The Priory, Firoka, The City Council & (at last) Oxford Times

as owners Oxford City council have IMO criminally neglected to enforce the leaseholder- our slum landlord, tax exiled in Monaco- meeting the obligations of both the lease he holds and also planning permission requirements (err) prior to him building his Hotel next to the Bowlplex and The Priory

its a grade 11 listed building which should be much better protected, and looked after than it has been by both Oxford City Council and also Firoka

f*****g Hell. When the OM or OT (sic) you, you've really got problems.

Do like the sound of the time-travelling caravans in the comments though. Cool.

Surely their is a group/company with hire power than a local council who could get involved in making sure a listed building is protected?

Doesn't this just show what an absolute horrible human he is, only interested in himself and money . No morals at all.
Agreed.
The council appear to have been either weak or bordering on negligent.
Kassam appears to have had the council round his little finger.
Did I read that he received planning permission for the hotel based on him keeping the Priory maintained to a reasonable condition?
Utter utter shambles and a total disgrace.

A FOI to OCC asking for correspondence etc between themselves and FK concerning this matter might be useful. May possibly even be grounds for a complaint against OCC regarding the way they have handled this matter.

Of course, the simplest way to have dealt with this was to give FK a short period of grace to comply with the planning condition then revoke the hotel's operating licence if he failed to do so.

Is there not a case of negligence on the part of OCC here?
The Priory, it is stated, is "owned" by the council which makes it property of the electorate. If they, the council, are not ensuring the upkeep of council owned property then, surely, they are negligent?

This building is a stone around everyone's neck, the council, Firoka and the fans.
It's a listed building so a minimum of structural improvements can be made, it could be made usable but not for a commercial gain and is very limited in what can be carried out there, the building footprint is limiting in it's use, too small for a hotel, too small for a pub and with no passing trade to keep it ticking over, there are not many positives to this building.

The Priory might get a new lease of life when the train station goes in, but what that might be as who knows.

Firoka are still obligated to maintain it properly though, regardless of how useful it is to him. The terms on the lease will be very clear....
I agree, but does that mean it has to be a usable building or one that just won't fall down.

I agree, but does that mean it has to be a usable building or one that just won't fall down.
Sadly, the latter, I would think. As a commercial venture it really doesn't have much potential. The proximity of the sewage works makes it less than attractive to the restaurant trade and it is too small to generate sufficient income as it stands.

Agreed.
The council appear to have been either weak or bordering on negligent.
Kassam appears to have had the council round his little finger.
Did I read that he received planning permission for the hotel based on him keeping the Priory maintained to a reasonable condition?
Utter utter shambles and a total disgrace.
definitely

They are ! ....but Firokas owner appears to be clad in teflon when being dealt with by the toothless priory owners ox city council
The city council are corrupt and are a big failing on its duties to the city of Oxford....mind you if a developer came in and said I will replace the priory with 20 student flats you could bet your bottom dollar we would see flats within a year

Back
Top Bottom