Home Match Day Thread The last 11years (Jan 2010 - Dec 2020

Lincoln.yellow1

Our highs and lows over the last 11 years -
2 promotions
3 Wembley visits
Numerous cup runs and ending our County Ground non winning streak of 27 years.
As we are all different and memories are made of various reasons can you list your top 5 matches that you attended that will stay with you as a supporter of the club we love.

No particular order

Portsmouth (away) August 2013
The first day of the season, baking hot day, 3000 yellows packed into the away end (2500 allocation) against a team that were in the premiership only a few seasons prior however the boys from Pompey were still as arrogant as ever and sent home with a 4-1 thrashing. a truly great day.

Swindon Town (away) August 2011
With no win in Swindon for 27 years and against a team tipped for great things under DiCanio we came away with the result of all results, our performance was played with luck on our side and every player putting their bodies on the line to get the win, another red hot day with beaming sun, beaming smiles and a 2-1 away win.

Swansea City (home) FA cup 3rd Round - Jan 2016
With the BBC camera's at the Kassam, a struggling premiership team away to arguably our best team of the decade yet still in the basement division, the bookies odds were in favour of the Welsh side however most pundits had it down as the scalp of the round and so it proved with a 3-2 home win with Kemar Roofe putting himself firmly in the spotlight with his two tremendous goals.

Barnsley (Wembley) Johnstones Paint Trophy Final - April 2016
We were playing the football of our life, Barnsley were on the cusp of a return to the championship playing equally the type of football that pleases the eye. we gave as good a game as we would have dreamed of and but for 20 2nd half minutes where Barnsley showed their true worth with 3 goals in that short space of time we would have bagged our 2nd major cup success at Wembley, a great spectacle, a great day and even though we lost the game the pride of Oxford United shone through.

Lincoln City (away) September 2019
I had to put this one, family up, friends up in fact there were 10 of us to witness what was our biggest away win and gave me almost a year of dining out on the 6 - 0 result.

So many games to miss out on my top 5 memorable games, lets hope the next decade as as good if not better.

Last edited:
As the decade is coming to a close it must be time to look back on our highs and lows over the last 10 years -
2 promotions
3 Wembley visits
Numerous cup runs and ending our County Ground non winning streak of 27 years.
As we are all different and memories are made of various reasons can you list your top 5 matches that you attended that will stay with you as a supporter of the club we love.

No particular order

Portsmouth (away) August 2013
The first day of the season, baking hot day, 3000 yellows packed into the away end (2500 allocation) against a team that were in the premiership only a few seasons prior however the boys from Pompey were still as arrogant as ever and sent home with a 4-1 thrashing. a truly great day.

Swindon Town (away) August 2011
With no win in Swindon for 27 years and against a team tipped for great things under DiCanio we came away with the result of all results, our performance was played with luck on our side and every player putting their bodies on the line to get the win, another red hot day with beaming sun, beaming smiles and a 2-1 away win.

Swansea City (home) FA cup 3rd Round - Jan 2016
With the BBC camera's at the Kassam, a struggling premiership team away to arguably our best team of the decade yet still in the basement division, the bookies odds were in favour of the Welsh side however most pundits had it down as the scalp of the round and so it proved with a 3-2 home win with Kemar Roofe putting himself firmly in the spotlight with his two tremendous goals.

Barnsley (Wembley) Johnstones Paint Trophy Final - April 2016
We were playing the football of our life, Barnsley were on the cusp of a return to the championship playing equally the type of football that pleases the eye. we gave as good a game as we would have dreamed of and but for 20 2nd half minutes where Barnsley showed their true worth with 3 goals in that short space of time we would have bagged our 2nd major cup success at Wembley, a great spectacle, a great day and even though we lost the game the pride of Oxford United shone through.

Lincoln City (away) September 2019
I had to put this one, family up, friends up in fact there were 10 of us to witness what was our biggest away win and gave me almost a year of dining out on the 6 - 0 result.

So many games to miss out on my top 5 memorable games, lets hope the next decade as as good if not better.
The sentiment remains of course, but I think this thread may be a little late. By about a year.

Make the Swindon away win 38 years in the waiting, but here's 5 of many memorable games

No particular order, and not nesseceraly my top 5, but 5 off the top of my head

Charlton 2 Oxford 3 Ledson 94 minute winner

Middlesbrough 3 Oxford 2 robbed by Andre Marriner and brilliant away support

Swindon 1 Oxford 2 Beano

Lincoln 0 Oxford 6 best ever away win, bloody hot day, sun in my eyes trying to take pics but a great day

Millwall 0 Oxford 3 , 2 from McAleny and 1 from Ruffles

There's loads more, 3 against Newcastle, West Ham , Scum home games and the 2-1 away Seacombe and Hall, Swansea, and many many more

Good idea to cut off as the 2010s as we only had a handful of matches this year we could attend. Which also means that fans who weren’t there in the 80s 90s 00s can join in. And older fans have to drop those years too.

Back
Top Bottom