Matches The League One run in

Uuummm. I think it’s Fleetwood, Peterborough, Wycombe and Portsmouth we need to have the more difficult matches. Shame

Coventry away could be interesting............................................................... :)

Too hard to predict, this is based on all the teams carrying on their form which we know won't happen. Ipswich will be a big factor in deciding who gets in to the top 6, they have Fleetwood, Coventry, Pompey to play at home, win all 3 and they could still be in with a shout. Us and Posh have the easier run ins by the look of that. I would fancy us beating any of them at home, just the Coventry away game I'm fearing.

It is going to be very tight, that's for sure. Whatever happens, at least this season isn't one that has fizzled out early in mid-table mediocrity!

We gained a couple of points over many of our rivals on Saturday - it's pretty impossible to predict what will happen on a week by week basis.
Especially for me, given my performance in the prediction league!!

Don't forget Pompey still have 2 cups to factor into that tough run in. With a bit of luck they will stretch too thin and drop lots of points

It is going to be very tight, that's for sure. Whatever happens, at least this season isn't one that has fizzled out early in mid-table mediocrity!

We gained a couple of points over many of our rivals on Saturday - it's pretty impossible to predict what will happen on a week by week basis.
Especially for me, given my performance in the prediction league!!

Just look at Rovers to see how a season can go off the rails quickly.

It’s so tough to work out what constitutes a ‘difficult game’ towards the end of the season.

The initial reaction is to believe that teams lower down the league are ‘easier’ games.

However, would you rather be playing a team scrapping for its survival in relegation fight, or a team drifting in mid-table with nothing significant to play for?

Particularly in the final few games when fringe or youth players are introduced, non-returning loan players are removed from starting eleven and many players are already thinking about the summer or their next move.

If the dream comes true that I had Saturday night. Then are last game against Bolton we were already guaranteed a play off spot and we were 1 point behind Rotherham who were 2nd going in to the last game. Their last game is at home to Sunderland who needed atleast a draw to get in the play offs, it ended 1-1 between them and we beat Bolton 3-0 and pipped Rotherham to 2nd place by 1 point. Coventry were crowned champions with 2 games to spare. ? I will take the play offs at this stage though.

It’s so tough to work out what constitutes a ‘difficult game’ towards the end of the season.

The initial reaction is to believe that teams lower down the league are ‘easier’ games.

However, would you rather be playing a team scrapping for its survival in relegation fight, or a team drifting in mid-table with nothing significant to play for?

Particularly in the final few games when fringe or youth players are introduced, non-returning loan players are removed from starting eleven and many players are already thinking about the summer or their next move.

Tbf there isn't much of a relegation battle this season with Southend, Bolton and Bury already gone kaput. Unless Tranmere get on an amazing run of form they are also looking doomed.

It's close all round hopefully we can get a few points from the tougher games and some wins from the others keep this form going and we will be ok. Although Saturday's game was abit dodgy we have a weeks rest now at last..Playoffs would be great it's so tight at the top anything can happen let's just hope we are on the right side of it in games.

Absolutely, I guess the main difference this season is that there's only really 1 relegation place to fill already.

Absolutely, I guess the main difference this season is that there's only really 1 relegation place to fill already.
Let's hope alot of them are already on the beach when it gets down to the end.

Back
Top Bottom