The next eight games.....

Bradford are after a new boss now so their dynamic changes again.
It’ll certainly be interesting to see how they do, with many people on here suggesting - with some justification- that a change of manager at this point of the season would be committing suicide.

It’ll certainly be interesting to see how they do, with many people on here suggesting - with some justification- that a change of manager at this point of the season would be committing suicide.

Given their track record of recent appointments it probably is. They want through a good spell and have to say I thought they would pull away but they have not kicked on

It will be tight, whichever way you cut it, and we really don't want to go to Luton still needing even one point.
Shrewsbury play their game in hand tomorrow night (v Donny) and Rovers still have a game in hand.
Wimbledon are still adrift despite a recent upturn, and Bradford are looking for their third manager of the season (so hopefully unlikely to get much of a bounce from any new appointment).

Now that elusive away win has been attained I reckon we're set for an unbeaten run , including 6 wins , to the end of the season

The only problem is that we've generally done better against the top clubs than those nearer the bottom--maybe because the top clubs think we'll be easy pickings, whereas those at the bottom play in a style that we're unwilling or unable to match.

More games like yesterday's will be needed--not trying to play too expansively, but doing whatever it takes to grind out a win.

I've wondered about this point as is appeared to be true so I've broken it down into points gained against the clubs in each quarter of the league. The points tallies are:

Teams placed 1-6 = 8/27
Teams placed 7-12 = 13/30
Teams placed 13-18 = 8/27
Teams placed 19-24 = 7/18

Bearing in mind, we're in the bottom quarter and therefore cannot gain nor drop points against ourselves, it goes to show that the sides in the higher reaches of the division have indeed proven happier hunting grounds for points.

That's an issue as we're giving point away to those around us and allowing the likes of Scunthorpe, Plymouth and Accrington to wriggle free. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Scunthorpe take something from us this weekend and then we promptly go and beat Doncaster later in the season.

I've wondered about this point as is appeared to be true so I've broken it down into points gained against the clubs in each quarter of the league. The points tallies are:

Teams placed 1-6 = 8/27
Teams placed 7-12 = 13/30
Teams placed 13-18 = 8/27
Teams placed 19-24 = 7/18

Bearing in mind, we're in the bottom quarter and therefore cannot gain nor drop points against ourselves, it goes to show that the sides in the higher reaches of the division have indeed proven happier hunting grounds for points.

That's an issue as we're giving point away to those around us and allowing the likes of Scunthorpe, Plymouth and Accrington to wriggle free. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Scunthorpe take something from us this weekend and then we promptly go and beat Doncaster later in the season.

Interesting figures. Do they reflect where teams are now? Or where they were when we played them? I’m just thinking that for teams like Plymouth, who we beat in (October?) when they were in the relegation zone but have since gone on a run, the figures might be slightly skewed.

Interesting figures. Do they reflect where teams are now? Or where they were when we played them? I’m just thinking that for teams like Plymouth, who we beat in (October?) when they were in the relegation zone but have since gone on a run, the figures might be slightly skewed.

Yes, that is a downside to it. I've calculated it based on the positions as of today so there is some skewed numbers.

That said, I don't think we've had a real game changing charge or decline from any teams this season, have we? I'm thinking a Barnsley-style bottom to playoffs run like they had in 2016. As such, I think as a rough indicator to see whether we do better against the top half sides than the lower half sides it does map out that that is the case.

They say hot weather affects the senses.
;)...... despite the off field issues, I think winning away on Saturday will mark a turning point in on field fortunes for the U's .....only enjoying the unseasonal sun now, having driven a couple 100 miles earlier
:)

.....look pretty straightforward on paper.

16th, 17th, 22nd, 23rd, 10th, 12th, 18th, 24th.

If we can string together a few battling performances like yesterday and/or some quality performances like we've seen from time to time this season, then I don't think it's out of the question that we could come out of that stretch with 4-5 wins and a couple of draws and basically remove all our relegation fears.

We may have to - because I wouldn't want to be needing too much out of our last four - when we play three of the top six, all of whom may still have promotion to play for.....

Now's the time, KR - let's get it done, and then we can get back to worrying about things in the Boardroom, and hoping that we don't **** up a 3rd straight summer window!

Yes, this is more like it! Come on Oxford! 8 straight wins. If it happens and we make a charge for the playoffs, I'll get a tattoo of Robinson sat on the back of a tiger.

BELIEVE!

We’re safe!!! There are too many teams below playing each other, and totally out of form.

We can make plans for League One next season. Now if I was KR I’d start looking at a few of the youngsters, and see if they can take to league football the same way Baptiste has.

I think we could easily get 6 points min on current form which should be enough to make sure we avoid relegation I would love ya to win by a two goal bargain soon as these last minute winners can only go on for a short time we’re still shaky in defence like yesterday a needless penalty to give away lucky got away with that yesterday but if we continue to commit silly fouls we will drop points needlessly but our recent form is good I would take a draw against wallsall in the next game and I think it will be a tough game being away from home.

6 games of the 8 down and we're on 4 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat. League 1 safety almost secured and Erick getting ready to pack an overnight bag for a trip to Oxford!!!
This kind of optimism I can endorse.
I want to see Erik in a "Loads of money" pose in the directors box.

This kind of optimism I can endorse.
I want to see Erik in a "Loads of money" pose in the directors box.

48ba0306b2816fb6ae6ab9491dd1bc5f.gif

We’re safe!!! There are too many teams below playing each other, and totally out of form.

We can make plans for League One next season. Now if I was KR I’d start looking at a few of the youngsters, and see if they can take to league football the same way Baptiste has.

Karl said in a TalkSport interview on Monday, that as soon as we're confirmed safe he's going to start throwing some more youngsters into the first team mix.

Would assume Nico Jones, Fabio Lopes and Kyran Lofthouse would be the main ones tried out.

I think we could easily get 6 points min on current form which should be enough to make sure we avoid relegation I would love ya to win by a two goal bargain soon as these last minute winners can only go on for a short time we’re still shaky in defence like yesterday a needless penalty to give away lucky got away with that yesterday but if we continue to commit silly fouls we will drop points needlessly but our recent form is good I would take a draw against wallsall in the next game and I think it will be a tough game being away from home.
Someone should have a word with your English teacher.

Back
Top Bottom