The Return of the App

Witneyoldfella

What is the consensus of opinion regarding the reception Appy will receive on Boxing Day? My view will be that when he was with us he got it right eventually and that should be acknowledged , however after that reception the focus should be Robbos Team , 3 points and move on. Thoughts???

Unless you think that a new manager is going to achieve immediate success, Michael Appleton has to be considered an excellent manager for us, and I'd hope that he gets a warm and friendly greeting. Until the game starts, of course. And at the end of the game he should be applauded enthusiastically for having watched us take the three points easily.

Appy will get a warm reception because he built the best team we had for many years but ultimately he got greedy went after the money and we moved on we finally got a good manager after peps circus and we are doing better now than when he left so he moved on and so have we

I’m absolutely certain Appleton will get a warm reception and rightly so.

He built a superb squad of players, you only have to look at the likes of Roofe, Ledson, Rothwell, Lundstrum, Baldock, Dunkley, all Championship quality and above. If Eales had been able to fund a promotion push I’m sure Appleton would’ve achieved it.

However that’s all in the past, KR is the gaffer now and we have new exciting team. A home win is all that matters.

He deserves total respect for what he achieved with us, in my view. Robinson is our man now, hope we stuff Lincoln on Boxing Day. A warm round of applause is in order before kick-off then on with the game.

I’ve got no issue with MApp moving on after a couple of great years with us. We have a lot of good memories from that time and I’d say the model he built has to a large extent been used and improved by Tiger and KR. Wembley finals, giant killing, promotion and some sparkling football. Thanks MApp.

After a promotion, two Wembley appearances, an 8th place finish in league one, and generally turning us into a much more serious, professional club, with genuine ambition, and more vision than we'd had for many years, Mapp will always be remembered as one of the best managers we've ever had, and I'm sure he'll get the warm, appreciative reception that he deserves.

However, Robbo is our manager now, and is taking us to new heights, spearheading a new era at the club, creating an amazing atmosphere, on and off the pitch, so after the obvious and deserved warm reception for Mapp, it'll be Robbo's yellow army all the way!

Back
Top Bottom