The silence is deafening!

The silence is also deafening from all of those 'in the know' who have "heard from someone close to the club who has never been wrong before".

Whatever happened to the imminent risk of administration that @myles was preaching about? Tiger being potless? The lawnmowers being repossessed? Or the groundsman not getting access to the training ground? Or the cold showers? Or unpaid hotel bills? Players not happy? @Junior_1 and the Sunderland "mutual zone"? @Mark Sennett splinter group and a call for action?

Surely that can't have all been forgotten because of a couple of wins?

The silence is also deafening from all of those 'in the know' who have "heard from someone close to the club who has never been wrong before".

Whatever happened to the imminent risk of administration that @myles was preaching about? Tiger being potless? The lawnmowers being repossessed? Or the groundsman not getting access to the training ground? Or the cold showers? Or unpaid hotel bills? Players not happy? @Junior_1 and the Sunderland "mutual zone"? @Mark Sennett splinter group and a call for action?

I guess Erik’s involved now!

Perhaps, when all is said and done, one now accepts that the current regime is not interested in engaging with the fanbase other than a few meaningless soundbites.

We've always been at the mercy of the shareholders (I don't believe the club has ever been controlled by the supporters) but never has this been starker. At least IL and Eales at least gave the impression that they occasionally listened to the hoi polloi.

Apathy is a huge risk, the talk online may have died down but actions speak louder than words. Season ticket sales will be interesting...

The running of the club is an absolute shambles in my opinion.

The on pitch performance is about on a par.

I guess Erik’s involved now!

I'd be very surprised. His campaign to re-elect the ruler of Indonesia is struggling.

"Mr Jokowi is one of the victims [of fake news] in the last few years," said Thohir, referring to the president's nickname.
Widodo has been falsely accused in rumors often spread online of being Christian, having Chinese ancestry or being a communist.
All are sensitive accusations in the Muslim-majority country where the communist party is banned and suspicions linger over the wealth of its ethnic Chinese community and the influence of Beijing.
The two main presidential campaigns have promised to run a clean race."

I wouldn't bank on him being much involved once it's over - "Thohir, 48, who has been touted as a potential future minister, said he would not seek a cabinet job if Widodo won and looked forward "to going back to reality" as a businessman after the election."

I'm struggling to see why Thohir would want to be significantly involved. Bar the extremely tenuous 'Oxford brand name' kudos or the chance to make money on a land deal that nobody knows about and would take years to come to fruition (if ever) - why on earth would he bother?

I'm struggling to see why Thohir would want to be significantly involved. Bar the extremely tenuous 'Oxford brand name' kudos or the chance to make money on a land deal that nobody knows about and would take years to come to fruition (if ever) - why on earth would he bother?
The thing that bugs me tiger brought in Erik and the other day Edson who by all accounts are billionaires, ok Indonesian elections are apparently hindering Thohir in getting involved but the other person? If they’re onboard for the name Oxford and are not here for any other reason, then they can do one unless they are going to invest in OUFC. But even if they do come the end of the Indonesian elections I fear it will be to late as an investment in January would have proved to be more useful to us.

So you put the paying of "bills on time" as an indication that Erick is now involved, interesting theory.
From now on then we should have no more concerns about any financial issues, happy days then.
All we need to do is secure our div 1 future and the sky's the limit..

Well, if it ain’t Erik then it must be someone else because I certainly don’t believe it’s Tiger.

What’s the saying? A tiger, I mean a leopard nevers changes it’s spots!

So basically you have no idea how the "bills" are getting paid.

How do you think I’d know when the FD & MD have no f*****g idea?!

Not so sure why you’re getting so uppity about my comments as they weren’t insinuating anything, other than merely suggesting that someone else might be involved as bills seem to be getting paid on time for change which I guess might not be too far from the truth.

Do another response so the usual suspects can follow you!

How do you think I’d know when the FD & MD have no f*****g idea?!

Not so sure why you’re getting so uppity about my comments as they weren’t insinuating anything, other than merely suggesting that someone else might be involved as bills seem to be getting paid on time for change which I guess might not be too far from the truth.

Do another response so the usual suspects can follow you!
Touchy, you made the comment about Erick as your opinion, I commented.
No drama there as with most people's opinions on here, there is nothing to back it up as fact.

The FD & MD might or might not know, there might be a perfectly good reason for not telling everyone.