General The meeting Wednesday

I like that interview.

I think its clear that maybe half of the team that got us to third position are just not going to cope in the champ. After a few days reflection I have come to terms with the fact that we aren't ready.

For me, Dickie, Bran, Sykes, Kelly, Taylor and Browne might do OK (this is the minimum ability required), but apart from that Its a major rebuild.
Blimey, considering Dickie and Brannagan will probably both be gone and of the rest, all bar Sykes, are loanees, that is a major rebuild!

If the board don’t back KR he will be off maybe to late already
Depends what back means. With crowds only possibly returning in October, I imagine a lot of clubs are or will be in financial trouble. Some were before this. I would be amazed if 1. KR doesn't accept this reality when looking at funding for next season and 2. If many other clubs will be in a position to offer larger/improved budgets for next season. Yes there may be some championship clubs he could go too but their bigger overheads means these clubs could be in even more trouble without income.

I think what KR is saying is that he owes the club and the board for sticking by him but he also wants to make it clear that if they are serious about going up next season then there needs to be a serious rebuild which I think is completely true.

yes we have good players but you should always look at getting better players in if you can.

KR understands as a club we have to sell players, most clubs at our level need to but if we are going to do it then do it in the summer not at the last minute of the January window.

I think he will stay but he will be off if we don’t go up next season.

I think what KR is saying is that he owes the club and the board for sticking by him but he also wants to make it clear that if they are serious about going up next season then there needs to be a serious rebuild which I think is completely true.

yes we have good players but you should always look at getting better players in if you can.

KR understands as a club we have to sell players, most clubs at our level need to but if we are going to do it then do it in the summer not at the last minute of the January window.

If we finish 15th, which we might well do, would he get a better job elsewhere?

Where would he go though? If we fail to go up next season could he do better? His stock is high at the moment which is why I think theres a danger that he might go, but if we finish midtable next season its a different story and he knows it.

If we finish 15th, which we might well do, would he get a better job elsewhere?
I think he would be off if play offs wasn’t possible. Play offs has to be the minimum aim next season.

what club higher up would take him now? I can only think of Birmingham which is a car crash club. Hull maybe but miles from his home, same with Barnsley plus both those clubs will be in league 1 next season.

Where would he go though? If we fail to go up next season could he do better? His stock is high at the moment which is why I think theres a danger that he might go, but if we finish midtable next season its a different story and he knows it.
I’m not sure it’s as high as people think. Maybe might interest clubs such as Pompey, Rovers, Ipswich, Sunderland but I can’t a championship club wanting him as to date he hasn’t done much to warrant it. Certain managers fit certain clubs and I think KR knows himself we are the perfect club for him.

It’s the threat of the wage cap and if that is introduced you won’t be seeing the best players holding out for the best offer.

We will have to see how much the board back KR

I felt the 2 interviews with Karl and Neil McW were excellent. Do listen on i follow. My God, is Karl distraught or what? He certainly wears his heart on his sleeve. I believe he deserves to be ranked with the best we have had For his all round work in the club. Clearly the wage cap issues are a real fly in the ointment.

Don’t clubs still have to vote in favour of this wage cap? If clubs don’t vote for it then it won’t come in surely?

Don’t clubs still have to vote in favour of this wage cap? If clubs don’t vote for it then it won’t come in surely?
It will depend on whether there are more richer clubs in Leagues 1/2 than there are in poorer xlubs

Even by your standards that doesn’t make sense Baz!
Well let’s say there are 10 clubs all with a good income at the gates match days and the other36 struggle with their gate receipts but could cope with a 2.5 million wage cap but the other 10 with the wages they pay couldn’t and would have to reduce their wage bill to accommodate the 2.5 million cap, which would make the playing field a more even
Keel.
let’s take Wimbledon twitch their 2.5 million budget their players could be more on par with say Sunderland or Ipswich so they along with the other 35 lesser clubs would have just about the same standard of players whutch would give them a chance.
Off course The recruitment and how the club is sold to the player to attract them to the club.

FFP hasn’t worked so maybe a wage cap may.

Back
Top Bottom