The Stadium.....the clock is ticking.

I heard there are new carpets all along the south stand boxes because the steel supports holding up the ceilings collapsed and flooded the place due to corrosion.

That sounds like the suspended ceiling rather than anything structural. The structural steels will have been treated at the fabricators. I suspect a leak caused the problem until the weight of wet boards collapsed (hence the water).

The building is unfinished and unloved and in desperate need of money being spent on it but I imagine it is structurally sound. Having said that anyone buying the ground would be mad not to do their own structural survey.

That sounds like the suspended ceiling rather than anything structural. The structural steels will have been treated at the fabricators. I suspect a leak caused the problem until the weight of wet boards collapsed (hence the water).

The building is unfinished and unloved and in desperate need of money being spent on it but I imagine it is structurally sound. Having said that anyone buying the ground would be mad not to do their own structural survey.
I noticed on Saturday that there was also a substantial leak coming through the ceiling in the concourse of SSU

I noticed on Saturday that there was also a substantial leak coming through the ceiling in the concourse of SSU
The East Stand suffered with a leaky roof last season. Being of a more basic construction, it looked less dramatic but seems it eventually got fixed

Left over from the London welsh days probably

I heard there are new carpets all along the south stand boxes because the steel supports holding up the ceilings collapsed and flooded the place due to corrosion.
I can only confirm it was due to a bust pipe in Charlo's Manor Ground Suite.

I was told it was a burst pipe that caused the damage.

Back
Top Bottom