General The priory

Ox4Eva

What's the latest on this, seems to have gone quiet?

As a listed building, the slum landlord is liable but I guess the council either don't care or don't have the balls to take him on!

As a listed building, the slum landlord is liable but I guess the council either don't care or don't have the balls to take him on!
I would imagine it is not balls it is money. The council don't have any and won't want to risk extensive lawyers fees.

Its owned by the City Council and leased by FK.
The Council first "flexed their muscles" in 2005 as part of the planning conditions for the Hampton hotel.
By 2018 the Council got round to issuing a breach of conditions notice on FK.
In a nutshell, FK wants it out of the way be that by neglect or "mysterious happenings" but he knows a lot of folk are watching so it becomes tricky.

Council issues "enforcement", FK tidies it up to the bare minimum, cycle starts all over again ad infinitum........

It’s disgraceful what’s happened to the priory the place is derelict got a 6ft fence around it broken windows im honestly surprised it hasn’t had been burned down yet

With a bit of imagination he could have renovated The Priory it and incorporated it into the the hotel. It could have made a great bar and dining room .Architecturally it's much more interesting than the bland corporate shoe box of a hotel that has been built next door but I suppose that would have taken more investment than he was prepared to put in.

It’s disgraceful what’s happened to the priory the place is derelict got a 6ft fence around it broken windows im honestly surprised it hasn’t had been burned down yet
Actually it nearly did.... shortly after FK pulled the plug on it running as a pub, & shutting it down- there's photographic evidence on one of the threads of a previous incarnation of YF
( almost echoing the 'mysterious' fire that claimed Minchery Farm Country Club- partly where the Hampton Hotel now stands)

Both the leaseholder of The Priory - Firoz Kassam
And the owners- Oxford City Council

have an absolute duty of care to the Grade 11 listed building , Shame on both ,as neither have exercised said duty of care

Actually it nearly did.... shortly after FK pulled the plug on it running as a pub, & shutting it down- there's photographic evidence on one of the threads of a previous incarnation of YF
( almost echoing the 'mysterious' fire that claimed Minchery Farm Country Club- partly where the Hampton Hotel now stands)

Both the leaseholder of The Priory - Firoz Kassam
And the owners- Oxford City Council

have an absolute duty of care to the Grade 11 listed building , Shame on both ,as neither have exercised said duty of care
It’s grim around by the priory I dunno what sort of customer stays in the Hilton but I wouldn’t not that one .. the council won’t do anything about the state of the place or kassam would cost them to much and kassam won’t get do anything about the priory because quite simply why would he

What annoys me the most were the groups / commitees who kicked up such a stink about the the priory having the marquee and it being unsightly. Where are these arseholes now ?
The groups/committees have gone back in the shadows, because they have got what they wanted, the Pub and marquee gone, KA$$AM does not give a monkeys about the priory, and because the city council is spineless in regards to enforcement (in this case anyway) the priory will probably have to be demolished, Sad but inevitable.

With a bit of imagination he could have renovated The Priory it and incorporated it into the the hotel. It could have made a great bar and dining room .Architecturally it's much more interesting than the bland corporate shoe box of a hotel that has been built next door but I suppose that would have taken more investment than he was prepared to put in.
Depends if the listing covers the internal structure/features as well as the external. Dingy low ceiling rooms with no proper services are a hard sell to the hotel trade.
In no way excusing the way it has been left, but having a modern purpose for it is unlikely.

The groups/committees have gone back in the shadows, because they have got what they wanted, the Pub and marquee gone, KA$$AM does not give a monkeys about the priory, and because the city council is spineless in regards to enforcement (in this case anyway) the priory will probably have to be demolished, Sad but inevitable.
Were OXVOX not pushing for this to addressed at one stage?

Same as the stadium then?!

Back
Top Bottom