The Stadium.....the clock is ticking.

Tiger has stated that the stadium is not a priority at the moment. I agree with Denis, it would be better for Oxvox to speak with Tiger before doing anything without his approval. Maybe they have already discussed this with him and he is happy for Jem to meet with Firoz later this month. Jem May be able to confirm if he has had these discussions with Tiger and that he is fully behind any meeting between the two as DE was.

Tiger has stated that the stadium is not a priority at the moment. I agree with Denis, it would be better for Oxvox to speak with Tiger before doing anything without his approval. Maybe they have already discussed this with him and he is happy for Jem to meet with Firoz later this month. Jem May be able to confirm if he has had these discussions with Tiger and that he is fully behind any meeting between the two as DE was.

He did say that and I have to say that was a worry. I'm sure conversations have gone on with Tiger about the stadium but if it is not a priority for him then it still needs to be for us. I have never met Tiger and I wish him all the best but it might be that his plan involves pushing to reach the Championship with the possibility of a tilt at the gravy train and selling within five years. If that is the case why tackle the thorny issue? If that happens then we are left perilously close the the end of our licence and no further forward. If we arrive at renewal day with no option but to re sign at the same rate I'm pretty sure most of us realise that that is all we will be offered and that to me would be the real 'sleepwalking into disaster' that some have been throwing up in relation to relegation. Just as when DE was unable to continue dialogue with Kassam I am sure Jem and others at OxVox are looking to do what they can do to provide a solution to what is one of the biggest issues we face but given the timescale, effort required and the ongoing (un)civil war is that fair to just assume they will sort it alone? We have within our fanbase every expert required to call on to help move this forward. Are we willing to try or should we just go back to squabbling about past grievances that most of us know little about and care even less about.

Last edited:
The stadium is actually a health risk as far as the urinals go the one on the outside wall in the north stand has had fag ash in the same place since last season (it now has a web on it to) meaning they never get cleaned...Tiger if you see this post can you see if a bleach and jet wash can be sorted out?

-Cheers

The stadium is actually a health risk as far as the urinals go the one on the outside wall in the north stand has had fag ash in the same place since last season (it now has a web on it to) meaning they never get cleaned...Tiger if you see this post can you see if a bleach and jet wash can be sorted out?

-Cheers
Blimey when the spiders take up smoking. in a non smoking stadium, its a sure sign the landlord has allowed the breeze block to join the Priory (also under his tenure) as a decaying, filthy slum like structure o_Oo_Oo_O

I’m so looking forward to seeing tiger at his first fans forum, how he reacts to sarge asking about the state of the bogs will tell us all we need to know about our new chairman

As I said one of the options might be renew the lease on as best terms as you can afford, these terms might not be such a financial issue if we were in the championship, a lease can't be moved up and down as you are suggesting and in the time frame if we have to renew a lease we should have a clearer direction on where the club is going.
What you have said might be right or wrong, but you have to look at our future as a business model not personal like or dislike of the FK.

No way do we want to renew the lease, dead money, we need a new ground and leave the little man in his tinpot poxy stadium, it will be a disaster if we did!!!

No way do we want to renew the lease, dead money, we need a new ground and leave the little man in his tinpot poxy stadium, it will be a disaster if we did!!!
When you say "we" who are you talking about?
Is that your opinion not knowing the financial structure our new owner has in place.
Is that your opinion not knowing going forward what deal might be struck to make the financial situation at the club presumingly better.
Is that your opinion trying to dictate to someone who has control of our club what direction to go and how to spend their money.

Has some reasonably priced land locally come to light to purchase.
Has the money and how it's going to be financed for building the stadium been sorted.
Has the local authorities got a structured plan for any new stadium footprint on this elusive site.

Do we know if the new club owner have spoken to the ground owner about, buying the ground, extending the lease at better terms, even talking to each other about the best way to take the ground issue forward.

It might be that Tiger is happy to pay the "rent" because his plan is shorter that the duration of the existing lease, get into the championship and cash in, who knows?

The ground situation and our future residence needs clarification, there has been some ground work done by a couple of groups over the last few years, we are still no further forward in what we know as fans, as the OP states the clock is ticking but we are in the hands of the owner of the club and the ground on any outcome.

It's frustrating for everyone, but it still might be too early in Tigers tenure for anything to be sorted.

because that is truly what he is!!
OUFC need away from FK, either buying the stadium, building a new ground or ground sharing @ MK Dons, to force FK's hand in negotiations, as suggested by DE Jan17.

We might be able to negotiate better terms. Original terms were obviously in FK 100% favour, as he owned the OUFC and Stadium.

When you say "we" who are you talking about?
Is that your opinion not knowing the financial structure our new owner has in place.
Is that your opinion not knowing going forward what deal might be struck to make the financial situation at the club presumingly better.
Is that your opinion trying to dictate to someone who has control of our club what direction to go and how to spend their money.

Has some reasonably priced land locally come to light to purchase.
Has the money and how it's going to be financed for building the stadium been sorted.
Has the local authorities got a structured plan for any new stadium footprint on this elusive site.

Do we know if the new club owner have spoken to the ground owner about, buying the ground, extending the lease at better terms, even talking to each other about the best way to take the ground issue forward.

It might be that Tiger is happy to pay the "rent" because his plan is shorter that the duration of the existing lease, get into the championship and cash in, who knows?

The ground situation and our future residence needs clarification, there has been some ground work done by a couple of groups over the last few years, we are still no further forward in what we know as fans, as the OP states the clock is ticking but we are in the hands of the owner of the club and the ground on any outcome.

It's frustrating for everyone, but it still might be too early in Tigers tenure for anything to be sorted.
I appreciate the post. Thoughtful.

The value of commercial property drops sharply if no tenant is in situ. But IMOP FK is planning to let lease run down. Apply for planning for a housing on all his land holdings including stadium footprint and sell it the highest bidder. Land in Oxfordshire with planning for large scale housing trades at £1m per acre. FK can not lose, unless OCC refuse planning but that isn't going to happen esp with a split council.

As the site purchased by Mr K was 10 acres in size and a considerable amount of that now has hotels, leisure facilities and a wucking great car park for the above, he's not going to get many millions for the balance - the [eventual] sale of what could become another Priory in his property portfolio could well be his preferred option.....

The value of commercial property drops sharply if no tenant is in situ. But IMOP FK is planning to let lease run down. Apply for planning for a housing on all his land holdings including stadium footprint and sell it the highest bidder. Land in Oxfordshire with planning for large scale housing trades at £1m per acre. FK can not lose, unless OCC refuse planning but that isn't going to happen esp with a split council.
No that isnt going to happen.
The club can renew the licence on the same terms as the original licence.
So FK cant simply let the lease run down and sell it to the highest bidder .....

I heard last week that the steel structure wasn’t treated after sitting in the great British weather for years and it’s now rotting away, why would we want a building that’s falling down.

I heard last week that the steel structure wasn’t treated after sitting in the great British weather for years and it’s now rotting away, why would we want a building that’s falling down.
Is that just heresay or do you or from where you heard have real evidence for that?

I heard there are new carpets all along the south stand boxes because the steel supports holding up the ceilings collapsed and flooded the place due to corrosion.

Back
Top Bottom