The Stadium.....the clock is ticking.

I think the bus takes up the same number of spaces regardless of who parks it? I'm not a physicist, mind.

It would force his hand because the entire site was secured against the perceived long term security of a football tenant, namely oufc. It would look bad for the council to admit that kassam had a free reign to screw the club into moving to a shared facility. Kassam wants the overflow and the right to redevelop the whole site if he could. He fears the council might block any redevelopment of the site in this scenario, or at least make it difficult to redevelop. Kassam needs the council onside. It is the only strong card in our hand.

How on earth will that "force Kassam's hand"? He gets eight years of rent without even the need to pay money on basic stadium maintenance, then at the end more than likely a change of use application approved in order to knock down the stadium and make further millions for housing.

We meanwhile will be paying rent on one stadium, board on another (which won't meet league regulations even if it somehow snuck through) and have absolutely nothing at the end to show for it.

By all means explore other sites, but the "groundshare" idea being put out there is the very essence of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Agree bazzer , you can't talk to this bloke
It's time for action , we as fans can put pressure on his business interest .
Why oh why people still buy food and drink from the stadium is beyond me , hit him where it hurts .
And the council can stop pandering to him , hit him hard over the priory debacle .

Because in the whole cosmic scheme of things the food and drink amounts to peanuts. I’m sure if Kassam could wiggle his way out of having to provide this service he would.

We are talking about millions of pounds as far as Kassam is concerned and quite frankly a few snacks isn’t even going to hurt him, although it probably would impact on people losing their jobs at the stadium.

Agree bazzer , you can't talk to this bloke
It's time for action , we as fans can put pressure on his business interest .
Why oh why people still buy food and drink from the stadium is beyond me , hit him where it hurts .
And the council can stop pandering to him , hit him hard over the priory debacle .

Because in the whole cosmic scheme of things the food and drink amounts to peanuts. I’m sure if Kassam could wiggle his way out of having to provide this service he would.

We are talking about millions of pounds as far as Kassam is concerned and quite frankly a few snacks isn’t even going to hurt him, although it probably would impact on people losing their jobs at the stadium.

And not buying food and drink at the stadium doesn’t effect him one little bit. All it does is make life hard for an Oufc supporting family who run the catering

And not buying food and drink at the stadium doesn’t effect him one little bit. All it does is make life hard for an Oufc supporting family who run the catering

Are they? It’s a Swindon based company, that also caters for Wycombe, so I wasn’t aware. Looking a little closer, I’m surprised they aren’t Scum fans - Wiltshire based company originally launched in ‘58 (Farrs Catering is only a few years old; also Swindon based). All their records etc are listed as Swindon addresses.

So yeah, bit surprised if that’s the case.

I don't think he needs the council as much as we hope. Planning laws are planning laws and firoz has deep pockets for a legal battle

Exactly my worry. The council have offered Kassam an easy route to developing the overflow carpark by selling us the ground for a reasonable price and his initial reaction was 'i'm not a charity'. We need to find a way to either make the sale offer more appealing, to work out a licence (rent) that works for us and allows us to make the place our own and enjoy the revenue from it, or we need find a viable plot for a new stadium (while working out a way to fund it). Sitting on our hands while calling Kassam all the names under the sun is just playing into his hands.

Are they? It’s a Swindon based company, that also caters for Wycombe, so I wasn’t aware. Looking a little closer, I’m surprised they aren’t Scum fans - Wiltshire based company originally launched in ‘58 (Farrs Catering is only a few years old; also Swindon based). All their records etc are listed as Swindon addresses.

So yeah, bit surprised if that’s the case.

It is the case, the owner came on the old forum to explain it several times as some fans have completely the wrong idea. They pay a fee each year. Everything they earn/or lose after that goes to them not Kassam. So not buying a pie really doesn’t effect Kassam in the slightest. They also contributed large sums to several collections, the Swindon ultras display I think was one. And have said that at the point they do actually start making a profit (haven’t as yet) they will be happy to agree a share of that profit going back to the club

It is the case, the owner came on the old forum to explain it several times as some fans have completely the wrong idea. They pay a fee each year. Everything they earn/or lose after that goes to them not Kassam. So not buying a pie really doesn’t effect Kassam in the slightest. They also contributed large sums to several collections, the Swindon ultras display I think was one. And have said that at the point they do actually start making a profit (haven’t as yet) they will be happy to agree a share of that profit going back to the club

It would have had an effect on him ultimately as no one would buy the lease.

It would have had an effect on him ultimately as no one would buy the lease.

Someone will always do it, and although a little pricey it’s much much better than what it was with the previous company. And if used the club gets a share of the profits. If there was no catering people would be moaning the club should sort it

I know their arrangement with Kassam and knew they gave some money to the Ultras, roughly the same time as some people were discussing a boycott of the stadium food and drink, if I remember rightly. I just didn't know they said they were Oxford fans, which I find a bit surprising as they appear to have been born in Swindon (or Wiltshire). They live there and all there businesses have been based there, too. Pessimist? Maybe. But I think it's more to do with the fact that I couldn't imagine being an Oxford born scummer.

But yes, to your original point, it wouldn't make a bit of difference to Kassam, I agree. It will be interesting to look at their accounts in a few months to see how they're progressing. Baring in mind they also cater for Wycombe, I don't think it'll be long before they're turning a nice profit.

I know their arrangement with Kassam and knew they gave some money to the Ultras, roughly the same time as some people were discussing a boycott of the stadium food and drink, if I remember rightly. I just didn't know they said they were Oxford fans, which I find a bit surprising as they appear to have been born in Swindon (or Wiltshire). They live there and all there businesses have been based there, too. Pessimist? Maybe. But I think it's more to do with the fact that I couldn't imagine being an Oxford born scummer.

But yes, to your original point, it wouldn't make a bit of difference to Kassam, I agree. It will be interesting to look at their accounts in a few months to see how they're progressing. Baring in mind they also cater for Wycombe, I don't think it'll be long before they're turning a nice profit.

Exactly, imagine if everyone stopped drinking in the stadium bars and instead drank under the concourses. Oufc could be making a share of the profits

I imagine one thing the owners of the club won't say in negotiations with the owner of the stadium is that he's a 'horrible little man', as is your considered opinion. It's a cop out to insist we should have a plan 'b and c' (as you did) without even being able to suggest what those plans might be.

Tell you what, I think Richard Branson should buy out both Eales and Kassam, put £500 million in a trust fund for OUFC and hope we make it to the Premier League so he can recoup his money. How's that for a plan?

What have you heard Pete :):cry::)

Back
Top Bottom