General The ‘U’s’....

Does anyone even actually refer to us as the "U's" outside of journalists?

At the games, people shout yellows/ united anyway as it is. Never heard anyone shout come on you "u's"

Did you see at Hayes and Yeading? There was a fan who had obviously had a few and was ranting away about how he was a proper fan in the 1980s and the nickname should be back to what it was.

Was the guy very drunk? Me and a friend had to dodge a man pissed out of his head, going on about the 1980's, we thought he wouldn't make it in as he was so out of it. Last seen walking down the road shouting SMHS.

At the games, people shout yellows/ united anyway as it is. Never heard anyone shout come on you "u's"

As far as the press is concerned, there is only one United...

I do ;)

We should be called the Einsteins. Einstein paid three visits to oxford in the 1930s.

Listening to Jack Fm on the radio at work this morning I was impressed with the level of promotion from the club on there. There was an advert regarding the festive package offer, and one of the competitions included match day tickets. However, the DJs kept referring- obviously correctly to the team as They U’s’ and I couldn’t help thinking what a crap nickname we have. Does anybody know where it originated from and by whom? Also, with us, hopefully, at the dawn of an exciting new era under our forward thinking board, involving re-branding and fingers crossed a new home, is it time for a rethink on it? Do people have any possible ideas on what a new name could be and do they even think a nickname is that important to a club’s identity anyway?

Did you mean to say They U’s?

I hate the fact that it’s shared with Colchester and Cambridge. I’d like our own for sure

This, 100%.

Trouble is, anything contrived is almost certainly bound to be crap - hon. mention when Sunderland changed from Rokerites to the Black Cats. I appreciate there was some history behind it, but it’s still rubbish.

Didn’t actually mind Sarge’s “Martyrs”!

“Cavaliers” would be a local one, but unfortunately is completely gash. What else is there that’s local that doesn’t involve University Dons or Tories?

Well to give Tiger some credit he hasn't tried to rebrand us with some gimmicky nickname like tried with Hull Tigers, or come up with a new club song like They Call Us the Royals. Or Cardiff switch from playing from blue to red.

Why not simply "The Ox"?
.... maybe ( more recent in real terms) Oufc mascot ....( and his 'female' Oufc counterpart)... Ollie ...(and Olivia)
may have something to say about that? :sneaky:

478full-olly-the-ox.jpg

Back
Top Bottom