League One The Perfect Results

That could not have gone better.

Absolutely buzzing for Saturday after tonight. If we can get three points then the Wycombe game is going to be something else...

Taster: In fifty years of watching Sunderland I cannot recall watching a bigger pile of crap than this performance, they should be ashamed, hardly had an attack in eighty minutes against a team that has just kicked the ball in the sky all game. Embarrassing.

Can’t even copy most of the comments. ???

“We were at the memorial ground.
Our players should be interred beneath it to commemorate the death of SAFC as any semblance as a viable football team seemed to die tonight.”

Calm, considered debate going on over there...

Sunderland are still in it and it’d be stupid to write them off just yet but given they only have eight games left I don't think they can afford more than one defeat. They probably need 7 wins from 8 to have any hope of the automatics and even then that’d be tight. I think the current top six will be the final top six but second place is anyone’s and if we can muster seven or eight points from the four big head to heads we have then I think the remanning five games will reap the additional 12 or 13 points to see us promoted automatically.

Sunderland are still in it and it’d be stupid to write them off just yet but given they only have eight games left I don't think they can afford more than one defeat. They probably need 7 wins from 8 to have any hope of the automatics and even then that’d be tight. I think the current top six will be the final top six but second place is anyone’s and if we can muster seven or eight points from the four big head to heads we have then I think the remanning five games will reap the additional 12 or 13 points to see us promoted automatically.
Who's writing them off?..... Not us, the blunderland supporters maybe

Well what a fantastic day of results for us last night. Next weekends fixtures are ridiculous with all promotion chasing teams playing supposedly weaker teams.

• Blackpool - Sunderland
  • Bolton - Peterborough
  • Bristol Rovers - Ipswich
  • Burton - Wycombe
  • Coventry - Shrewsbury
  • Doncaster - Wimbledon
  • Gillingham - Fleetwood
  • Oxford Utd - MK Dons
  • Portsmouth - Accrington
  • Rotherham - Southend
  • Tranmere - Lincoln City

Well what a fantastic day of results for us last night. Next weekends fixtures are ridiculous with all promotion chasing teams playing supposedly weaker teams.

• Blackpool - Sunderland
  • Bolton - Peterborough
  • Burton - Wycombe
  • Coventry - Shrewsbury
  • Doncaster - Wimbledon
  • Gillingham - Fleetwood
  • Oxford Utd - MK Dons
  • Rotherham - Southend

Out of those games, I think we could see Burton winning, and Gills giving Fleetwood a good game. Gills are pretty decent at home.

• Blackpool - Sunderland
  • Bolton - Peterborough
  • Burton - Wycombe
  • Coventry - Shrewsbury
  • Doncaster - Wimbledon
  • Gillingham - Fleetwood
  • Oxford Utd - MK Dons
  • Rotherham - Southend

Ipswich could be 10 pts off the play-offs after this round of matches - how they have fallen
Blackpool vs Sunderland isn't a gimme and Gills vs Fleetwood could get a bit spicy.

Also Wycombe away at Burton is no gimme. But we've seen teams slip up this last week do anything can happen but the most important thing is that we win and keep the pressure on everyone else.

• Blackpool - Sunderland
  • Bolton - Peterborough
  • Burton - Wycombe
  • Coventry - Shrewsbury
  • Doncaster - Wimbledon
  • Gillingham - Fleetwood
  • Oxford Utd - MK Dons
  • Rotherham - Southend

I'm going to predict that the "stronger teams" will win all of these games, except for us.

Pompey were booed off at the end, it wasn't even like the commentators could say they was booing the ref as he was decent.

That is ridiculous as Fleetwood have as much chance of promotion/play offs as they do.

Back
Top Bottom