The Priory, Firoka, The City Council & (at last) Oxford Times

I agree, but does that mean it has to be a usable building or one that just won't fall down.
Its as per the terms of the lease. If that means usable, it has been to usable and not left to a tenant to make do as the investment will be huge/

Seeing as the overall site is profitable, Firoka just cannot say we ain't got the money.

They are ! ....but Firokas owner appears to be clad in teflon when being dealt with by the toothless priory owners ox city council
Having dealt with similar issues, it requires a level of persistence, detail, lawyers and calmness to get around lessees like Firoka. You can do it if the will is there, and it's very simple to enforce

Having dealt with similar issues, it requires a level of persistence, detail, lawyers and calmness to get around lessees like Firoka. You can do it if the will is there, and it's very simple to enforce
I wish oxford city council saw it that way & had already dealt with the sad state of affairs re the grade 11 listed priory which they own @Gary Baldi

I would suspect that the Council are wary of spending a lot of money in legal fees.
Kassam seems to virtually never back down and he also seems to have run rings round the council.

In the case of OCC the will has not been there. It was a condition of the 2014 planning grant for the hotel that the Priory be refurbished BEFORE work commenced on the hotel. This was waived in 'a deal' by which the lease would be reissued with 99 year term and Kassam would fix both the inside and outside (which I think was part of the original refurbishment above anyway) BEFORE the hotel could open for business.

Both these conditions could have been simply enforced at the designated times. Why weren't they? I have some emails that indicate English Heritage and Oxford Preservation understood that a resolution was agreed between OCC and Kassam and work on the Priory was imminent; these date from late 2014 iirc. At that timeI had applied for the Priory to be placed on the 'building at risk' register.

What happened? I don't know. I sent my documents to Nathan Briant last year. I wonder if, since OCC is silent, he has approached Nick Worrledge, who should be well acquainted with what actually went down. I am sure there's nothing OCC wouldn't be happy to put on public record.

I would suspect that the Council are wary of spending a lot of money in legal fees.
Kassam seems to virtually never back down and he also seems to have run rings round the council.
Which means they are effectively letting any rich businessman to do what the hell he likes with their property, because they won't enforce a lease.

The city council are ******* and are a big failing on its duties to the city of Oxford....mind you if a developer came in and said I will replace the priory with 20 student flats you could bet your bottom dollar we would see flats within a year
You might want to withdraw that Baz

Which means they are effectively letting any rich businessman to do what the hell he likes with their property, because they won't enforce a lease.
Well yes.
The condition that Kassam refurbished the pub before building the hotel? Ignored and what did the Council do?

Unless you know something I don’t, then I believe your statement could be libellous
Libellous? What not enforcing OGB to keep the priory in a condition it’s fit for, notnthe fact that OCC sold Oxford to FK for a quid and all the money he made from the sale of the manor and he can’t keep his grade 2 listed building in condition that t should be. Or is it because the truth hurts

Libellous? What not enforcing OGB to keep the priory in a condition it’s fit for, notnthe fact that OCC sold Oxford to FK for a quid and all the money he made from the sale of the manor and he can’t keep his grade 2 listed building in condition that t should be. Or is it because the truth hurts

This isn’t about my personal views, it’s about you claiming that they are ‘corrupt ‘ with no hard evidence, and me suggesting that it is ill advised.

The council are on our side and now the big boys have arrived they’re not worried about upsetting Uncle Firoz

Back
Top Bottom