The Priory

I accept any fault or punishment should be dealt with between both parties, can't really see it effecting either party in the end.
My point was, IF Firoz did put the building into the minimal requirement, would it be any benefit to us or the club?
IF it reopened as a pub, big if of course, yes I think it would benifit us as in some OUFC fans, on match days ;)

IF it reopened as a pub, big if of course, yes I think it would benifit us as in some OUFC fans, on match days ;)
Read my post on the previous page, as I think it's a romantic view with no financial possibility.

Agreed on that @LondonRoader...though as football fans living in hope is something we do.....and the priory leaseholder/stadium landlord needs to know he is not immune from UK laws despite his tax exile existence...be interesting to eventually find out what, if anything, occ have imposed on the priory leaseholder for failing to comply with requirements of local planning permission

It's in a poor location for a pub and no one would open a pub on the basis of 23 good days a year! A high class restaurant like the Manoir maybe with a Hilton next door - FK could make it an external dining room:D

If it was going to be high-class it wouldn't want to be next to the Hilton, but I always thought that a restaurant was the most viable solution. Possibly some up-market burgery or branch of a non-food-led chain like Ramsey, Oliver or Carluccio. Cater for the hordes that use the cinema and the hotel guests.

Last edited:
If it was put back to being a pub, could a supporters club be built next to it or function room/building.

I seem to remember there was talk (maybe just in my head) of a walkway from the hotel to the Priory so it could be the restaurant. I guess that was scuppered because Hilton didn't want to cost of running and staffing an untiled, non-square area without tubular steel and canvas easy-clean chairs and glass table or to pay staff to do anything more difficult than microwaving slops in a bag.

I don't think it will be a pub again, there's no money in it. Possibly, having done the deal to delay refurnishing the Prioryn OGB did his diligence on the Priory as a standalone venue / Hilton extension (would have taken less than 30 seconds, imo) and decided to default. With the council supine or complicit he didn't have much to lose.

If it was put back to being a pub, could a supporters club be built next to it or function room/building.
It could...though weather it would,hmmmm?

The proposed housing being built in the vicinity may have residents who would prefer a proper pub as opposed to bars attached to leisure outlets? There again how does the old adage about being able to take horses to water.go?:rolleyes:

Hmmmm it appears that the feb2nd vox meeting to discuss the priory leaseholder failure to comply with planning permission, as announced by occ Bob price, hasn't as yet taken place.... if Oxford city council isn't able to adhere to it's own planned (&publically announced ) meetings, any wonder the priory leaseholder has ignored imposed requirements? .. ..occ make snail pace appear to be world record setting in comparison! :(

No doubt the news hounds at the Ox mail are working furiously to get answers.

Hmmmm it appears that the feb2nd vox meeting to discuss the priory leaseholder failure to comply with planning permission, as announced by occ Bob price, hasn't as yet taken place.... if Oxford city council isn't able to adhere to it's own planned (&publically announced ) meetings, any wonder the priory leaseholder has ignored imposed requirements? .. ..occ make snail pace appear to be world record setting in comparison! :(

I remembered to look & couldn't find it this morning. Great minds..........

Price is no longer in a position to do anything about it. The council is now run by a lady who is doing the job part time as (allegedly) the wages are not good enough.

So...Don't hold your breath

Price is no longer in a position to do anything about it. The council is now run by a lady who is doing the job part time as (allegedly) the wages are not good enough.

Sounds about par for the course for oxford city council!....wasnt the then new woman at Occ who insisted the priory marquee was taken down,as it wasn't in keeping with the (bowlplex breeze block wall) surrounding area all those years ago only a part time Occ officer too ?

Correct. Some might say that we've had 12 years of paying the "Price" and we are now deep in the "Brown" stuff!

Just a thought, but perhaps the latest Leader of OCC will have the b*lls to enforce planning conditions? ??‍♂️

The council website doesn't let you link to docs.

Reference 18/00713/VAR Alternative Reference PP-06814217 Application Received Wed 14 Mar 2018 Application Validated Wed 14 Mar 2018 Address Hampton By Hilton Oxford Grenoble Road Oxford OX4 4XP Proposal Variation of condition 3 (Repairs to The Priory) of planning permission 15/02836/VAR (Variation of condition 3 (Repairs to The Priory) of planning permission 15/02836/VAR to allow an additional six months to undertake facade repairs after opening of new hotel) to allow an additional six months to undertake facade repairs after opening of new hotel. Status Registered Appeal Status Unknown Appeal Decision
Docs here > https://www.dropbox.com/s/w81wkmv8nd1o7u3/18_00713_VAR-APPLICATION_FORM-1961588.pdf?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9fwvg57vm7db16/18_00713_VAR-COVER_LETTER-1961688.pdf?dl=0

follows on from the previous case (15/02836/VAR) which was approved to give an extra 6 months in Sept 2015.

Back
Top Bottom