Manager/Coach The need for a new manager

Should be worth a two year contract. He wouldn’t take any bull from players

I reckon Uwe Rosler might be amongst the applicants before long. Fleetwood won’t tolerate their position much longer

Faz has said he’s planning to sort out a friendly game to help get Ivo and some of the injured players match fit “in the next 7 to 10 days”. All very sensible but certainly doesn’t sound as though Faz expects to be replaced any time soon.

Faz has said he’s planning to sort out a friendly game to help get Ivo and some of the injured players match fit “in the next 7 to 10 days”. All very sensible but certainly doesn’t sound as though Faz expects to be replaced any time soon.
Plan for the long term and if a new manager comes in, change the plan. Better than doing nothing and wondering!

I think it will be another pep type signing (Bellamy maybe) to prove themselves, then a better contract at the end of the season.
It would hurt slippery's pocket too much otherwise, they will also be able to keep the backroom team.

Hopefully they will announce it today or tomorrow before the game.

Only if it 1/ ends in appointing the wrong manager (again) or 2/ costs us relegation. Otherwise a slightly long delay in making sure we get the right man ain’t a bad thing

I think it will be another pep type signing (Bellamy maybe) to prove themselves, then a better contract at the end of the season.
It would hurt slippery's pocket too much otherwise, they will also be able to keep the backroom team.

Agreed. I think an appointment, as long as it’s a sensible one, will give everyone a lift - players and fans alike.

There’s a danger the place will go toxic on Saturday if there’s a defeat with Faz still in charge

I think personally weve spoken informally to a few, but the actual decision making process will commence after the takeover completes. Whenever that may be.

It simply does not and should not take this long if it has your 100% focus.

1. Identify provisional targets (with help of agency/headhunters)
2. Review applicants and filter against set criteria
3. Initial interviews with broad discussion
4. Focussed interviews with presentation element
5. Board review and assessment
6. Offer made.

With a chairman, CEO and HR involved i would say you would do 1-3 in a fortnight (with 1 likely starting before previous incumbent departs).

3 weeks max for all. With full focus.

I suspect were only at 3 due to other factors/priorities.

Have to agree it does all seem to have gone really quiet. No snippets in the press, tweets or hints on social media. I would have thought if something was imminent there would be some sort of rumours and whispers. The betting sites also seem to show nothing much doing.

Which all probably means there’ll be an announcement tomorrow ?

Have to agree it does all seem to have gone really quiet. No snippets in the press, tweets or hints on social media. I would have thought if something was imminent there would be some sort of rumours and whispers. The betting sites also seem to show nothing much doing.

Which all probably means there’ll be an announcement tomorrow ?
heard a whisper from several sources, although neither has any substantiation so it seems to be speculative, that there's likely to be an announcement re manager/head coach on Saturday.... shan't be holding my breath on that actually happening!

Which all probably means there’ll be an announcement tomorrow [emoji4]
heard a whisper from several sources, although neither has any substantiation so it seems to be speculative, that there's likely to be an announcement re manager/head coach on Saturday.... shan't be holding my breath on that actually happening!

Is bazzer one of ur sources [emoji6]

Is bazzer one of ur sources [emoji6]
suprisingly, he isn't , Bless him :) .... though as mentioned, without any substantiation it is merely a speculative rumour methinks

Just got a feeling you could be right (about Bellamy).

On the one hand it’s reasonable for the board to take their time to make sure they appoint the right person and if we had say been unbeaten in the last two matches fans would be fairly relaxed about the length of time it’s taking.

However there is a nagging thought that Eales/board are buying time here, particularly if there is a takeover happening.

Question. If there was no takeover or potential of a takeover happening would we have already appointed a new manager?

Back
Top Bottom