The Stadium.....the clock is ticking.

Alright gobby I think you get my meaning 299k. But why are you dealing with those prat’s at OCC

Oh dear, can't you take a little joke Einstein?

If you're referring to my work with OxVox, in respect of OCC, would you prefer it if we refused to talk to anybody? That would work really well wouldn't it.

There are to many well not so many but a few that seem to think we will be sorted with OCC and Kassam, well you’re u can dream but you haven’t got a cat in hells chance of getting anything out of them. Both OCC and Kassam are meeting with various people to try and look good, so much for the heads of teams for the potential sale it we will take a back seat as there are discussions about take overs so we will wait then approach Kassam to renegotiate the lease. Sartori 11th hour DE pulls out then all the ITK saying about tiger and that’s going to happen them all the doubts about tiger so many pages yet nothing not one iota of what is happening and DE going dumb and not talking for months. Now OCC who I thought were independent from OUFC say they will do a deal with Kassam to sell the club at a cheaper rate. Since when did the council want to but the stadium, and if they had bought the stadium then what charge us a very reduced rate To play there? Highly unlikely or sell the ground to a developer which would in include a new ground, more than likely but that will take years .

Oh dear, can't you take a little joke Einstein?

If you're referring to my work with OxVox, in respect of OCC, would you prefer it if we refused to talk to anybody? That would work really well wouldn't it.

Colin I did understand your joke and yes it’s great that you and Jem are talking but be honest not a lot has come to fruition from talks with either OCC or Kassam, I don’t honestly believe Kassam or Price have an ounce of dignity when they talk to Oxvox they probably show respect but they have no time for OUFC. I’m sorry if that sounds offensive but I believe that’s the hard facts .

There are to many well not so many but a few that seem to think we will be sorted with OCC and Kassam, well you’re u can dream but you haven’t got a cat in hells chance of getting anything out of them. Both OCC and Kassam are meeting with various people to try and look good, so much for the heads of teams for the potential sale it we will take a back seat as there are discussions about take overs so we will wait then approach Kassam to renegotiate the lease. Sartori 11th hour DE pulls out then all the ITK saying about tiger and that’s going to happen them all the doubts about tiger so many pages yet nothing not one iota of what is happening and DE going dumb and not talking for months. Now OCC who I thought were independent from OUFC say they will do a deal with Kassam to sell the club at a cheaper rate. Since when did the council want to but the stadium, and if they had bought the stadium then what charge us a very reduced rate To play there? Highly unlikely or sell the ground to a developer which would in include a new ground, more than likely but that will take years .

I give up.

We just won't talk to anybody or do anything, run around with our hands in our ears, and hope it's alright when we take them out.

EDIT. Just saw your post above, so let's just agree to disagree.

These last few posts pretty much sum up the whole situation. We do have to hope that by some miracle a solution can be found and people are working their butts off leaving no stone unturned in the pursuit of that. But.. jeez it is so bloody frustrating...

Sorry Dave T but I have come across this piece of news from where you got your news from.

OPPOSITION councillors have hit out at local Labour politicians for ‘agreeing to sky high house prices’ in the Barton Park development.

Check out the difference between agreeing to and setting. They agreed to it because it means they get the social housing built that they need. They did not set the asking price

Too many apologists on this thread. Kassam looking after himself might be fine and to be expected, but let's cut out the crap about being a great businessman, custodianship and best interests, it's utterly nauseating. Nothing he has done is in the least bit admirable. Nothing.

The reality, if we have to stay at his stadium, is that we need Kassam to play ball, I think everyone knows that. Calling him names is cathartic but doesn't achieve anything. However, I have come to the conclusion that he'll never do anything good for the club. Jem Faulkner, Colin, Simon etc have spent huge amounts of their time trying to bring FK to the table and they did so with their eyes wide open. He has dangled much in front of them, but when it comes to it, he always has a reason not to follow through, whether it's arbitration, naming rights, planning etc, there's always something. I don't see that changing and he appears far to clever to ever be brought to task, or have his plans derailed, by the Council(s). He continually runs roughshod over them and does so in the name of "custodianship". It makes me puke.

I don't ever expect him to be charitable to an owner of the club, but I do think that the fortune he has made off the back of his involvement with Oxford United and its fans should mean he can afford to take a fair approach with a community trust. He won't of course and he never will.

So so true, he’s a horrible little man, we need to move on and have a plan b and c.

The car parking at the stadium is not a joke. I've never understood this viewpoint. Sure, trying to leave is inconvenient at most.

We have one of the largest free football car parks in the country, probably the largest which doesn't charge entry actually. Dozens of the huge stadiums in this country don't even have car parking whatsoever. Every football car park I've been in for away games takes an age to empty, certainly not much different to ours.

Saying this, the poor location of the ground in relation to people using public transport means we do need this parking. If we were to lose the overflow, which looks very likely, we need to build a relationship with the adjacent science park to see if they would let fans use their multi-storey car parks on match days.

But overall, the car parking is one of the few positives at the breeze block. Happily sit there for a while after the game waiting for it to empty, it was free!

The car parking at the stadium is not a joke. I've never understood this viewpoint. Sure, trying to leave is inconvenient at most.

We have one of the largest free football car parks in the country, probably the largest which doesn't charge entry actually. Dozens of the huge stadiums in this country don't even have car parking whatsoever. Every football car park I've been in for away games takes an age to empty, certainly not much different to ours.

Saying this, the poor location of the ground in relation to people using public transport means we do need this parking. If we were to lose the overflow, which looks very likely, we need to build a relationship with the adjacent science park to see if they would let fans use their multi-storey car parks on match days.

But overall, the car parking is one of the few positives at the breeze block. Happily sit there for a while after the game waiting for it to empty, it was free!
I agree with your sentiments. X numbers of cars looking to leave any car park at the same time = delay.

Back
Top Bottom