The Priory

Tbf, changing the bridge in Steventon is necessary whereas Kassam's treatment of the Priory isn't and is about saving himself money.

As an aside the comments on the Steventon article are quite amusing.

And I for
One won’t be looking forward to the bridge being out of action in Steventon

And regarding the Priory it OGB job to sort it but have the OCC got the bollox to order OGB to sort out and bring the Priory back to what it was.

And I for
One won’t be looking forward to the bridge being out of action in Steventon

And regarding the Priory it OGB job to sort it but have the OCC got the bollox to order OGB to sort out and bring the Priory back to what it was.

Oh the Steventon situation will cause mayhem but as said in the comments "a necessary evil".

Could be worse - at the Australian A League Grand Final the VAR system malfunctioned for several minutes and couldn't rule on a goal (the winning goal of the final) that was clearly offside. The TV replays worked, as apparently did the video screen in the stadium, but thats not allowed to be used, only the 'special' VAR multi-angle system from Hawkeye.

Could be worse - at the Australian A League Grand Final the VAR system malfunctioned for several minutes and couldn't rule on a goal (the winning goal of the final) that was clearly offside. The TV replays worked, as apparently did the video screen in the stadium, but thats not allowed to be used, only the 'special' VAR multi-angle system from Hawkeye.

Is the Priory getting fitted with VAR? :eek::)

So it was a VARiable they didn't take consideration of when the system didn't work?

Why don’t they open up the old sliproad onto A34 northbound between Steventon and Drayton?
They’ve been tidying up The north bound slip road in recent weeks but they have been on about
Reopening the slip road for a few years now so not to sure, also the bridge demolition has been put
On hold was supposed to be this year but with Network rail not electrifying the Oxford line at the moment maybe it may not happen.

Didn't work for me either. A 'logged in' type thing?

I suspect so. It's a PDF with the text copy disabled. Worth a read; you should be able to access it from the menu that @Sarge posted - all the comments are viewable.

The "10 montys of inconvenience" sounds like, maybe, Jacques Tati sets up a dance troupe in a public lavatory whose janitor is named Grimsdale: his assistant is played, as you guessed, by one Norman Wisdom. In the troup (the 10 montys) itself are: Dora Brien,, Brian Blessed, The Blessed Darryl Hannah, a cartoon character from Hanna Barbara, Barbara Windsor, Windsor Davis, Davis Steak, Steak Diane, Dionne Warwick and my favourite, Warwick Hunte.

I suspect so. It's a PDF with the text copy disabled. Worth a read; you should be able to access it from the menu that @Sarge posted - all the comments are viewable.

The "10 montys of inconvenience" sounds like, maybe, Jacques Tati sets up a dance troupe in a public lavatory whose janitor is named Grimsdale: his assistant is played, as you guessed, by one Norman Wisdom. In the troup (the 10 montys) itself are: Dora Brien,, Brian Blessed, The Blessed Darryl Hannah, a cartoon character from Hanna Barbara, Barbara Windsor, Windsor Davis, Davis Steak, Steak Diane, Dionne Warwick and my favourite, Warwick Hunte.
Warwick Davies overlooked? ........again ;)

Not sure this has been picked up but the City Council have refused the application referred to earlier in this thread. Detailed document on the OCC website which perhaps a tech savvy poster and provide a link to. Question is what happens next?

Back
Top Bottom