in test cricket, for an impact bowler, is very high..

Not impressed with Wood being called yo to replace Stone. For me it was a good chance to a look at the excellent young quick in Jamie Porter or Essex. Had a very good season domestically and is a real prospect. Wood averages around the 40’s which in test cricket, for an impact bowler, is very high..
Porter is on the Lions tour to India I believe, which I guess long term will be more beneficial to him than acting as a nets bowler with the senior squad. I couldn't see him getting in the starting XI.

Broad has been dropped for the test, with perhaps the longest batting line up in history. Pitch is tacky, so could make it fun to bat and bowl on.

WI batting first. They are playing no spinners, we are playing two! Should be an interesting first session....

Think you might find they are now

Crikey. Only managed to listen to the last hour of that, but a good hour to listen to.

Anyone know if Channel 4/5 are showing highlights? Can’t see anything online? I’m away all this week.

Good day of test match cricket. England never really let the West Indies get away and the new ball charge has left us in a good position. Take the last 2 early tomorrow and if we can manage to not find ourselves 20-3 for a change we should be able to get a good lead.

Good day of test match cricket. England never really let the West Indies get away and the new ball charge has left us in a good position. Take the last 2 early tomorrow and if we can manage to not find ourselves 20-3 for a change we should be able to get a good lead.
Here's hoping

Crikey. Only managed to listen to the last hour of that, but a good hour to listen to.

Anyone know if Channel 4/5 are showing highlights? Can’t see anything online? I’m away all this week.
I saw the early part of the day and it was a large phase of the game where nothing happened! Had other things to do in the evening and then...

I doubt there will be highlights on TV, but maybe online somewhere.

No TMS and no terrestrial TV highlights.

How’s that ‘growing the game’ going, ECB?

We all know it but how good is James Anderson? Given this form, he’ll still be taking wickets for England at the age of 50!

It looks as if Broad is being phased out but Anderson keeps going.
I reckon it is best them not retiring at the same time so maybe no bad thing.
I'm not sure whether Currans bowling is good enough yet though?

Curran is a swing bowler, and not hugely tall. If the ball isn't swinging, he can't generate any great pace and looks a bit ordinary. Great in English conditions though. We do really need to find/develop an express speed quick bowler pretty quickly, it's the one thing missing.

Curran is a swing bowler, and not hugely tall. If the ball isn't swinging, he can't generate any great pace and looks a bit ordinary. Great in English conditions though. We do really need to find/develop an express speed quick bowler pretty quickly, it's the one thing missing.

Jamie Overton maybe? A rabbit with the bat but at 6’5’’ he can send a few rapid deliveries down the wicket.

I'm not that bothered if a bowler or two can't bat TBH, as long as they are good enough to justify their place on their bowling.

Jofra Archer?

Back
Top Bottom