National News ....the public gets what the public wants?

Sarge

God like member
or to paraphrase the bard of Woking ...the public gets what the public voted for

perhaps the official Cummings Government response, to the recent devestating floods (thankfully few here in the 'shire) and their impact, should be 'suck it up snowflakes, we're busy Getting Brexit Done'

Our 'caring' Tory Government at its best , and showing its utter contempt for the electorate

88313744_10158418037623313_182360012125896704_n.jpg

Last edited:
Because many "independent reviews" are both costly and rarely independent.

Flooding is something that takes time to resolve, don`t forget something like 200,000 homes didn`t flood because of work done since the last major floods.

Insurance is a different kettle of fish, its risk based so companies aren`t going to risk insuring things like riverside houses and businesses. Maybe consider that before buying such?

Because many "independent reviews" are both costly and rarely independent.

Flooding is something that takes time to resolve, don`t forget something like 200,000 homes didn`t flood because of work done since the last major floods.

Insurance is a different kettle of fish, its risk based so companies aren`t going to risk insuring things like riverside houses and businesses. Maybe consider that before buying such?
Quick question... Is there anything the Tories have done since Boris took over that you don't agree with?

The whole point of that vote was not to thank anybody but to raise criticism of the government. Political nonsense from a defeated party and leader.
Try acting like a proper opposition.
It was so good to see Bojo visiting many flooded areas and offering assurances and support to those affected wasnt it ? ..... oh, wait, reality is, he couldn't be arsed :(

Nope. And I am not alone based on the thumping majority he got. :)

I know you don’t really understand politics, but more people voted for Labour and the Liberal Democrats in the last election than they did Conservative. His ‘thumping majority’ was seats, not votes, so it doesn’t make sense to use it in that context ?

I know you don’t really understand politics, but more people voted for Labour and the Liberal Democrats in the last election than they did Conservative. His ‘thumping majority’ was seats, not votes, so it doesn’t make sense to use it in that context ?

I always thought that the party with the most seats formed the government. :)
You could use the "number of votes" debate against Blair in 2005........ 35.2% IIRC.

Nope. And I am not alone based on the thumping majority he got. :)
@Sarge .............. he was busy and can`t be in two places at one. https://www.royalfree.nhs.uk/news-m...er-visits-royal-free-hospital-to-thank-staff/
wasnt Bojo off breeding some more mini buffoon-blusterers ? ;) ....he couldve sent the home secretary to flooded areas in his place?.... afterall, with an 80 seat majority , theres enough Tory MPs to have visited every flooded area Idve thought, Even Islip? ;)

wasnt Bojo off breeding some more mini buffoon-blusterers ? ;) ....he couldve sent the home secretary to flooded areas in his place?.... afterall, with an 80 seat majority , theres enough Tory MPs to have visited every flooded area Idve thought, Even Islip? ;)

Why should MP`s of any party get bogged down with a media circus of visiting a flooded area? Those very area`s folk are told to stay away from?
A more practical use of resources is to examine why houses are built on flood plains. Take a look at the new houses in the images on this report..........

Probably a bit concerned as to whether she'd float or sink if she fell in.....or possibly that screams of "I'm melting, I'm melting" would be caught on camera..... :unsure:

Why should MP`s of any party get bogged down with a media circus of visiting a flooded area? Those very area`s folk are told to stay away from?
A more practical use of resources is to examine why houses are built on flood plains. Take a look at the new houses in the images on this report..........
Capitalism and greed which are very much the raison d'etre of the party you love, no?

Back
Top Bottom