The "Queen" on at 8pm?

Paul Cannell

Whatever you think about the 'royal family' it seems a bit early for our government to wheel out poor ole Brenda out when we're barely started going tits-up.

Perhaps it's part of what the royal family do in times of national importance ,attempt to unify the country when things have gone tits up in a vertical motion

Whatever you think about the 'royal family' it seems a bit early for our government to wheel out poor ole Brenda out when we're barely started going tits-up.
Don't agree Paul. This is a strategic and well considered intervention, and to consider that 'we've barely gone tits up' rather disrespects the families and friends of the almost 5000 who have died.
It also does not respect those of us who work at the front line, who are now dealing with families who have lost a love one. At this rime we need a figure head and a unifying message. Your comments may not have been intended to be glib, but they come across unsympathetically. I suspect that this was not your intention.

Don't agree Paul. This is a strategic and well considered intervention, and to consider that 'we've barely gone tits up' rather disrespects the families and friends of the almost 5000 who have died.
It also does not respect those of us who work at the front line, who are now dealing with families who have lost a love one. At this rime we need a figure head and a unifying message. Your comments may not have been intended to be glib, but they come across unsympathetically. I suspect that this was not your intention.

Fair comment, and yeah, glib is my mojo. You boys and girls at the front line have my enormous respect and admiration and if it was up to me a fund manager would walk lockstep with every medic who dies of this horror.

I don't, I am truly sorry to say, think this has reached it's peak. I think the panicked government has decided to hide in Brenda's coat-tails too soon.

Perhaps a time for being glib has gone, there are nearly 5000 people who have been killed by this, frontline health workers are dying doing their jobs, perhaps you should think on that , I have no idea when I will see my daughter as she is a doctor in intensive care and I am considered to be a high risk, just try to imagine how that feels as a parent

Perhaps a time for being glib has gone, there are nearly 5000 people who have been killed by this, frontline health workers are dying doing their jobs, perhaps you should think on that , I have no idea when I will see my daughter as she is a doctor in intensive care and I am considered to be a high risk, just try to imagine how that feels as a parent

Couldnā€˜t possibly imagine.... You must be incredibly proud and enormously anxious at the same time.

Wishing your daughter and all of her NHS colleagues a safe passage through this horrendous time.

They have our complete and utter respect, not just through this time but also in general. If, at the very least, we can do our bit by following government guidelines then it is a small sacrifice in the grand scheme of things.

Back
Top Bottom