Matches The next 4 games..............

Lincoln.yellow1

After a disappointing start to the season are our next 4 games including playing two of our earlier postponements a measure of what we can expect going forward to either realise our potential from last season and start climbing the table or will we be languishing in the deeper regions of this league as we are now and be scrapping for every point.

Crewe at home up next - You would think our players will be right up for this game after the way we were treated by Crewe with the two postponements and with the free weekend we have just had we should certainly be the fresher.
Our home form is good so 3 points for the yelllows here.

Wigan away next Saturday - Wigan have already lost 8 of 11 games and they have only one win at home all season, we have to go into this game with our attacking players on the pitch, we can not play just the one up front for this game.
Play attacking football and another 3 points could and should be making their way back to Oxfordshire.

Portsmouth away on a Tuesday night follows - The two teams have thrown up so many good games over the years and this result could literally go either way, would I take a point now, yes I would.

Our final match in November brings Swindon to the Kassam (if they bother to turn up) - I think we would have definitely beaten them if we played them on the original date, now they have a new manager which will give them a spring in their step so this game worries me a bit more now in terms of the result than it did. If we can get 5 or 7 points from the previous three games then we should be no match for the scummers from down the A420, if we get turned over against Crewe and Wigan and leave Fratton Park with our tails between our legs then the chant of “8 in a row” will be long gone.

Now is the time, especially with our injured getting back to push on and get us in the top 10, 8, or ever top 6.
COME ON YOU YELLOWS.......

With todays results going our way, win against Crewe on Tuesday will take us up four places above Rochdale on goal difference.

The one thing I would say is that rather than looking at one up front, it is important that we get Henry back in form. So much good comes from him finding space off the striker, or getting balls into the front man.

Hopefully we will have Mous at the back and Long at right back. That will allow Forde to control the game from the middle and Henry to focus entirely on his game. Shodipo or Cooper on the left will offer enough pace to worry defences, hopefully allowing Henry to play to his strengths.

Winnall being fit will mean that for the first time we can swap him and Taylor at the hour mark to maintain a consistent threat, and hopefully goals being scored will take the pressure of our defence.

Feeling confident, but this season is almost impossible to predict. So I'll go with 3 wins and a draw and 4 clean sheets!!!

Don’t expect much out of Portsmouth game but 3/4 games we’d expect a minimum 7/12 points. 2 home wins are needed even Wigan who are struggling (a bit like Bolton last season) we should expected to win this one now if we could get 9/12 that would be a excellent return & could really kick start our stop/start season

The one thing I would say is that rather than looking at one up front, it is important that we get Henry back in form. So much good comes from him finding space off the striker, or getting balls into the front man.
True, but given that he has really struggled since the return after the March lockdown that's quite a challenge. His form wasn't that great at the beginning of 2020 either for that matter.

If we play well and get a couple of breaks, there is no reason why we shouldn't get up to half way in the next month or so.
A couple of decent signings in the transfer window and CB back in the new year and who knows?

Im just hoping the next 4 scheduled games actually take place on the dates scheduled

two of em ( ok both V Crewe) been postponed as has the Scum date.... and International call ups ( inc 2 u21s ! ??)
have seen a total of 4 scheduled matches postponed

OUFC need a bit of momentum to get this season on track

I honestly cant see where our next points are coming from? Wigan and Swindon should be gimmes based on their form but ours is just as bad and we looked truly wretched against Crewe.

Can anyone be more optimistic?

I honestly cant see where our next points are coming from? Wigan and Swindon should be gimmes based on their form but ours is just as bad and we looked truly wretched against Crewe.

Get momentum to begin a roll on Saturday, with a winning run to follow

(I hope)

I think the grounds for optimism must be that surely the manager and players must make changes after that wretched display. There are (as KR has said himself) no excuses for it.
The players have got to be more up for it, KR has to make decisions on players/positions and be ready to change things quickly and decisively if needed.

It was so poor that at least it cant get much worse!

I think the grounds for optimism must be that surely the manager and players must make changes after that wretched display. There are (as KR has said himself) no excuses for it.
The players have got to be more up for it, KR has to make decisions on players/positions and be ready to change things quickly and decisively if needed.

It was so poor that at least it cant get much worse!
But this is the thing. Weve played awful before and needed to change it up, yet weve got worse!

It feels an absolute chore tuning in at present as you can be pretty confident we are going to lose.

If we do lose to Wigan, we are resigned to our fate in my opinion.

That's the thing about optimism, for you to think that way you have to be a little optimistic!

I don't think we've been anywhere near that bad previously.

I don't think a loss to Wigan should make us resigned to relegation (a lot can change over the rest of the season) but I agree that seeing how we play on Saturday will give us a much clearer idea how likely that might be.

We have to become difficult to beat in the first instance.
Far too many comfortable wins (2 goal winning margins this season for the opposition).

One thing is surely guaranteed
The back 4 WON’T be the same for the Wigan game.......
Ruffles needs a break
Clare.... well say no more .... possibly further up the pitch
Long a steady RB or Forde at RB
Leaving Moore in the same position

One thing is surely guaranteed
The back 4 WON’T be the same for the Wigan game.......
Ruffles needs a break
Clare.... well say no more .... possibly further up the pitch
Long a steady RB or Forde at RB
Leaving Moore in the same position

My back 4 would be Long, Moore, Mous, Obita/Ruffels for Saturday. Probably Ruffels as I'm not sure risking Mous and Obita when they are working back to fitness starting would be worth risking. I'd push Clare up to right mid/wing. Forde has to stay in central midfield for me and I'd play McGuane or Cooper on the left. Henry or Sykes in the centre with Gorrin and Forde. Taylor upfront but Agyei as his back up on the bench. Shodipo is currently only a supersub type player for me.

Back
Top Bottom