The pitch

Grumpy Git

It’s looking awful in front of the South Stand. Probably the worst I’ve seen it since the egg chasers were here.
Who looks after it?

Six yard box in front of the East Stand is looking pretty churned up too.

It’s looking awful in front of the South Stand. Probably the worst I’ve seen it since the egg chasers were here.
Who looks after it?

Agreed, it’s like a cabbage patch! Think how deadly Graham and Whyte would be on a decent pitch.

Six yard box in front of the East Stand is looking pretty churned up too.

I like a bit of mud in the 6 yard box, makes it look more like a proper football pitch, these premiership pitches are too pristine. The players need a bit of mud on their kit when they leave the pitch.

Who looks after it?
Not the uni ground maintance team...their short contract wasnt renewed by firoka or stadco (?)in nov I think ? .... head of uni team briefly enlightened & warned re pitch condition& that since last relaid the playing surface wasn't to the spec paid for, nor had the pitch been correctly maintained (at oxvox open members meeting at cpf, last nov). .. 3 days later the uni groundstaff were informed their maintenance contract wasnt being renewed

Starting to look sad, sorry n tired (the pitch)

I guess this is the responsibility of the Stadco?

If so it’s yet another reason to offload the breeze block somehow and leave it on Kas**m to look at an empty stadium.

I guess this is the responsibility of the Stadco?

If so it’s yet another reason to offload the breeze block somehow and leave it on Kas**m to look at an empty stadium.
In the interim though the pitch will need some serious money investing in it and proper maintenance after

Agreed, it’s like a cabbage patch! Think how deadly Graham and Whyte would be on a decent pitch.

Thought that might have been the reason McGeady was subbed. As pointed out elsewhere, he was causing Hanson problems in the first half.

In the interim though the pitch will need some serious money investing in it and proper maintenance after

It will it looks in bad shape. May I suggest whilst we are at it that we move the touchline which over hangs the stands at fence end and bring it back at least 2.5m towards the east stand. Theres a goal shape recess in the barrier _________
______/ \______
To allow for this only a small bit of tarmac needs breaking up.

Couldn't believe they put the sprinklers on before the game . That pitch in front the south stand was well waterlogged. Who makes these decisions?

The problem ultimately lies with the south stand roof and all of these fixes are just short term solutions. To fix the issue for good they need to replace the roof panels with translucent ones to allow the pitch to get sunlight. Just a shame Kassam will never do anything about it.

The problem ultimately lies with the south stand roof and all of these fixes are just short term solutions. To fix the issue for good they need to replace the roof panels with translucent ones to allow the pitch to get sunlight. Just a shame Kassam will never do anything about it.
South stand shadow isn't helpful....fixable by inserting clear perspex panels to allow the sun to get on it....trouble is our slum land Lord won't fund that.....real issue is when the pitchwas relaid it wasnt to the required specifications, and subsequent maintainance wasnt adequate for the relaid pitch. As revealed by the then head groundsman last November

Don’t think the pitch is too bad compared to others in the league. Have a look at Saturdays EFL highlights.

Granted we can't do much about the Kassam stadium stand shadows, but surely Tiger could invest in grow lights ?

Back
Top Bottom