The Priory, Firoka, The City Council & (at last) Oxford Times

attrocious reporting from OM ... Oxford City Council own the priory, the slum landlord does not own it, hes the leaseholder - with responsibilities to ensure the grade 11 listed building is 'fit for purpose' , which is something he is yet to do
OCC and Firoka go hand in hand @Sarge

Round these parts that would have had a "mysterious fire" a long time ago.
Listed buildings in the City tend to spontaneously combust .........
1570631052007.png

And get replaced by student flats... :rolleyes:

Round these parts that would have had a "mysterious fire" a long time ago.
Listed buildings in the City tend to spontaneously combust .........
View attachment 2253

And get replaced by student flats... :rolleyes:
hmmmm ... Minchery Farm country club... attached to The Priory, 'mysteriously' burnt down very shortly after the current leaseholder took the lease on (if memory serves) - its not studunt flats where Minchery Farm country club stood , its the slum landlord / Priory leaseholder's Hampton hotel !!!

I'm sorry but I have to go all
Reo Speedwagon
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from another (who alledgedly has inside info) the bit in brackets doesn't scan admittedly.

That it will be as originally thought the reception area etc for the adjacent hotel.

hmmmm ... Minchery Farm country club... attached to The Priory, 'mysteriously' burnt down very shortly after the current leaseholder took the lease on (if memory serves) - its not studunt flats where Minchery Farm country club stood , its the slum landlord / Priory leaseholder's Hampton hotel !!!

Mmm. No date yet (not holding my breath)
Also external facade only.
I bet the inside is pretty good....
No plans to use it then I assume

No. Firoka has submitted plans for the facade repair and may start work soon. We're back where we were before Firoka persuaded the council to allow the hotel to be started then opened because they were negotiating with Firoka for a full repair that would make the building usable.

That's news. If work actually starts, that will be big news. Odds?

No. Firoka has submitted plans for the facade repair and may start work soon. We're back where we were before Firoka persuaded the council to allow the hotel to be started then opened because they were negotiating with Firoka for a full repair that would make the building usable.

No sane bookie would touch that bet!

"We put the scaffolding up and it just caught fire guv"....................................... I`ll give you even`s on that!

Back
Top Bottom