Ex Player The weekend I went to Bangor (NI)

Sarge

God like member
G ave me youngest daughter away at her Wedding in Northern Ireland

during MY speech, kind of obviously, a few anecdotes about her first few matches at the Ma asked if I remembered Paul Brne who was signed by OUFC...eventunor were shared...later that evening a few of the grooms relatives introduced themselves as Bangor FC supporters...and eventually went from OUFC *to Celtic ( & scored the winner, unusaully for Celtic, in a high profile European club game) think that was all in the early '90s?

as a localish Bangor lad he is remembered fondly by them as one of their own who went on to do well

* As they didn't mention it, politely neither did I , ( as an aside, Paul Byrne was definitely a talented player, though he could've given Joey a run for his money as a gambler), but didn't Paul Byrne leave OUFC (for Celtic, )under a bit of a cloud of some sort- which being pre-forum/internet era, was kind of hushed up(by OUFC)?

aside 2 - Im reliably told, theres a number of Bangor FC fans who have, since Paul Byrne came to OUFC, been keeping an eye and an interest in OUFC fortunes!

several of them (Bangor FC fans) went to Wembley for the conference playoff final v York to cheer on OUFC !

He did leave under a cloud, heard rumours at the time but nothing I can remember. I can remember it didn't involve a Banana and a youth team player.

No doubt a talented player and a pity he never made it for us, whatever the reason.

If I remember correctly he could drink ten pints, then drink ten more.......

I can as well, 10 pints between Monday and Sunday & then 10 more between the following Monday and Sunday.
That can vary!

We used to drink in the quarry gate after oxford games, we went in one Saturday after a game Byrne had played the full 90 minutes and he got in there before we did, and we walked straight there.

We used to drink in the quarry gate after oxford games, we went in one Saturday after a game Byrne had played the full 90 minutes and he got in there before we did, and we walked straight there.
Perhaps you stopped off at the Royal Standard for a " taster" on the way. You are known for that sort of thing!!

G ave me youngest daughter away at her Wedding in Northern Ireland

during MY speech, kind of obviously, a few anecdotes about her first few matches at the Ma asked if I remembered Paul Brne who was signed by OUFC...eventunor were shared...later that evening a few of the grooms relatives introduced themselves as Bangor FC supporters...and eventually went from OUFC *to Celtic ( & scored the winner, unusaully for Celtic, in a high profile European club game) think that was all in the early '90s?

as a localish Bangor lad he is remembered fondly by them as one of their own who went on to do well

* As they didn't mention it, politely neither did I , ( as an aside, Paul Byrne was definitely a talented player, though he could've given Joey a run for his money as a gambler), but didn't Paul Byrne leave OUFC (for Celtic, )under a bit of a cloud of some sort- which being pre-forum/internet era, was kind of hushed up(by OUFC)?

aside 2 - Im reliably told, theres a number of Bangor FC fans who have, since Paul Byrne came to OUFC, been keeping an eye and an interest in OUFC fortunes!

several of them (Bangor FC fans) went to Wembley for the conference playoff final v York to cheer on OUFC !

You gave her away? You do know you could have got good money for her, right?

He was a thief and stole off his own team mates, surprised you found any tims in Bangor. I have been there loads and never seen any!

Back
Top Bottom